ShafiulB's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: What I have earned from the Local Guides Community ?

Connect Moderator

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

I really liked your post  @ShafiulB! Very deep and full of meaning. 

In my case, I joined the program on February 2017 (a bit more than a year ago) because a friend told me about it. I remember sitting all day in a café making reviews and uploading photos from places I had visited. It was just amazing!! I was a user of trip advisor at that time, but when I knew about Local Guides my life completely changed. I learned about meet-ups when Google invited us to their offices in September for #a11y, and not long after I learned about Connect. I started to talk to lots of amazing people which I'm really grateful for!

I would like to mention and highlight some of the most inspiring and motivating members for me who helped me from the beginning: @HelloSamsonR,

And some other I met later on: @ErmesT 

Unfortunately I can't mention all of them! I'm really thankful for every member who contribute for this community to be better everyday. I always say: I've been part of many virtual communities during my short life, but this is the one that made me feel more honored and valued. I'm really happy and grateful for that.

Happy guiding! 🙂

@ValeriaA_ you are awesom LG . Thanks for your big story share. I see you are on the way to be another great.

Happy Guiding! !!

Connect Moderator

Thanks for your story and sorry for reaching you so late @ShafiulB

My story is, for some aspect, very close to yours.

I started as local Guide in July 2016. On August 24, 2016, a terrible earthquake destroyed the heart of Italy, and my aim was to try a way, through Google Maps, to create a space of memory, a way to help the rebuild of this beautiful part of our country. @LucioV is the first Local Guide that supported me in this idea. We met each other, for the very first time, on December 10, 2016, in Norcia, in a situation of high emergency, in the middle of a destroyed city, in the chaos of people working together to help. Army, volunteers, homeless, red cross, and more. We were there with some van fully packed of food, clothes, and everything needed. The activities were organised by Lucio and coordinated by @manulele81, another wonderful Italian LG. Search for them in LG YouTube channel. We call them "Local Heroes", because this is the right way to define what they do.

We met each other an uncountable number of times, they were the ones that changed my LG view, my LG life.

So thanks, Local Guides, for inspiring me

Level 10

Thanks @ShafiulB .

Only special one can  honour another special one @LucioV.

Your post enhance us to share and help people around the world with humility and love . Hi5

Level 8

Connect Moderator

@GabrielGC Thanks for your story share !! 

Keep it up ,,

Happy Guiding !!!

Connect Moderator

@hassan-karrouk wrote:

@LucioV is the local guide Legend  😊👍

Thank you bro @ShafiulB

@hassan-karrouk Thanks for your valuable comment !!! 

Happy Guiding !!!

Connect Moderator

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

@ShafiulB Your heartfelt writeup here sinks down into my hearts. Just a while ago I was sharing Something similar to @Julien44 post's about this community and been a local guide as a whole. @LucioV yes am speechless about him, he creates time for you out of nothing, and most of all especially he is very respectful, kind and helpful. Sometimes I do wonder if he has enough time for himself due to the amount of time he spends helping a lot of people, both online and offline. Indeed he is a rare gem.

Well,  I have earned a lot in this community in which no perk or whatsoever can replace. Everyday I come into this community I earned knowledge about things, people, culture, way of life etc. and this itself is priceless.have met great people and real time friends, both offline and online. There are a lot to say about what have earned as a Local Guide.

@ValeriaA_ Thanks for your kind words. 

@HelloSamsonR Thanks for all great words. Your comment will encourage others a lot! 

Keep It ..

Happy Guiding !!!

Connect Moderator

@Haseeb wrote:

Thanks @ValeriaA_ for tagging me or else I would have missed this great story of friendship between @ShafiulB & the legend @LucioV
Keep inspiring, Keep shining & Keep guiding 🙂

@Haseeb Thanks for your inspiring words and nice comment .

Happy Guiding !!!

Level 10

@ErmesT

Nice story. Thanks for sharing a part of you.

I think we cannot imagine what you have gone trough. It must have been so difficult.

Let's me take this opportunity to congratulate all the local heros. We need people like you. You are great!

See you around

Jul

@ErmesTa écrit :

Thanks for your story and sorry for reaching you so late @ShafiulB

My story is, for some aspect, very close to yours.

I started as local Guide in July 2016. On August 24, 2016, a terrible earthquake destroyed the heart of Italy, and my aim was to try a way, through Google Maps, to create a space of memory, a way to help the rebuild of this beautiful part of our country. @LucioV is the first Local Guide that supported me in this idea. We met each other, for the very first time, on December 10, 2016, in Norcia, in a situation of high emergency, in the middle of a destroyed city, in the chaos of people working together to help. Army, volunteers, homeless, red cross, and more. We were there with some van fully packed of food, clothes, and everything needed. The activities were organised by Lucio and coordinated by @manulele81, another wonderful Italian LG. Search for them in LG YouTube channel. We call them "Local Heroes", because this is the right way to define what they do.

We met each other an uncountable number of times, they were the ones that changed my LG view, my LG life.

So thanks, Local Guides, for inspiring me