TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meet the Google Moderators

Googler

The Connect community is full of supportive Local Guides and informative posts that can help you get the answers you’re looking for. However, we know you’ll sometimes need someone from Google to respond to an issue you’re having. 

Caption: A graphic of a Google building with characters accompanied by the text "Google Moderators."Caption: A graphic of a Google building with characters accompanied by the text "Google Moderators."All Google moderators are easily identifiable by the “G” added to their profile photos and the “Google Moderator” title listed under their names. Currently, our Google Moderators are @AngieYC, @DeniGu, @Ivi_Ge, and @MoniDi.

You may see other Googlers on Connect, but the Google Moderators listed in this post should be who you contact should you need urgent assistance.

Google Moderators can help with challenges you may be experiencing, supporting Local Guides and Connect Moderators who need us most. Please keep in mind that it make take them some time to go through all of the posts that they’ve been tagged in. Tagging Google Moderators should be done only when something urgent is happening or when you need an official answer that you can’t find elsewhere. Do not tag them just because you want them to see your post.

Before posting a question, search the community. Your question may have already been answered. See a post that you think violates Local Guides Connect content policies? Don’t tag a Google Moderator. Instead, report it by clicking the three dots on the left side of the post and click Report Inappropriate Content.

You can get to Google Moderators a little better below!

Languages (apart from English):

• Angie: Bahasa Indonesia
  • Ivelina: Japanese

Google Moderators

@AngieYC (2018 - Present)
Angie joined Local Guides in July 2018. Chinese born in Indonesia, she is a proud Indonesian. She loves cooking Asian food, especially now when living abroad, and likes traveling and learning about the history of other countries.

@DeniGu (2018 - Present)

Deni joined Local Guides in July 2018. She was born and raised in one of the oldest inhabited cities in Europe - Plovdiv, Bulgaria. She enjoys exploring the little side streets and hidden places in any new location, as much as she enjoys reading.

@Ivi_Ge (2018 - Present)
Ivelina joined Local Guides in June 2018. Raised in Sofia, capital of Bulgaria and loves exploring new places. She started learning Japanese 10 years ago and really loves Japan and the Japanese culture. Her hobbies include traditional Bulgarian dance, petting cats and reading. 

@MoniDi (2024 - Present)
Moni re-joined Local Guides in March 2024. Born and living in Sofia, Bulgaria, she loves shopping and handicrafts. She spends her free time making hats, catching up on the latest fashion trends, and watching movies.

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
951 Comments
Level 10

can someone of the moderators connect with me because i have a list of spammers i want to report.

Join our Egypt Local Guides Community Egypt Local Guides
Level 7

Thank You Googlers

Anonymous
Not applicable

I demand an answer from you.   That was my original post and why did you remove it?  I can show you proof it is my original work!   @team_t  It was rude of KlaudiyaG.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I need an answer.   I can prove it is my original work and you have no reason to delete my post!  @team_t

Level 10

Hi @Anonymous sometimes post can be automatically moved to spam folder, but if this is an error, they are released by Google Moderators.

Anyway, if you want to tag a Google Moderator in your post you should add an @ in front of the name: @KlaudiyaG

Former Google Contributor

Hello again @Anonymous,

Plagiarism is a very serious issue and we take it very seriously here on Connect. Even though, the photo is really beautiful, I decided to remove it, because I found it published in here. We cannot know who has the rights of the photograph in question, so if you have proof that you own the copyrights of this picture, feel free to provided it. Until then, I'm not authorized to put it back on Connect.

Please note that I also merged your post with this one. In there you'll be able to meet all the Google Moderators that moderate Connect. Also, bear in mind that publishing duplicate posts across the entire platform is considered spamming. If you want to address a specific person, feel free to follow @LucioV's tip, which is writing @ before the name of the person that you want to reach. This way, he or she will receive a notification.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@KlaudiyaG  Thank you for your response and clarity.    That reddit post has a  sub-reddit that took my picture and posted it on another site.  I am aware of it, but did not know I would be screened here for plagarism.    I have never committed plagarism in my life.    I can provide the exif data along with the digital image license for this photo if you would like me to.  And, I also understand that you will not put the photo back up.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LucioV  Thank you 

Level 8
Spoiler

Hello Google,

Shamim Ahmed

Hi @ShamimAhmed,

When posting here on Connect, please do make sure your post is as descriptive as possible. This will help others better understand what exactly you are trying to share and also you'll receive replies more quickly. 🙂

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 9

Hello everyone my name is Ishant Gautam, a local guide from Himachal Pradesh, India. Today i was reading some comments about the term Moderators of Google.

