davidhyno's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Local Guides makes we rich?

I often read (virtually a similar post every day) of people who thinks that participating in Google Local Guides guarantees an economic compensation, or prizes or let us automatically become Google employees!

As often mentioned in this forum by moderators, anyone who participates in Google Local Guides does not automatically become a Google Inc. employee!
Here we are all volunteers, and we will never become employees of Google Inc.

Therefore, we will never officially wear T-shirts or other clothing that would identify Google as our employer, nor even show (with an ad hoc id card for example with Google logos) or say that we work for Google during our photo tours. It has been repeatedly stated that our service is purely voluntary and that we can not expect any economic contribution, if not small bonuses in services that Google's full discretion can give to those who have decided to participate.

Many of us then think and say:" but who does it?" Google takes a huge advantage: we update maps around the world practically free! And what comes to us in the pocket if not the ephemeral glory of getting higher and higher with a score that ultimately leads to no tangible result?

Well...participating in Google Local Guides it's not a job, it's not a prize competition, not a contest for the one who contributes more. You become part of a community, you help each other by suggesting places to visit or discover. New people are also known from every corner of this world. You can help people here in the forum for any need and you can find someone that cares about your questions. 

This is Google Local Guides's spirit with this program: to be part of a community with common interests, where the prize is nothing but the pleasure of sharing and learning.

If your interest is to earn money or earn more points so you have the right to a prize ... .... then here on the web there are other methods to achieve such results.

This post just wants to highlight once again - for newcomers and not - just the purpose of this program : a community that makes you rich...gives you endless wealth!

Have a good day dear friends!  🙂

davidhyno

13 comments
Level 10

Re: Local Guides makes we rich?

Thanks for sharing @davidhyno 🙂 I told @InnocensiaO this recently as well.

For Google Maps I will like to go along with Number 4 point which is this: and in addition as well if the benefit comes along of course yes I would accept it as well. We do it for love and as well the benefit that comes with it too. Selfless contributors who contribute solely for the benefit of others with no expectations.

For Local Guides Connect: Reason I contribute to Local Guides Connect is because I want to educate myself, learn from different local guides from various backgrounds with their diverse cultures. Expose the rich cultures of my country as well to many people all over the word. And be able to meet and make new Friends all over the world.

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR Thanks for sharing this post with me.

I couldn't have put it better @davidhyno, couldn't have said it better.

Connect Moderator

Your post is in my bookmarks right now, just ready for everyone that ask for prizes and money. So my next reply will be : "welcome in Connect, please read this post by @davidhyno

A clear explanation of how we feel for being Local Guides, part of this wonderful community, and proud to help, improving the informations in Maps.

Thanks

Ermes 

Level 10

Well said @ErmesT :). 

Connect Moderator

@HelloSamsonR

Is a WONDERFUL Post,

Is simply perfect as a MANIFESTO of Why we are Local Guides.

Like @InnocensiaO

said, i wouldn't be able to write this with better words 😊😊😊

Ermes 

Level 10

Worth reading your post @davidhyno but I must say WHAT A FANTASTIC TITLE OF YOUR POST.

Your post could be a solution of many questions. 

Thanks for sharing. 

Level 9

When friends inquire about being recompensed as a Google Local Guide, my favorite answers are (I) a truly fun hobby (ii) if one completes a puzzle for fun, one does not expect payment for it. Mostly, I just love that I'm contributing.

Level 10

I'm glad you enjoyed the post, so we can share the same spirit I have in participating in Google Local Guides. Only then can we continue to share best and quality contributions instead of just pointing to the quantity!

Have a good day,

davidhyno

Level 7

Thanks a por por those post. I just want to dad that some of us doesnt look por money but would be really gratify if the promos that we want like google drive store. Could be for free and for ever. Is not money but is a good price for one's that store all the pictures, videos, text, 360 all the items that we share. It's just my point of view. And we discuss this in my community.

Again thanks a lot for share.

Regards