AriMar's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Editor

Friday Favorites: winter in Rio Grande, beautiful shops in Nairobi, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week, winter in Rio Grande, beautiful shops in Nairobi, and more.  

@IrrPavlova: This week, I found Best Local Souvenir & Fashion Shops in Nairobito be an extremely visually pleasing post. African traditional clothing materials, colors, and overall culture have been a massive inspiration for so many artists. Turning flip-flop pollution into art and functional products, hand crafted ceramic beads, and home goods was fascinating to see. The products featured seem to be made with care and for the pleasure of giving something that shows off cultural heritage and brings happiness. @WaweruM really brought some authentic bloom to markets in Nairobi in this post.

Caption: A photo of Maasai Market in Nairobi, Kenya filled with colorful garments. (Local Guide @WaweruM)Caption: A photo of Maasai Market in Nairobi, Kenya filled with colorful garments. (Local Guide @WaweruM)

@AngieYC: This post “Amazing cities: 🇩🇪 Munichreally caught my attention. Personally, I haven’t traveled much around Europe. However, after reading this post, I realized that you can actually explore a city in just three days and have a great time! I really find this post helpful because it summarizes everything you need to do when you are travelling to Munich. Thanks to @ValeriaAumasque, this German city will be my next weekend holiday destination!

Caption: A photo of a Rio Grande beach covered in snow. (Local Guide @FaridMonti)Caption: A photo of a Rio Grande beach covered in snow. (Local Guide @FaridMonti)

@NadyaPN: Extensive ocean landscapes, lots of sunlight, and ice is what @FaridMonti shares in his post “Winter in Rio Grande. He lives almost on the exact opposite side of the world from where I am, but he was able to take me there in this post. I almost felt the breeze and the sun on my skin. In Bulgaria, we're starting to feel summer is ending, but in Argentina winter is in full swing. That's what I love about Connect: everyone is able to see the world through someone else’s eyes and teleport to a far away place with the click of a mouse.

@KlaudiyaG: This Friday I want to share with you all a great festival that was shared by our fellow Local Guide @INGA1 called “Времена и Епохи,” which translates to “Time and Еpochs.” This year's festival covers the history of the Iron Age until the Second World War and was celebrated for 12 days, which I personally find pretty amazing. The entire event was brilliantly illustrated by Inga, so make sure to check the album that she happily shared with the community.

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

14 comments
Level 9

Re: Friday Favorites: winter in Rio Grande, beautiful shops in Nairobi, and more

thanks for sharing this great posts  @AriMar 🙂

congrats @FaridTDF @helga19  @WaweruM  & @ValeriaA_  😉

Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: winter in Rio Grande, beautiful shops in Nairobi, and more

Thank you @AriMar

High five to Argentina, today, with the interesting photos and stories of Tierra del fuego in Winter, by @FaridTDF, a detail of the European trip of @ValeriaA_. (I am expecting more details soon).

I love the colours of your shopping, @WaweruM, great.

In the time machine with @helga19, a wonderful Local Guide that I will meet soon.

Congratulations

Level 9

Another great post ,thank you for sharing @AriMar
Connect Moderator

Leer este post con música de Vangelis de fondo me es muy grato @ErmesT, gracias, @AriMar, por compartir este resumen tan polifacético, esto demuestra claramente como si existe el sitio adecuado los mejores trabajos de los Local Guides del mundo salen a flote y mas aun con la nueva interface de Connect, donde el contenido de calidad como el de @helga19@WaweruM y el @ValeriaA_, destaca.

Saludos Farid

🤚👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Connect Moderator

Vangelis me encanta @FaridTDF, y también me encanta su respuesta.

El contenido de calidad destaca siempre, en el viejo y en el nuevo, todavía en el nuevo destaca más. Y me gusta poderlo leer

Connect Moderator

Jajaja tienes razón @ErmesT, me expresé mal, ahora destaca en forma superlativa el contenido de calidad, antes también destacaba. Gracias por la corrección.

👍 Farid

Level 9

Thank you @AriMar for sharing your shopping experiences 

Level 10

Thank you guys week eagle eye look connect all post and friFri share with us some unique and informative post . @AriMar @NadyaPN @KlaudiyaG

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Thanks for sharing these posts with us @AriMar!

@AngieYC I'm glad that you liked my post about Munich. It is a very beautiful city, I'm very happy that you are planning to visit it in the near future 🙂

@OSAMA good catch! Thanks for tagging me here 🙂

Best wishes

Valeria

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG