TragicMistake's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Problem With Photo Uploads Pending/Gone

Hi there I apologize in advance if this has been covered I tried going through the boards but with all the changes recently I gave up. My question is this when I go into look at my reviews most of the photos say that the upload is "Pending" but it has said that for months now and I keep reporting it and still nothing. Also I'm not quite sure if I've lost photo points because again with all the changes I don't know what's going on these days with maps so I just keep doing my thing and hoping it fixes itself which it doesn't. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

1000005681.jpg

4 comments
Level 6

Re: Problem With Photo Uploads Pending/Gone

Hello @TragicMistake,

Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

When it says "Your upload is pending," that could mean one of two things: it's currently under review or it isn't published because it isn't within Google's media guidelines. In my opinion, it's the latter because of how long it has been.

Of the 232 photos you've posted, only 138 are visible. Looking at your photos, you occasionally attach the same or near-identical photo multiple times, heavily edited photos, business cards, and images that aren't of the location, all of which isn't recommended. Perhaps some of the pending photos are one of the things I previously mentioned, which is why they're still pending.

You should check if the pending photos are within these guidelines. A few tips are to make sure the photos aren't heavily edited, such as by adding text, and that they're pictures of the location that you have taken yourself.

Regards,

Ethan 

Level 10

Ynt: Problem With Photo Uploads Pending/Gone

Hello @TragicMistake , from which country are you trying to upload your photos?

Level 7

Acually, it's not that I'm "trying" to upload the photos it's photos that I have already uploaded and then maybe have added photos to a review or edited the review to update it have suddenly been sitting there pending which is pretty ridiculous to me. The fact that stores that I took gorgeous photos of inside and out have completely just *poof* disappeared is 150% disturbing and to answer your question I am in the US in California specifically.

Level 6

Hello @TragicMistake,

Can you provide some of the pending photos so we can see what may be the issue with them? Also, are the photos only going into pending status when they're attached to a review, or can they be posted without the review?