cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

THIS POST SHOULD BE UNDER ( HOW TOS )

Hello smart people

I saw this post by chance in connect 👇by @Anonymous 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Reject-Street-View-Images/td-p/3446731#.YtehxaAGpbM.link

It was posted under PHOTOGRAPHY, by the user without knowing Instead of posting it under HOW TOS.

He asked a question , but it looks he didn't get answers because of the post in the wrong Field. 

I tried to help, but I think there are a technical issues caused his problems.

Should not this post be moved under HOW TOS , so he can get more tips and understanding!???

Who will move his post under the right Field please? 

If I am a Connect Moderator, I could move it 😉

I am tagging @AngieYC so she can contact the technical support team

Thank you all

SURROUND YOURSELF WITH THOSE ON THE SAME MISSION AS YOU
Osama Zaina
Amman, Jordan
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: THIS POST SHOULD BE UNDER ( HOW TOS )

Hello @OSAMA_ 

That's very good and thoughtful of you to be looking out that the forum should be well organised as always. Although streetview is no more supported on connect as you know,nevertheless "the how tos" is still the proper board for questions and queries.

Well for subsequent times,if you see such posts ,you could alert/kindly advise the user themselves in the comment box below the post, to edit it to the correct category. If the user is  new on connect which they possibly are,you can also suggest some nice articles to them like How do I write a post on Connect ,    Your-guide-to-Connect etc .That's one thing you could do.

Second thing is,You could also tag a moderator for assistance in things like that. They will take care of it then. 😝.

Nevertheless, we know that they are busy and at the appropriate time they will sort it out. Goodluck for your ambition brother. 💙

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Level 9

Thank you @SholaIB , 

Please think that this user don't know where to post in the right field. I am not sure  if It works with him telling him to RE-post again, because he is a new user.

Street View talks can be discussed here , and as I see from time to time a questions from other users. 

Additionally, the street View Photographers can also send a feedback from the GSV app itself, but it's not wrong sending a question here also .

Very Respectfully 

Osama Zaina
Connect Moderator

Very true @OSAMA_ 

Well let's wait for feedback from the user now. We are all about the same thing, we love connect our global village ! Thank you for your kind and respectful reply,much appreciated.

Cheers 

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Thanks for raising the issue about posting in the right place, @OSAMA_ . I have responded in there , providing the instructions to perform the change of the Topic.

This action cannot be made by a Connect Moderator. We are volunteers Local Guides, and the change of the topic require the capability to edit a post. Only the Googlers have access to this feature.

So what to do in case this happen (wrong topic?). My tips are

• Inform the Local Guides and provide the instruction for performing the edit
  • Inform a Googler. This can be made by tagging a Googler in the post, or by reporting the post

ermest_0-1658307117142.png

I normally follow both steps, because in this way:

• I try to educate the Local Guide about the better place to post
  • I inform Google that an action is needed

However, in the same post I try also to address the question of the Local Guide, in this way I avoid to highlight what for many seem to be an "over-criticism" or an excess of Moderation, as it can be frustrating for a new Local Guide that is trying to raise an issue with us.

Of course every suggestion about how to better engage a Local Guide about that is indeed welcome

Ermes

Level 9

Thank you

@ErmesT 

@SholaIB 

We will always try to do our best and cooperate to help others and new users..

Very Respectfully 

Osama Zaina
Connect Moderator

You are welcome @OSAMA_ 

Thank you for comprehensive response @ErmesT . All the points mentioned in your post are of great interest. Always happy to help if possible.

Cheers

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Hi @OSAMA_

No wonder many new Connect users are confused about the structure here on Connect. It is not intuitive nor logical that request for support and help can not be posted in what is called "Help desk". I hope the structure will be improved asap.

As @ErmesT mentioned, I'm also very concerned about telling new users that they posted in the wrong section when the structure is so badly designed. So I almost stopoed critisize users for posting on the wrong section. In stead I just notify the Google Moderators via the Report inappropriate content link so they can make the needed move. I think it is working okay, not perfectly, but okay.

Cheers 

Morten