Haseeb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] WW Photo walk - Karachi Event

Hello everyone 🙂

While writing my Connect Live 2018 Introduction post, I realised that I haven't posted the recap of my meetup during my visit to Karachi, Pakistan.
[RSVP] WW Photowalk Meetup - Karachi event. I was a in-line meetup with the title of WW photowalk, showcase the beauty of your city. Initiated by @AlejandraMaria

There was a total of 14 people who RSVP this event, But at last only 2 of us managed to reach there, myself & @Anonymous. I myself now quite use too with it, however it was a bit of shock for Swalay as he was expecting a grand gathering of over a dozen google map volunteers 🙂

It was a sunny afternoon & we reach at our meetup point Port Grand before 5pm.

A sign board of Port Grand under the bridgeA sign board of Port Grand under the bridge

Once we arrived at our meetup point we gets rejected by the authorities to enter the beautiful recreation centre of Port Grand, because they observe this place as a family & kids friendly place. Since we didn't had any female member attendee for our meetup, we got no choice but to cancel our initial plan of capturing the beautiful Port Grand.

There's another thing to be noticed for visitors who bringing the dslr or any other sort of professional cameras other than the hp camera, they were strictly not allowed to go in & take pictures (in our case was a Nikon P900 & A Xiomi 360 Camera)

Once we find out all these hurdles, we decided to head towards the famous beach road which is called 'sea view' in Karachi & we did shoot some nice photographs over there & uploaded directly to maps.

A photograph taken in Karachi, Pakistan - Nishan - e - PakistanA photograph taken in Karachi, Pakistan - Nishan - e - Pakistan

From there we had towards the newly developed phase 8 of Defence area & updated some street view photospheres & connected them for around 5 km area. Yes we was covering streets & updated on google maps using street view map. It was fun & different sort of experience as we have done it first time.

Screenshot of our streetview updated area :)Screenshot of our streetview updated area 🙂

We had our dinner together & ended our meetup around 8.30 pm 🙂

Would love to organize the next meetup with more proper planning, keeping in mind the ground scenarios in Karachi, Pakistan can be different from rest of the world. Hope to meet other Karachiates too in my next tour to Karachi.

Karachi, Pakistan
6 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] WW Photo walk - Karachi Event

HI @Haseeb!

A really nice recap. It´s like read a  novel 😉

You expected to be more, but just 2 arrived at the meeting point, you and  @Swalay.  We are used to small groups at meet-ups and 2 are more than enough for having a great time uploading photos.

Another problem you solved was that the authorities didn´t allowed you to enter at the recreation centre of Port Grand... You are a resolutive man and found a solution  :)))

I am very happy you had a really good time.

Congratulations!!!

Added to the [RECAP] World Wide Photo Walk Meet-Up  🙂

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Haseeb & @Anonymous bahi it was superb idea that you fond another option of sea view and DHA, street view photospheres & connected them for around 5 km area is big WAOOOOOW, would you like to share with us some 360 links or shared album please?

Regards 

Ata Ur Rehman 

Level 9

I tried all my but no doubt it was an amazing evening.

@Haseeb Bhai you did great.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Badruddeen @OSAMA @HelloSamsonR @Julien44 have a look at this beautiful WW PhotoWalk that held in Karachi, Pakistan 

Level 10

Hi @Haseeb,

Thanks for sharing your recap. I would also love to see some 360 pics.

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for tagging me 😉

Jul

Level 9

i like your way in writing bro @Haseeb :))

very nice WW Meetup :)))

keep it up 🙂