TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 10

Thank you so much bro @Badruddeen

Level 8

I'm one of the lucky 151 people who got chosen to attend to Connect Live 2018.

Thank you so much for that! ♥

Though I have a little problem. I already have a trip booked and payed for from Stockholm to Tokyo October 19 and I won't be able to make it to that flight since I'm going to the event. Because of that I was wondering that instead of getting a ticket back to Stockholm after the event I would be happy to go to Tokyo instead, that way I wouldn't have to pay for my trip to Tokyo twice. 

I've been in contact with the travel agency and they tell me I can only get an on round-trip ticket. Is there any way we can work this out?

Maybe @brittym could see in to this?

Thank you again!

Connect Moderator

Congratulations... @YK1001

💐💐💐💐

See you soon at SF

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 6

Hi @Linnéa

CONGRATULATIONS ! Happy journey and 

Happy landings to tokyo !

Good luck ?!

Regards,

Thokchom DS India

Connect Moderator

Thank you so much dear @deepakjhic

@deepakjhic wrote:

Congratulations to those who got selected.

@NareshDarji

@ProfArunCM & 149 others. 

@TraciC

My bad luck I'm not going this year too. 

Please don't disappointed... Be positive...

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Level 8

Thank you very much, @NareshDarji!

Level 10

I had the same problem last year,  Maritz Travel said only round-trip tickets provided . In the end I paid to change the ticket for my earlier arrangements . In a way it's fair considering they have to accomodate 150+ pax travel challenges, so I didn't push for it.  I was just grateful to be chosen and didn't want to give problem to organizer . 🙂

Level 9

Hi @HeyJoe and @KarenVChin

I understand now. Thanks for the info. I appreciate it! Hope to see you at the event! Cheers!

Regards,

Jed

Connect Moderator

Congrats @Lattoria

💐💐💐

See you at saS Francisco

Connect Moderator

Congrats @HimanshiS

💐💐💐💐🇮🇳🇮🇳🇮🇳

Level 10

Hi guys @HeyJoe, @Shirley@OmerAli@Dduksoup@JensMG@ErmesT@yelizaveta_sm@WaweruM@Sagir,

I just want to congratulate you for being selected.

I have been lucky enough for also being selected and I will have the chance to meet you there! I am very very happy!

See you

Jul

Level 8

Hi @OSAMA @Badruddeen what about your mail? I am waiting......

Level 10

Hi @Tula@NickOmondi@KarenVChin@SumaiyaZafrin@XanderO@ValeriaA_@FrancM@MIHashimi@ProfArunCM

I have been lucky enough for also being selected and I will have the chance to meet you there! I am very very happy!

See you

Jul

Level 10

Hi @NurseitN@FaridTDF@IlankovanT@NirajBhusal@MiaMaria@LudwigGermany@Kamalhasnainee@FazeelUsmani@HimanshiS

See you

Jul

Level 10

Hi @davidhyno@vvbellur@DapsonIshmeal@Pedi@Fructy@Lattoria@PennyChristie, @راضي@SalmaanN

See you

Jul

Level 10

Hi @JaneBurunina@nkwetche@Phunky@hectorsantillan04@BudionoS

See you

Jul

Level 10

@Anonymous,

I should have wrote, not in yet.

I keep the fingers crossed for you guys!

See you

Jul

Level 7

Hey! 🙂 @HeyJoe Congrats dude!

Enjoy and Cheers

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 7

Congratulations man! @jonesndekia

Cheers 

Vasudedo

Vasudeo
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly @Julien44 ☺️!

Yet is a crucial word!

Level 10

@RonneBD 

wait till 20th june, you will get the mail.

Level 7

Hi @TraciC Thank you so much your concern!

Special thanks for that "Extra One" means a lot to that lucky one :)))

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 10

@ArielleM_ wrote:

Hello @LucioV,

Please check your inbox.

Thanks!

Really thank you @ArielleM_ the email was buried under thousands of notifications.

Have a nice day,

Lucio

Level 9

How to see LOCAL GUIDE summit 2018 selected attendees?

Connect Moderator

@Julien44 wrote:

Hi guys @HeyJoe, @Shirley@OmerAli@Dduksoup@JensMG@ErmesT@yelizaveta_sm@WaweruM@Sagir,

See you

Jul

🎉🎊🎉🥂🍾🍾🥂🎈🎈🎈🎈

Congratulations my friend @Julien44

I'm happy for you too. We are waiting the good news from @OSAMA @Justine2807 @HelloSamsonR and @Anonymous

See you in SF

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

Congrats @KinWanGoGo for being selected among the 151 luckiest  

Connect Moderator

@LucioV wrote:

@ArielleM_ wrote:

Hello @LucioV,

Please check your inbox.

Thanks!

