GeorgesHR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Friday Favorites: a nostalgic meal, a great reason to visit Prague, and more

Every Friday, Googlers round up some of their favorite posts that they came across during the week to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. This week a beach in Prague, a nostalgic meal, and more.

@JavieraAu: Looking through this week posts I was pleasantly surprised to find a Local Guide who enjoy exploring new places the same way as I do. @Anthony_LG’s post “Off the beaten path in London” takes me back to London, but not the touristy side of the city, which is crowded with people, but to the one were you can feel, taste and smell the diversity of this metropolis. It is always a pleasure to explore different places like a local and to get to know the city from that perspective. “When you are in Rome, do as the Romans do” is a saying I like to live by.

A photo of Taiwanese Gua Bao (刈包) served in a paper tray on top of bamboo steamers. (Local Guide @Anthony_LG)A photo of Taiwanese Gua Bao (刈包) served in a paper tray on top of bamboo steamers. (Local Guide @Anthony_LG)

@GeorgesHR: Interested in taking a trip to Prague? You’ll be even more excited to go when you see @CaptainHook`s post “Where to pass the hot days when you have to stay in the city?” Apart from beautiful architecture and cozy streets, Prague’s beach and sport resort called Žluté lázně is a beautiful reason to visit. According to @CaptainHook, the translation of the beach is “yellow spa.” “It offers places to sunbath, to swim, to eat, to sit with friends over a beer or to do many different sports (in the water or outside),” he wrote. Are you ready to book your trip?

A photo of dragon boats at Žluté lázně in Prague, Czech Republic. (Local Guide @CaptainHook)A photo of dragon boats at Žluté lázně in Prague, Czech Republic. (Local Guide @CaptainHook)

@MashaPS: This week the post that touched me most was @JenneferB’s “Finding A Home Away From Home: A bowl of noodles.” It shows us how a simple dish of soup can get you back to your childhood and bring back great memories. I think you will all agree that there are certain tastes and smells that bring us back somewhere or to someone. This post is not just about @JenneferB’s nostalgic thoughts of missing home, but it is also rather informative. It’s especially great for people who love to learn about food and see some great photos, too!

A photo of a bowl of Yen Ta Fo, a pink noodle dish. (Local Guide @JenniferB)A photo of a bowl of Yen Ta Fo, a pink noodle dish. (Local Guide @JenniferB)

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here.

Please consider reading this post before sending me a Private Message - Private Messages and Google Moderators
7 comments
Level 8

Re: Friday Favorites: a nostalgic meal, a great reason to visit Prague, and more

Thanks @GeorgesHR for share with us.

Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: a nostalgic meal, a great reason to visit Prague, and more

Those bao buns from @Anthony_LG's post have me drooling! 

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 7

Hello @GeorgesHR, thank you for the feature! I agree with you--when I visit a new city or country, I also like to explore the more hidden places in addition to the more "sightseeing" or "touristy" places. Usually, I try to find a local to point me to these hidden spots, or if I happen to have a friend in that city, I bug them to take me out 😁

Loved the rest of your post, and I find this "Friday Favorites" series an awesome idea! 

@SP31 oh man, they were so good that we decided to actually make it ourselves again at home to try to replicate it... I think we did pretty okay 😄

Finished product!Finished product!

The "Bao" part of the Gua Bao ;)The "Bao" part of the Gua Bao 😉

Connect Moderator

@Anthony_LG wrote:

Hello @GeorgesHR, thank you for the feature! I agree with you--when I visit a new city or country, I also like to explore the more hidden places in addition to the more "sightseeing" or "touristy" places. Usually, I try to find a local to point me to these hidden spots, or if I happen to have a friend in that city, I bug them to take me out 😁

Loved the rest of your post, and I find this "Friday Favorites" series an awesome idea! 

@SP31 oh man, they were so good that we decided to actually make it ourselves again at home to try to replicate it... I think we did pretty okay 😄

Finished product!Finished product!

The "Bao" part of the Gua Bao ;)The "Bao" part of the Gua Bao 😉

@Anthony_LG looks delicious to me! 😍 I'd say a great job indeed haha. Now I'm tempted and inspired to give it a go!

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 8

Thank you @GeorgesHR for sharing this post and to @MashaPS for the mention! Food is the best for remembering fond memories. The smells, the tastes, the moments during that special meal. *sigh* Can't wait to travel back to Thailand someday very soon!

Level 9

Looks delicious food, hope you enjoyed the food, thank you @GeorgesHR for sharing with us

Level 6

Gua Bao...What is the white?

ChristineBrandon