I have many questions about it

Why Google need Moderators , what are the conditions to become a Google Moderator? Please share these information with me so that i can understand better.

@TraciC

Level 8

Hi,

Congratulations to you all.👋😀

Harpal

Hello again @IshantHP_ig

If you want to work for Google you can start here.

Local Guides can become Connect moderators. Some info from this article:

Interested in becoming a moderator for Local Guides Connect? Here’s what we’re looking for:

• Local Guides Level 5+ who actively contribute to Google Maps and Local Guides Connect
  • Friendly and respectful community members who help keep Connect a warm, welcoming and informative place with their knowledge, accuracy and tone

There is no application or nomination process. Keep contributing and engaging with your fellow Local Guides and the Local Guides team will be in touch if you are selected.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Wow!

So, Google Connect has only (sic!) 29 Google Moderators and all of them have joined Local Guides in 2018, some of them in the last three or four months! This is more than frustrating, 'cause we all understand that this honorary title can be obtained IF you have a lot of contributions, presence, initiatives and so on - I'm here for more than two years, I am level ten Local Guide with more than two hundred and twenty thousands points, almost forty thousands photos added (more than 23 millions views) and etc.

I do all I do here (and I'll continue with some tenacious efforts!) with passion for geography and photography, as an excellent opportunity to discover new places, new values, new people, new ways to be connected with some incredible travelers, women and men! And, for all these, I have to thank to Google Maps/Google Connect each day of (the rest of) my life, no doubt!

For sure I have strong reasons to believe that I deserve a title/a job like Google Moderator - as a lot of other (more than) very good Google local guides deserve, no? Pay attention to all these, please, it is (and it will always be!) very important for all of us, no doubt!

Dada VFC
Connect Moderator

@DadaVFC

Please do not confuse Google Moderators (this post) with Connect Moderators.

Google Moderators are Google Employees, working for moderating the community

Level 4

@FelipePK 

My account mushfiq.dmc is suspended from localguides. can you help me restore it please ?

Connect Moderator

@Mushfiq1, I have already responded in your post. Do not post other time about this subject. Please read my reply in your post and close this account.

Thank you

Level 3
Level 3

In the last couple of hours, there are 3 Local guides that are posting 1 star reviews along with very strange comments like "all they sell is cows" or "tomato" or other weird comments. I have checked their other reviews and all of their reviews follow the same. It is like they are just reviewing and writing stupid comments to be gain points or maybe it's kids or teens messing around. But they are doing it to many of the businesses in the same area. I've flagged the review on my business as inappropriate, but this doesn't help the rest of the locals businesses they are doing this to and it is bringing all of our star ratings down. One of the comments was about a local gym and how their were "gae" people in the showers and they were afraid to pick up their soap. Come on google we (the businesses on your map!!) should absolutely have an easier way to report inappropriate local guides that are being inappropriate in all of the reviews they give just to hurt many local businesses or because they think they are being funny. I'm not just talking 5 reviews on 5 businesses. I'm talking 30+!!!! 3 guides, same businesses, all within 1 hour!!!!

This is very wrong and I am incredibly angry that I have had to spend so much time trying to find a way to report this abuse!!!

If my customer service genuinely sucks, absolutely I have earned that 1 star reveiw. But don't give me a 1 star review with your comment being "I like their cows" or "tomato" and again not just my business but up to 30+ other local businesses.

How can we fix this without reporting each individual review on each business. This is 3 local guides, 30+ in appropriate reviews all giving bad reviews low stars with senseless comments or blank comments on the same businesses.

Thank you for your response

Hello @Sq1,

Thanks for reaching out!

I will contact you privately with further instructions regarding this matter. 

Level 7

Any reward to be shared to Local Guide?

