Ivi_Ge's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Moderator

Friday Favorites: a colorful walkway, a mango-shaped island, and more

Every Friday, Google Moderators highlight the best posts they found to celebrate the amazing discoveries Local Guides like you are sharing on Connect. These are posts detailing past experiences that we hope will serve as entertainment and inspiration for your future bucket list. This week, a colorful walkway, a mango-shaped island, and more.

Caption: A photo of a colorful multi-level walkway in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (Local Guide @StephenAbraham)Caption: A photo of a colorful multi-level walkway in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. (Local Guide @StephenAbraham)

@InaSMy favorite post for this week is “Malaysia's version of Lombard Street - for Wheelchairs!” by @StephenAbraham, who tells us about an unexpected discovery he made in the heart of Kuala Lumpur. It is a unique multi-level walkway, designed with accessibility in mind and leading to Jalan Alor Art Street. The area is famous for its changing, vibrant street art and now resembles a green forest. The many turns of the walkway reminded Stephen of Lombard Street in San Francisco. Can you spot the similarities, too? 

Accessibility enthusiasts, don’t miss his post, and you might also want to see examples of accessibility in other countries from @HiroyukiTakisawa’s #monthlytopic for March.

Caption: A photo of a person holding a snowboard and looking at the snowy peaks of Pirin Mountain, Bulgaria. (Local Guide @travelwithcarlo)Caption: A photo of a person holding a snowboard and looking at the snowy peaks of Pirin Mountain, Bulgaria. (Local Guide @travelwithcarlo)

@Ivi_Ge: Winter came late to Bulgaria, and there is still snow in some regions, although it’s already April. That’s why, this week, I decided to highlight the story “bansko | diaries of a digital nomad in bulgaria's adventure capital” by @travelwithcarlo. In it, you will learn about one little but bustling town at the foot of Pirin Mountain, Bansko. Bansko is a ski resort and an attractive destination for many. The Local Guide has shared helpful information about his stay: local health regulations, accommodation, must-see things in the area, and more. If you are looking for some bucket list inspiration, read his post.

Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Yannick_Nick_King sitting on a motorbike and holding a smartphone with the Google Maps app open on the screen. (Local Guide @Yannick_Nick_King)Caption: A photo of Local Guide @Yannick_Nick_King sitting on a motorbike and holding a smartphone with the Google Maps app open on the screen. (Local Guide @Yannick_Nick_King)

@KlaudiyaG: Local Guide @Yannick_S wanted a break from the city and traffic jam, so he sought adventure and relaxation in rural Kavumu in the Democratic Republic of the Congo. In his post, “Une Découverte et Une pause à KAVUMU, ÇA FAIT DU GRAND BIEN | Sur la route nationale N°2 en RD Congo,” he shows us the natural beauty of the place while taking us down the village streets and telling us about the life of the locals. Yannick also made it his mission to add new photos and videos on Maps to keep the information updated. Find out more about his day in his post.

Caption: A photo of a tiled path running between green bushes and tall palm trees. (Local Guide @Smita_Patil)Caption: A photo of a tiled path running between green bushes and tall palm trees. (Local Guide @Smita_Patil)

@BorrisS: Back in 2020, after travel restrictions in India were lifted, Local Guide @Smita_Patil decided to visit a friend who lives on Mavinkurve Island. She tells us all about her trip in the post “Mavinkurve: an untouched Paradise Of Karnataka, India,” which is full of amazing photos of nature, food, and red sunsets. An interesting fact about the island is that it takes its name from its shape. According to Smita, it resembles a mango, which is what Mavinkurve means in the Kannada language! Her post is a real treat, so if you are a nature lover, make sure to check it out. 

Tell us about some of the best posts you've read on Connect lately and be sure to keep an eye out next week to see if one of your posts is selected for Friday Favorites! You can check out last week’s Friday Favorites here

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

21 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Friday Favorites: a colorful walkway, a mango-shaped island, and more

I love the accessible path on the first by @StephenAbraham that looks colorful and cheerful.  You deserve it!

Thanks @Ivi_Ge for this exclusive Friday selection. Congratulations to all whose articles being featured this week @travelwithcarlo @Yannick_S and @Smita_Patil wonderful job and you all have a great weekend ahead!

Connect Moderator

Hi, @Ivi_Ge 
I hope you are doing well. Thank you for introducing awesome posts (and my #monthlytopic). They are beautiful😊 Especially, @StephenAbraham 's post was interesting for me. Thanks!

Connect Moderator

The wheelchair accessible ramp is really attractive and I've never seen before @StephenAbraham

Thank you dear LG friends for sharing great posts with @travelwithcarlo @Yannick_Nick_King and @Smita_Patil . 

Thanks @Ivi_Ge for sharing this post with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Congratulations to all LGs...💐💐💐

Photographer & Trekker
#LocalGuideOfIndia

My Insta
My WhatsApp Channel
Level 9

Congrats my friend @Smita_Patil 

Your post on Mavinkurve is absolutely beautiful. I love how you showcased the beauty of nature with photos in combination with your informative writing. Keep up the good work.

As always an amazing post by @StephenAbraham Sir on an important topic, yet presented very uniquely.

Thank you @Ivi_Ge for sharing this

Connect Moderator

Nice selection of posts @Ivi_Ge !

Congratulations to @StephenAbraham @travelwithcarlo @Yannick_S @Smita_Patil for being featured

That  Accesible version of Lombard Street is amazing, I once experienced something similar in a museum, it was an activity to raise awarness about accesible places. 

Level 8

Thanks @Ivi_Ge for sharing such amazing posts on Friday favorite. It is really amazing.

Stay safe and happy.

Have a great year ahead!

Level 8

Thank you so much @Ivi_Ge for this post. It is surprising as well as encouraging. 

The walkway from @StephenAbraham's post is very unique which I have not seen before. 

The snow capped mountain's picture by @travelwithcarlo is also very pleasent. 

Level 10

@Ivi_Ge Thanks for the kind mention. And thanks for sharing so many interesting posts this week too.