Ivo9's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Naples - the southern pearl of Italy

Naples (Napoli - Ital.) Is the capital of the Campania region and the province of Naples.

IMG_1493.jpg  IMG_1495.jpg  IMG_1498.jpg  IMG_1496.jpg  IMG_1527.jpg

The population of the town is 2 253 964 inhabitants (according to data from the end of 2008), its area is 117.3 sq. Km. Naples is located between two volcanic areas, the Vesuvius and Flegher's fields, on the shores of Naples Bay. The city is famous for its rich history, art, culture, and gastronomy. An important role in the city has music, be it romantic music with a guitar or mandolin, opera or traditional Italian music.

Naples is synonymous with pizza - here is the beginning of it.

The central and main square is Piazza del Plebiscito. East of the square is the royal palace (one of the residences of the Bourbon kings of Naples), and to the west is the church of San Francesco di Paola (the facade has a portal with six pillars and two pillars of Ionic.) Inside the church is round with two chapels on the side. The dome is located at a height of 53 meters).

IMG_1827.jpg

Nearby is the Teatro di San Carlo, the oldest opera on the Italian Peninsula.

Naples is also famous for its castles - the ancient Castel Nuovo (the new castle or also called the Maschio Angioino, completed in 1282. It is also an archival symbol of Naples), Castel dell'Ovo (the "Egg Castle" - located on a small island - Megaredes ) and Sant'Elmo (completed in 1329 and has a star shape).

DSC04605.jpg  IMG_1810.jpg  IMG_1816.jpg  IMG_1817.jpg

There are many museums and churches in Naples. Interesting is the underground geothermal area of Naples. This is a system of caves and structures that have been the result of mine activities over the centuries. Tours are organized in the underground Naples, where you can visit even a museum.

The Naples city government is twinned with Beaches Be - Madagascar, Palma de Mallorca - Spain, Santiago de Cuba - Cuba, Kalarash - Romania, Athens - Greece, Budapest - Hungary, Valencia - Venezuela and Sarajevo - Bosnia and Herzegovina.

Here's my vision why you should visit Naples 🙂

Tell even Italy's biggest fans to visit Naples and their reactions will vary - from shock to horror. For many, his very name calls up pictures of junk in the mind, and Naples is dusty. Naples is chaotic. Naples is a crazy town. Naples is also one of the most charming cities in Italy.

1. The best pizza you will ever try.

Ask any Italian where the best pizza in Italy comes from and the answer will undoubtedly be the same: "Napoli". This is the birthplace of the pizza, and since the 19th century, the Neapolitan has transformed its preparation into art.

IMG_1856.jpg  Photo0249.jpg  Photo0251.jpg

2. Not one castle, but three (better known as four).

Castel Nuovo, built in 1279 by Carl I Anjouski; Castel del Ovo, a castle of ancient origin and bearing the fresh name "Castle of the Egg"; Castel Sant Elmo - a fortress that rises above the city and dates back to 1275. In Naples is also Castel Capuano, a 12th-century castle located at the eastern end of Via dei Tribunali. However, it was restored to unrecognizеbleness, and today we find it difficult to find his 12th-century face from under his new façade.

DSC04581.jpg  IMG_1796.jpg  IMG_1804.jpg  IMG_1795.jpg  IMG_1833.jpg  IMG_1834.jpg

3. The bedrock of Naples.

Few cities are as sleazy as Naples. The shops and tourist sites rarely open before 10 am, closing everything again around 12-13 pm for a long lunchtime afternoon break until 15-16 pm In the evening the city is alive, especially the streets around the university and Spanapapoli (literally means "separating Naples "- this is the street that divides the historic center of Naples in two). The hot spots of the bustle are Piazza Dante, the area around Castel del Ojo and the coastal district of Kiaja, especially the area between Piazza Amadeo and Piazza dei Martiri.

IMG_1821.jpg  IMG_1506.jpg  IMG_1508.jpg  IMG_1512.jpg  IMG_1520.jpg  IMG_1521.jpg  IMG_1522.jpg

4. Sweets, sweets, pastries ...

The pizza is far from being the only food the Naples do well. Their "frit" (fried bites of what you think: shrimp, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc.), seafood and pasta are inhumanly delicious. But there is something that you do not have to miss for the world, and these are the Neapolitan bakeries. Between the 12th and the 19th century, Naples was under the control of French, Spaniards, Austrians, Bourbones, and this mixed heritage had the best effect on local pastries. However, both France, Spain and Austria have a strong tradition of confectionery. Add to their influence the Italian talent in the culinary industry.

IMG_1850.jpg  IMG_1851.jpg  IMG_1852.jpg

ivo9
Naples, Неапол, Италия
13 comments
Level 10

Re: Naples - the southern pearl of Italy

Hi @Ivo9,

Very good post and beautiful pictures. It has reminded me some souvenirs back to 2016. 

Naples is a very nice town and its suburb full of history. And the food is at his best!

Thanks for sharing

Here are pictures of my great souvenirs:

20160723_142541-COLLAGE.jpg

Hey guys, @Sagir, @Anonymous, @ErmesT@KlaudiyaG@AkmalB@Haseeb@OSAMA

You might be interested !

See you

Jul

Level 8

Thank you @Ivo9

Another great post.

Lets keep guiding. #LetsGuide

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm interested @Julien44. Thanks to you I can see how incredible Nepal is. Considering it very old (historical) city 🏛🏢, never would dream that has so much modern architecture.

It is always nice to see that mixture!

Thanks for sharing @Ivo9

Level 10

Hi @Ivo9

I knew that the pizza born in italy ,but I never knew that the Naples is the birthplace of pizza,

The new and old construction is looking awesome,and the bakeries are interesting part of the city,as many cultures effect on that,

Thanks for sharing beautiful photos and great history of Naples,

Thanks @Julien44 for mention me

Connect Moderator

Wow this is so nice @Ivo9

Thanks for taking us in to this great virtual tour..

I read a lot about this great city... it is always amazing. .

Thanks for the tag @Julien44

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 8

Hello @Ivo9,

I have never been to Naples so thank you for sharing!

Nice pictures and great post

New Caledonia Local Guides -------------------> Do you know the city I live?
If you want to translate this content into your own language, use the Google Translate drop-down menu just below the title of this post.

Level 9

woaah the castle from 12 century, still looks pretty much decent & it shows the art of quality construction was on its peak back then. And, the lunch break timing of 2-3 hours is amazing too because here in Kuala Lumpur we barely get a 1 hour lunch break 😐
Thanks for sharing @Ivo9

Thanks for tagging me bro @Julien44

Connect Moderator

Thank you for tagging @Julien44

beautiful post about a wonderful city @Ivo9, great description and nice photos.

I have some great friend in there, that I want to mention here @DanielaBP@FernandaDesiderata.

I miss you, ladies

Ermes

Connect Moderator

This are lovely shots @Julien44

I like this city for its music and food..

Thanks for sharing with us 

Kind regards 

Sagir 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve