Re: Exploring the territory of 1st World War - Passo San Boldo

You are welcome @Julien44

as you can see, exploring Google Maps:

From the subject of this post: Passo san Boldo

you can move down to the Austro-Hungarian cemetery of the WW1

South to Moriago della Battaglia

Then east to Sernaglia della Battaglia

South to Nervesa della Battaglia

then, following the Piave river downstream, you will reach Fagarè della Battaglia

A territory full of monuments, that was the main theater of the end of the war, one century ago.

You can find a lot of photo in here: exploring the territory of 1st World War

Level 10

Thanks @ErmesT for showing me all these villages. I have found on that called my attention. It is Santa Maria della Vittoria. Do you why it is called della vittoria? Is it related also to the 1st world war?

Have a good day

Jul

Connect Moderator

Yes of course, @Julien44.

All the territory have been deeply impacted by that moment, that after a Century still remembered by hundreds of small monuments.

I believe that in your area you can say the same about WW2

Level 10

Level 10

This post reminded me of my village not because of world war 1 but because of scenic beauty @ErmesT. While coming to an end of the post I am pleased to have your thought which I was feeling with the pictures above.

The idea is not to talk about the war, but about the beauty instead.

The mother nature is immensely beautiful. Thank you so much for exploring and sharing a part of mother nature from there.

Connect Moderator

Thank you for your words, @BishowvijayaP

Well, in my mind the beauty is the only real opposition to the war. The nature will always take place, gaining her role again, even after a devastating war so, I want to talk about the beauty, in the great panoramas and in the small details.

You are living in a wonderful country, that I appreciate more, day by day, reading your post, or this wonderful one written by @NirajBhusal

So I am deligted to show you something more of my country. Our mountains are not so majestic like yours, but I would love to know your thought.

Ermes