ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Dolomites - a room with a view

Really, more than one.

There are several way to think, to talk, about Dolomites. If you ask to different people, you will get very different answer.

Skiing, will be the response of sportsmen, that in the winter moves to Dolomites to use the wonderful ski slopes that you can find in the area. Their sight is predominantly white, punctuated by the bright colors of the ski suits.

Climbing, will probably tell you @LucioV, that just yesterday posted a breathtaking view of the "Tre cime di Lavaredo" taken with his drone. Grey rocks and blue sky, in a view of vertical slopes. Thake a minutes to check his post, it's worth it.

Walking and relaxing, is my view, 1500 meters below the "Tre cime di Lavaredo" showed by Lucio. For relaxing, my choice is Costalissoio, a very small village at 1250 meters above sea level, with a beautiful wood, in which you can walk, up to 2000 meters.

Caption: a palette of geraniums for painting the beauty of the Alps is welcoming you at the entrance of the villageCaption: a palette of geraniums for painting the beauty of the Alps is welcoming you at the entrance of the village

After crossing the village, you reach the wood. Just before the path, a picnic table is welcoming you, letting you know that you can have a rest in there, when coming back.

Translation: it was among those lights, shadows and colors, between woods and streams, and the Piave (river), child as I was, that I began to take consciousness of love for the original nature, in which it is the source of all poetryTranslation: it was among those lights, shadows and colors, between woods and streams, and the Piave (river), child as I was, that I began to take consciousness of love for the original nature, in which it is the source of all poetry

Before entering the wood, look around, to see the colours. Green, green, and purple, and more green.

Purple is the colour of the flowers, with the bees flying around, searching for the nectars.

Caption: Himalayan balsam (Impatiens glandulifera) an amazing flower with a bee entering insideCaption: Himalayan balsam (Impatiens glandulifera) an amazing flower with a bee entering inside

Now you can enter in the woods, and the color around you is brown now, wood and grass. You can smell it, in there. Then, you can see some sparkling yellow, in the grass.

Caption: a cantharellus cibarius in the grassCaption: a cantharellus cibarius in the grass

You can walk for hours, looking for mushrooms and flowers, or simply walking for the pleasure of doing it, for feeling your eyes of nature, threes, mountains, panoramas.

There is a lot to see, here is the album of the photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/WFEzHfJPdhB34iDe8

But the best surprise is the one that we had when leaving the village. A room with a view, and the room is all around you.

Caption: enjoying the view through a window in the meadowCaption: enjoying the view through a window in the meadow

Thank you for reading.

What is your way for relaxing? Please share some story, or some photo in here. I am sure that at least @KarenVChin and @FaridTDF have one. and you? Which is your room with a view?

Ermes

32 comments
Level 10

Re: Dolomites - a room with a view

Hi @ErmesT

Very beautiful photos and very good to share about hill top village.

Thanks.

Vijay Desai.

Connect Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @ErmesT

Thanks for sharing great post That,s a great picnic place beautiful photography

Level 10

@ErmesT as you know the first time I saw only the photo of the view with the window, and my thought was: "Well, a great view, I love the Popera group and Candide", then I realized 🙂

I've been in Costalissoio many, many years ago, and I can remember was far from being a touristic and welcoming place!

Now the things seems to be changed! Thanks for sharing this wonderful place!

And thanks for your words about my aerials pano!

Lucio

Connect Moderator

Hey, your Pano is definitely great, Lucio.

Costalissoio still be a not touristic place. In a day on the woods, rarely I meet someone. Sometimes you can meet a local, and spend some minutes chatting about the weather, the life and everything.

It is more welcoming now, and the people seem to be happy to meet someone coming from a different place.

Sometimes they also gave me indication about where to find some beautiful mushroomCaption: Boletus Edulis, the king of the woodsCaption: Boletus Edulis, the king of the woods

Level 10

আমার অনুভুতি " আহ! আমি যদি ওখানে জেতে পারতাম " @ErmesT 

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

Why not @MahabubMunna, why not?

I believe that @SoniaK would be happy to come with you, why not together with @KarenVChin and @FaridTDF?

@helga19 and @DeniGu are just telling me that they love nature and flowers, so I want to invite them too 🙂

Google Moderator

Hey @ermest,

Thanks for another relaxed stroll in the Italian nature, accompanied by these beautiful photos. ?

And thank you for the invitation to share my room with a view! Well, it's more of a balcony with a view.

Me enjoying the view on the Belogradchik rocks (Belogradchik, Bulgaria)Me enjoying the view on the Belogradchik rocks (Belogradchik, Bulgaria)

This is a rock formation, known as the Belogradchik rocks, with Belogradchik being the name of the nearby town. There used to be an old fortress there, used from Roman times until the late 19th century.

Just like you, I also like flowers, but my most favourite is the sunflower - which makes late summer one of my most favourite times of the year! 

Sunflowers!Sunflowers!

Can't keep away from themCan't keep away from themDo you have a favourite flower?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Connect Moderator

Yup, most a balcony, I agree @DeniGu. Well, you have a great way for escaping from the stress, I like it.

You should find the time for writing about about the Roman fortress.

This is another thing that I love, the walled cities that I can find in my area (I will share something to you later).

Sunflowers, of course. An amazing view!!

Caption: Sunflowers in Central Italy - Photo @ermestCaption: Sunflowers in Central Italy - Photo @ermest