YasumiKikuchi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[CL2018 RECAP] As a "Local Guide" I review Connect Live 2018

CIMG0090_R.JPG

As you are already recapitulated, Connect Live 2018 was such a wonderful party that words could not be found!

So I tried to review the entire part of the party as a "Local Guide"

IMG_0480_R.JPG

#1, Strong security

Of course, I can not write in detail. But I appreciate that the security during the period was strong.

At the entrance of the hotel chosen as a venue, It was a structure that guerrillas and cars cannot attack. Also, can not snipe from the outdoors. The entrance reception staff was able to easily monitor the enemy's rush. In addition, the back door was released beforehand in order to escape in case of emergency. It is San Francisco where gun control is severe, but we were protected as an important person.

IMG_0571_R.JPG

#2, The schedule is consideration of the invited person's fatigue

The airplane mark at the entrance greeted us cute. But this true meaning is "I know you are tired from taking an airplane."

CIMG0001 4_R.JPG

The party on the first day ended early and the free lounge which imaged the forest was released. It seemed to be a manifestation of intention that "participants are not bound by time".

IMG_0535_R.JPG

Furthermore, the number of times the staff indicated something was only 2 times! (group photo and tomorrow's schedule) We changed into ethnic costumes and enjoyed hugs freely.

IMG_0550_R.JPG

It was a crowded schedule. But tiredness was minimal. Because 100 excellent Connect Live staff adopted precise calculation for time allocation. They were calculating our degree of fatigue!

CIMG0088 1 (2018-10-17T07_51_20.000)_R.JPG

Session in the room next to breakfast. It gathers lazily at breakfast time and gradually increases the concentration to the session. That is, breakfast time itself is meeting time. No matter how overslept you are, you can not be late.

CIMG0117 2 (2018-10-17T09_22_20.000)_R.JPG

Sessions were separated by 30 minutes. It is very easy to maintain concentration.

IMG_0529_R.JPG

There is a two-hour break just before the evening party. This is a time to change clothes to an evening dress or to rest your body, but it is a system that can cope even if the schedule is delayed significantly.

#3, We are a creativity group!

It is demonstrated psychologically that creativity increases when returning to a child's heart. The party venue was just like a child park.

IMG_0502_R.JPG

Treasure hunt and game searching for local guides logo items. The local guide marks we can publish are limited to gifts from Google. We will search for it at the venue. It's a treasure hunt!

CIMG0006 4_R.JPGCIMG0315_R.JPGCIMG0276_R.JPG
Free Lounge is full of play elements which return to kids with the campground themed subject.
Ring throwing game, juggling, Frisbee!

CIMG0274_R.JPGCIMG0305 (2018-10-17T20_35_31.000)_R.JPG(©2018 Google)(©2018 Google)
A lot of local guide photo studio which reproduced Selfie service installed in the sightseeing spot was installed. Since we are a local guide, we need to be able to operate these machines easily. It was fun!

CIMG0113_R.JPG
#4, Consideration of all the food culture, and meals of the famous American food

It will be very important. Participants have different food cultures all over the world. And most of the theme of our local guide is "food".

CIMG0193 2_R.JPG

I learned a lot from vegetarian, vegan, and fruitarian and I also tried it. The meal provided by Google was the best taste for that tasting.

CIMG0145 3_R.JPG

America is also a cafe culture. Machines were installed in various places and we were able to drink free coffee at any time including session.

IMG_0545_R.JPG

I noticed a lot more than this, but omit it. What I want to say is that 100 excellent staff are the best meet-up organizers and we have learned a lot!

CIMG0219_R.JPG

Again, Thank you Googler, thank you Connect Live Staff!!

#Let's introduce your Japan with #DeepJapan hashtag. You will discover Japanese background stories.
#Let's try your native language conversation with Google Translate #UseNativeLanguage
#Enrich Google Maps with Cycling information #Bike
#lit.link/yasumikikuchi #Guiding Star 2022 Inclusive Mapper

17 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [CL2018 RECAP] As a "local guide" I review Connect Live 2018

Hi @YasumiKikuchi

This is one of the most interesting Recap of Connect Live that I have read. Your attention to the details of the organisation is definitely impressive. I wasn't paying attention to some of the things that you are highlighting here, and I definitely want to agree with you about organisation and safety.

It was a great pleasure to meet you, an experience that I hope to repeat next year

Level 10

ah ah @YasumiKikuchi!

Love the part of security...yes... we were Vips, more than Vips.... we were treated like Presidents!

Thanks my friend for your great recap! 

Have a good day, 

David

Connect Moderator

No hay duda que todos somos muy diferentes en lo que nos llama la atención y lo que damos por sentado @YasumiKikuchi, tus detalle son muy interesantes y atinados, yo di por sentada la seguridad, en realidad paso desapercibida para mi, eso significa desde mi punto de vista que es eficiente, ya que en ningún momento en el hotel me sentí observado u objetado por estar allí, apenas me registre fui un pasajero más como me ocurrió también en el hotel en que estuve los días anteriores y posteriores al CL18, en general en SF, me sentí muy seguro y libre de caminar sin ningún tipo de acoso o lo que sea por algún servicio de seguridad, lo que destacó ya que mi preconcepto que tenía de EEUU, era de un lugar ultra vigilante y molesto con esto, no puedo decir que me sentí mal, al contrario, tengo que retractarme mentalmente de lo que pensaba al respecto, es más en un viaje en el Muní charle con el chofer que fue extremadamente amable con migo.

Yasumi, fue un gran gusto el poder conocerlo, sentir toda su amabilidad para con migo, gracias. espero poder verlo nuevamente.

2AAF2873-412E-40F3-A84E-86520BB1A1B7.jpeg

Saludos Farid

Level 10

WOW

It's amazing to see again our meeting in San Francisco in the occasion #Google #LocalGuidesConnect2018

Thanks !!!

Jonas Laurince

Level 7

What's great recap

So precise and straightforward and with connecting images (photos)

@YasumiKikuchi you have done a great job, summarizing the whole event well

Cheers

Micheal Magbagbeola

Nigeria

Connect Moderator

@YasumiKikuchiさん

とてもきれいな写真とRecapを共有していただきありがとうございます:-)

会場で出されていた珈琲は基本的に飲みやすいもので、私はとても助かりました。それと2日目にあったマフィンが美味しくて、よく合っていました。

Level 10

@YasumiKikuchi well recap! 

I've to admit that you've more sense to catching up!

Keep rocking   

Connect Moderator

That was one of the best review I enjoyed about CL 2018 in last whole month. Thank you so much that you let us feel like we are there.

Thank you @YasumiKikuchi

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Former Google Contributor

Hi @YasumiKikuchi,

This looks amazing! Thank you for sharing the recap with us!

The diversity of the Connect Live 2018 event and of course the free lounge area would be my favorites:)

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!