Really thank you @ArielleM_ the email was buried under thousands of notifications.

Have a nice day,

Lucio

Congratulations Legend @LucioV see you in SF

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

@LucioV

congrats finally you got your mail. 

Level 10

Hi @Julien44

Congratulation to you also. 

See you verry soon!

Bonne Journée en France

🙂  

Nkwetche from #Douala #LetsGuide #Wakawaka #Cameroun
https://www.instagram.com/nkwetche/?hl=fr
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the optimism @Sagir, we are waiting. It is a bit strange that emails are selective and we didn't all receive at the same time, but all right!

Level 8

@THOKCHOM Thank you very very much! I really hope Google can help me with my trip to Tokyo

Level 7

Glad I am @OmerAli Congratulations!

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 10

@

@Julien44

Congratulations for getting in.

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 10

Congrats to you guys for your selection among the 151 luckiest. 

@HeyJoe@Shirley@OmerAli@Dduksoup@JensG@ermest@yelsma@WaweruM@Sagir@Tula@NicholasWamalwaO@KarenVChin@SumaiyaZafrinC@XanderO@ValeriaAumasque@FrancM@MIHashimi@ProfArunCM  @NurseitN@NareshDarji @FaridMont@IlankovanT@NirajBhusal@MiaMaria@LudwigGermany@Kamalhasnainee@FazeelUsmani@HimanshiS  @davidhyno@vvbellur@DapsonIshmea@Pedi@Fructy@Lattoria@PennyChristie@راضي@SalmaanN@Julien44 @LucioV  

Unfortunately I could not get selected, I wish I could meet you there at SFO. Better luck next time.   

Level 9

@Vasudeo Thank you!! 

Level 8

Hi @NirmalTeja read this POST by @TraciC hope you can find out who are selected.

Level 10

@KinWanGoGo

Many many congrats for getting in.

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 7

hey @Dduksoup congratulations man!  

Cheers 

Vasudeo

Vasudeo
Level 10

@LucioV

Hearty congratulations for getting in.

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 10

@YK1001

Congratulations for being in.

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 10

@Lattoria

Congratulations for your selection at LG connect live 2018.

💐💐💐

BM63
Level 10

@HimanshiS

Congratulations.

Proud for India.

💐🇮🇳💐🇮🇳💐🇮🇳

BM63
Level 10

@ProfArunCM

Yes. Sir. You are right.

We all believe that.

@ProfArunCM wrote:

@OSAMA

I believe that you are in.

BM63
Level 10

@Julien44 wrote:

Hi @Tula@NickOmondi@KarenVChin@SumaiyaZafrin@XanderO@ValeriaA_@FrancM@MIHashimi@ProfArunCM

See you

Jul

Hello @Julien44

Thank you very much and congratulations to you too.  I believe we are all privileged to have been selected by the amazing Local Guides team. For me, I feel very privileged and honoured to be a part of the 151.

As always, my special thanks and super congratulations goes to each and every Local Guides out there, helping out and contributing to improving Maps. Thank you @Badruddeen@DavidTito@HeyJoe@BM63@NareshDarji@FazeelUsmani@OSAMA@MiroslavP for your support and kind words. We all @Tula@NicholasWamalwaO@KarenVChin@SumaiyaZafrinC@XanderO@ValeriaAumasque@FrancM@MIHashimi@ProfArunCM should endeavour to represent the interests of all LG around the world at the #Connect Live event. 

All the best guys and keep guiding :))))

Level 6

Hi @Linnéa

Welcome and hope you to see at San Francisco if selected.

Good luck !

Regards

Thokchom DS

Level 8

@Julien44 I am so excited to be meeting you and all my fellow Local Guides as well! See you all soon! 🙂

Level 8

@FaraG You have a very valid point. If it's not possible to do anything then that's alright, won't stop me from going and I will make it work anyhow. Though I figured it's OK to just throw out the question

Level 10

@Julien44

Congratulations for in.

💐💐💐

You deserve that.

@Julien44 wrote:

Hi @Badruddeen@DavidTito@HeyJoe@BakulMehta@NareshDarji@FazeelUsmani@OSAMA, @Anonymous, 

Thanks for your nice words. 

I am so happy being selected. It will be for sure a memorable experience.

I am a bit lost at the moment with a strange feeling. I am so happy being selected and also so sad as some of my best LG friends are not in!

I hope there are still some free seats available for some of  you. I will keep the fingers crossed till hope is alive!

See you all soon,

Jul

BM63
Former Google Contributor

Hi @NirmalTeja,

We won't be sharing a list with the people who are going to the event due to privacy concerns. However, everyone who's applied on time will be notified via email whether or not they've been selected. 

Just so you know, I'm moving your post to the relevant thread which @bdmafuz also suggested.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!