Google Moderator

Halo @davidtarigan,

Kamu dapat membaca informasi yang telah saya bagikan pada post kamu sebelumnya mengenai Reward

Level 4

likeeeeeeeeee

ขอบคุณสำหลับข้อมูลและความรู้เพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับไกท้องถิน มันมีประโยชณ์มากสำหลับฉัน

สวัสดีค่ะ @Yodthongnopparat95 

ยินดีต้อนรับสู่ Local Guides Connect!

ขอบคุณมากนะค่ะที่สนใจ คุณลองศึกษาเพิ่มเติมเกี่ยวกับรายละเอียดต่างๆได้ตามลิ้งค์นี้เลยค่ะ 14 helpful tips for using Connect และ Help Desk  ว่าคนอื่นๆเขาทำยังงัยกันบ้าง

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

@Aruni  ขอบคุณครับสำหรับคำแนะนำ และขอมูลดีๆครับ มีประโยชน์มากครับขอบคุุณครับ😊😊🙏🙏🙏

สวัสดีค่ะ@Yodthongnopparat95 

ถ้าอยากรู้อะไรเพิ่มเติมลองดูตรงนี้ได้นะค่ะว่าคนอื่นเค้าทำกันยังงัย Help Desk และHow do I search on Connect?

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 1

https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/110108813180943673721/reviews/@42.5685804,-83.0275584,14z/data=!...

Multiple fake 1 star reviews - any way to remove - they have now made the reviews private. There are more, just do not now how to report.

@ErmesT

Hi @Jenzooben,

Thank you for reaching out.

I will send you a private message with instructions on how to report this specific user so our team can look into this person's account and take any appropriate action, though we won't be able to share the final decision as we respect everyone's privacy.

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Hi, Got it ... Super Like. THank you.
Gurpreet singh maan
Level 5
  • My life my attitude I don't care your select me yeah no 😉 always smiling 
Level 7

@GeorgesHR @MashaPS @NadyaPN  @TraciC @RadieN @MoniV @Aruni @sonnyNg @InaS @MoniDi 

Hello Mods,

Earlier this evening I was prompted to answer a question that inquired about AA times at the community center. Unfortunately [redacted personal information] , another local guide, left the following unhelpful and potentially detrimental comment before I could answer:

[redacted photo with personal information]

Aside from being condescending, this "answer", and dozens of others from this contributor, violates several policies including but not limited to: spam, off-topic and offensive content. 

I don't think this is blatent disregard of policies; instead, I hope it's just lack of awareness. In either respect, will the content that contradicts our purpose please be reviewed for potential removal?

Thank you so much for your help and time. It is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely, 

Rachael

Volunteers are love in motion.
Level 7

Please accept my apology. I am not accustomed to this forum or it's formatting and posting procedures. Please disregard this partial duplicate post. Thank you.

[redacted photo with personal information]

Volunteers are love in motion.
Je cherche à contacter Kludi (French Moderator).
RBL-BXL

Bonjour @Renaud-Brussels et bienvenue sur Connect! 🙂

Comment puis-je vous être utile?

Level 7

Great and thanks to Vit for your guidance. 

Kind regards

Level 8

Greetings, everyone!

Are there any Google Moderators from Romania, Cluj-Napoca? 🙂

Oana Maria
Level 8

Hi Ii think I made too many edits to the post I published so all the posts I am making are getting rejected. I tried to re post the same thing that got rejected without making any edits but the post is not showing up on my profile. Can a moderator help with this?

Google Vendor

Hi @Oscar_Kwok,

Your posts are now available on Connect. I would like to apologize for your posts being marked as spam. Our filters run 24/7 and they can be a little harsh at times.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Hi, @TraciC  Thank you for the useful references. 

I am new to Local Guide Connect and I just published my first post about an hour ago but I can't see it anywhere! It disappeared. Not in my home page nor in my profile yet I got the badge for my first post already. 

Could you please help? 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2124750437570212/

Hi @NohaBasiouny,

Your post seems to have been caught by the spam filters. I have just released it from the quarantine and you'll be able to find it in your profile again. 

Hello Community. I'm new to local guides, but am a long time google user. 

I need some help. 

It says to tag someone.. so....  @IrrPavlova Hoping you can help. 

