Level 8

Re: Video mode: a new way to contribute to Street View

Very clever, congratulations!

OmniSynThesis 360 VR Promotions - Joscelin Trouwborst
Level 10

Level 9

hi,, its going good so far,   but seem to be having a lot of failed uploads, which results in a stretch of road missing from my route, also, when the whole upload process has finished (on the files that did actually process) after a few days, the approved photos can drop by as much as 2000 in a day.

the failure rate is running at about one in ten videos, 

Level 9

@colinpeachey   What camera are you using? When you say it fails are you saying that in the app you get failed to processor are you saying that the blue lines are not displaying correctly? Is your failure knowledge based on photo count in the stats tab?

Level 9

hi.  im using the theta v, mounted on car roof bar,,   for example,  yesterday i shot about 30 minutes worth and it was 9 files to upload, all downloaded to phone correctly, and all 9 files uploaded to street view app, had the usual screen saying waiting to process, but, 2 of them failed to process, and the blue line is missing from that section of my travelled route, i read somewhere about driving speed?, i try to keep the speed to 30 - 35 mph, but maybe if i was over that, then the files cant process the photos ?.

at the present time the app says 308 photos with 154.2k views.   in the stats section i have 36,235 approved photos..   

Level 9

@colinpeachey  I do not know a way to redo an upload.  The other factor is speed. I believe that you should try a slower speed. I find the faster you travel the more the image they randomly select is likely to be blurry. I also had less luck with the blue lines being drawn in.  I did a test earlier in the week shooting from the car and the blue lines have not been drawn since Tuesday I think. I want to wait to see if it gets picked up and then will report on Monday using the Theta V form that has worked well in the past. They do not directly answer but usually fixed in a day or so.  I was testing pole height over the car to see the effect in the nadir then was going to do a video to show the differences as you go higher.  So you got me to report it now which I did since a number of days have passed. Problem with the form is if the video upload fails no way to report it. 

One word of warning to try and make sense of how they count photos I have given up. I just know the time and effort vs points is low vs the number of photos generated My Streetview Stats app says it is over 235,000 the number just goes up and I do not track it very close.  Under my name in the app it says 1.7K photos and 1.2m view so what makes up each number is not clear to me.

Level 8

This is so cool! I don't have a 360 camera though, unfortunately 😞 I like to share by taking videos of places I go to and sometimes I do walk throughs... some videos like these https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLcv3UtP91xJ0X_XqxNHU3GGDGo3fwccmB however I'm using my mobile phone's camera and can be quite shaky. Hoping to contribute more videos in future!

Level 8

@AriMar, what cameras are compatible with this new awesome mode?

The 360fly website seems to indicate that we can upload 360fly 4k videos to Street View! This is a much cheaper option for me rather than a Ricoh Theta V or Insta360 PRO. If you could please reply it would be very helpful. Thank you!

Level 9

Wow thanks a lot this is amazing information you have given to us 

Level 9

hi..  im pretty new to the theta , but have got some pretty good results so far.  i just uploaded a video of the results so far:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UrVlFxtoKg

ps:  received my badge and listing today,  thanks very much, and sorry to all the moderators i hasseled to get it