AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: This week, let’s celebrate businesses that are helping to save our oceans

You are not mistaking @Vasudeohttps://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/A-path-for-wheelchair-at-1600-meters-abo...

@Vasudeo wrote:

Swan, in the Sile River Park was beautiful, and if I am not mistaken 'A path over the clouds' it is for wheelchair? @ErmesT

Thanks for sharing!

Vasudeo 

Level 7

@AriMar

No matter how small our effort is it's good if it can save environment.

I appreciate the plastic straw replaced by paper straw in a local juice store. The cotton bags instead of plastic bags is always great.

Level 8

@BakulMehta Thay are good calculations

@BakulMehta wrote:

@DavidTito

Nice to heard this. 

Thanks.

Here in Mumbai,India the same project started last year.

They have removed tonnes of garbage and you can see the difference of Versova beach after efforts of 85 weeks.

Hats of to Mr. Arfroze Shah - Environmentlist.

Pl see this link.

Cortsey - The Wire

https://thewire.in/environment/mumbais-versova-shore-transformed-due-worlds-largest-beach-cleanup-lo...

I am very happy to hear that

Level 8

Hay @OmarBD I am glad to you see you here, my friend,

@OmarBD wrote:

Hi @AriMar, Good to see you here. I so enjoy your post, and you inspire me to really go for what makes me happy and not settle for anything less. Thank a Lot! for your post sharing with us. Best of Luck!!

Natural BeautyNatural Beauty

Best Regards

Level 9

Hi @AriMar!

I convey my hearty greetings to you for such a reflective topic !!

I feel , your post is so nice that it is simply unparallelled !

Mondrito

Level 8

Thanks for sharing, @AriMar. Such an "inspiring" post.😍

Hopefully, we can all take part in our own little way as "Local Guides" in saving our environment. The time to do it is NOW! 

Will be looking out for those types of places you've mentioned from hereon and share them in Google Maps. Thanks for the helpful tips! 😇

For our city here in the Philippines  - it's great to know that a premier hotel is taking the lead, Marco Polo Davao - so far, the 1st one I've heard. They're promoting the use of bamboo straws with their various drinks and cocktails. Here's their recent IG post  which I had to make a screenshot for now  ( I will check later on when I drop by the hotel and get a drink of my own - then will take a snap for sharing...😉). Screen Shot 2018-06-07 at 9.12.29 PM.png

On another note, can't help but feel really SAD with the news a few days ago about a whale in the Southern portion of Thailand that died due to ingestion of 80 plastic bags, or equivalent to 18 pounds or 8 kilograms of weight in the creature's stomach. So disheartening!!!!! ☹️  ( Here's the link: https://sg.news.yahoo.com/whale-dies-thailand-swallowing-80-plastic-bags-151453743.html ). 

That's why everyone should really be environmentally-conscious. Much better if our local government units as well as the private sector will join forces in leading the way.  We SHOULD all do our part in this! We as LGs can make a difference! Cheers!  😀

Level 10

Hi @AriMar

You have highlighted an issue which is an alarming threat to the environment. Beating plastic pollution after it has reached the sea is a difficult operation. We have to stop the flow of plastic en-route.

For World Environment Day, India has announced that it will be cleaning up 100 of Indian historic monuments, including the famous Taj Mahal.

If the impact of a product is reduced, minimal, or no harm upon environment is Eco-friendly.

ISO 14020 and ISO 14024 establish principles and procedures for environmental labels.

We can select the shoppers who are Eco-friendly. We can decide that we purchase the materials from them. We can inform them that we are buying their products, just because of this reason. We can tell our friends and relatives to buy products from the shops who are Eco-friendly.

This will turn other shops to Eco-friendly.

We can wait for a future where plastic eating microbes are introduced that make no harm to the environment.

Bhasi Bahuleyan

Road is dark and dangerous. Be Nature-FriendlyRoad is dark and dangerous. Be Nature-Friendly

BHASI BAHULEYAN
Level 10

@DavidTito

Thanks for this. Love to save environment.

BM63
Level 9

Hi @bhasibahuleyan!!

I feel you are one the active crusaders of anti pollution campaign .

I pay my hearty greetings for your great concern .

I feel it's high time to act very fast before it is too late .

Being a resident of kolkata ; I feel the punch every where.

For last 30 years I have been suffering from C O P D ; and was under tremendous medication but of my own I started using anti pollution masks for last 12 years ; now is able to survive without medicine !!! 

But how long ?

I have seen lot of friends and colleagues who boasted of their sound health ; have fallen into alarming clutches of lung disease orders !! 

Respite is nowhere .

Hats off to your soleful  post .

Be pro  nature or else be ready to be extincted .

Mondrito 

Level 10

I am proud of reading your experience that you have successfully survived the control of medicine. I am really proud of you @MONDRITO.

Where there is a will, there is a way.

You have proved that you are right.

I appreciate your support for a pollution free world.

Thank you @MONDRITO

BHASI BAHULEYAN