StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Malaysia's version of Lombard Street - for Wheelchairs!

20210327_160844.jpg20210327_160844.jpg

When I first saw this place for the very first time in the heart of Kuala Lumpur, I went like "hmmm, that's a unique attraction". 

It seemed like the longest time, and finally all the tight limited movement control in Malaysia (for the 3rd time) just got relaxed, and just in time before I got permanent emotional damage from all the solitary time in my room. So, it was time to flex my muscles and go out to explore. Funnily I have not seen this place before, and when I saw it for the first time, the first memory that came to me was Lombard Street (https://goo.gl/maps/Zms1ashiMLJK9KDo7) in San Francisco, possibly the most crooked street in the world.

[Picture below] This very unique multi level walkway ramp is a connection to the Jalan Alor Art Street in heart of Bukit Bintang of Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia (https://goo.gl/maps/M9UreEsc4SKWSoka6 ). It's a place where street artist continually paint and update street art around shop walls. I have not been there before, since it's not something really old and I have not been to get out much over the last 1 year. 

[Picture below] The location is apparently a covered old stream around Kuala Lumpur area, now of course covered and paved and one of the most expensive and sought after land places in Kuala Lumpur, around the Bukit Bintang business district. 

[Picture below] Coming through the multi level ramps, one is transported into a virtual forest of greens and trees, like walking into a secret place, looking for the secret stream.

[Picture below] I wonder if a wheelchair user could actually easily and safely traverse this path. It's not very steep, but there are no guard rails between the different levels. 

Does anyone have local places like these to share? Reply in comments below. And if you have been here before, share your experiences also.

[Picture below] Which brings me back to memories of Lombard Street in San Francisco USA. For those of ourselves who have not been there, it's one of the most unique streets I have seen. (https://goo.gl/maps/Zms1ashiMLJK9KDo7) .

Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
15 comments
Level 10

Re: Malaysia's version of Lombard Street - for Wheelchairs!

Whenever I remember San Francisco, I always remember @KarenVChin and @AdrianLunsong and many others for all the wonderful times spent together. 

See, I found another new secret place near me I didn't know about earlier. 😁

Level 8

Wow! @StephenAbraham thanks for sharing such nice article with all of us.

I have never seen such multilevel ramps in my city. It is very new to me.

Aa you said, I also agree that Such multilevel ramp will be a little bit difficult for wheelchair to move without someone's help.

Stay safe and happy.

Have a great year ahead!

Level 8

Great ... thanks for sharing, will he visiting soon.

Syed Nabeel Hassan Tirmazi
Level 9

Was that a ramp to test whellchair's suspension, @StephenAbraham ? Must be awesome!

Former Google Contributor

Well, that's a very unique and artsy wheelchair ramp. I love how colorful everything is. It makes you feel like you are in an urban jungle. Are such ramps easy to locate in Malaysia. Thank you for the lovely share, @StephenAbraham! 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 3

Это прекрасно

Level 9

What I love most about this post is you happy smile and beautiful eyes. I think you Organize the best Virtual Tours in this community and you making a Post about one is exceptional. 

Now, talking About Crooked Streets, have you ever been to Lagos? 😏🚶‍♀️🚶‍♀️

@StephenAbraham 

This is very beautiful and I agree with Klaudia on this

Connect Moderator

Looks very unique wheelchair accessible ramp. Thanks for sharing with us @StephenAbraham 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Waahh @StephenAbraham -- access to Jalan Alor Art Street is definitely for EVERYONE -- wheelchairs, walkers, and strollers (prams).

How nice to see KL is making all their streets accessible for everyone!

Cheers,

Karen