A few years ago, a person who is a local guide, wrote a review for the business I work for. Very mean spirited words were used and thrown directly at me, by name. Problem is, I don't work on the vessel this person mentions and I wasn't working this particular day. My boss replied to the review, and I've flagged it several times. But I don't like my name out in the public eye like this especially since it is so mean and completely inaccurate.  I have flagged this review multiple times.

It also appears that this person has a habit of trashing other businesses as a local guide. I'm starting to wonder if they are violating the local guide policy that I just read. https://maps.google.com/localguides/rules

• "defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten, or otherwise violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of others;"

I would say this person's reviews do a lot of defaming. 

Here is the review that mentions me. Please note, in over a decade at this place I've never gotten a complaint. I really find this worrisome. 

[personal information redacted]

If you click on the person's profile and look at other reviews, you can see this pattern continues. 

Please help. 

Thank you, 

Traci 

Hi @Tidesofourlives

Since you've found a specific person, I will send you a private message with instructions on how to report so our team can look into their account and take any appropriate action. We won't be able to share the final decision as we respect everyone's privacy.

For the same reason we are redacting your post. Sharing information publicly about any person goes against our rules.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Türkçe moderatör olsun istiyorum. Türkçe bölüm moderatörü olabilirim 

Level 7

hi, please i need help? i applied for Connect 2019 but i cant submit my application, i don't know if i did anything wrong Capture.PNGCapture.PNG 1.PNGCapture.PNG 2.PNGwhile updating the application?

Level 10

Hello VitB,
My post in Local Guides Connect: Info about Rotterdam 

was marked as Spam and I get this email about Photo rights.

I made all those photos myself and are also in my possession, I will send you the info of the photos in order.
Bestandsnaam             Toestel                                      
20180106_132333   Galaxy S8   - Muurschildering in Witte de Withkwartier
20180303_113326    Galaxy S8   - Markthal
IMG_1245                 EOS 1000D - Markthal
20180303_124039    Galaxy S8   -  Cube Houses
20180217_192913    Galaxy S8   - CS
IMG_9080cr              EOS 1000D - CS
20170809_110444    LG-855        - Cruise Terminal
20180303_123428    Galaxy S8   - Oude Haven
20180803_110745cr  Galaxy S8  - Willemsbrug
20180803_110852     Galaxy S8  - Unilever Building 
20180803_115407cr  Galaxy S8  - Erasmusbridge
IMG_2689                  EOS 1000D - View from Euromast
IMG_2780cr               EOS 1000D - Laurenskerk
20170314141500_401 AT-AS53N - Schielandhuis

With regards

Peter Grashoff
(REDACTED)
With regards

Peter Grashoff

Hi @Peter_Grashoff 

I checked your pictures again and yes you are right. I am sorry for considering some of them plagiarized. I returned your post about Rotterdam back to the forums. You can find it here:  Info about Rotterdam.

I also removed your address, phone number etc from your signature and this post because we do not encourage Local Guides to share private information publicly on Connect in order to protect yours and other users' privacy and safety. If you wish to get in touch with other Local Guides, there is a Private Messaging System in place instead.

Hi @OWENSNGOZI4

Welcome to Local Guides Connect!

So it does not accept your links.

I think it is because the first link which was not accepted should lead to your post here in Connect in Local Stories. But your link is to GMAIL and that is why it does not accept it because it is not a link for Connect post.

The second link should lead to Google maps list but yours leads to Connect.

Level 6

Good morning. It seems you missed my point. My concern is that my application for San Francisco meeting is not being submitted. I have no issues with edditing. I should be allerted where am going wrong.

Level 9
  • Hello @TraciC : This is a post to @MortenSI because he has been absolutelly unfair to me and has made public that my professional photographs are spam and that is mostly uncertain; please rectify and moderate this moderator. Thank you 👍🏻😉🇪🇦

Hello @MortenSI , sorry bud but all my pictures of Ronda are made by me and have being taken for me during 10 years, I've wroten source myself so this is not spam therefore rectify immediately that you have made a mistake and that my professional photographs are not spam as you have published publicly and unfairly.

You can take a look all my contributions to Local Guides with more than 9 million visits:

https://maps.app.goo.gl/4PJjm

Greetings from Ronda 👍🏻😉🇪🇦