mdmkoo's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My story as a Local Guide... share yours!

Once upon a time, I used to get freaked out every time Google Maps remind me of where I've been to... a day ago, a week ago, even months ago... I was like, why is this monster app stalking me?!

But after a while, I got used to the fact that with a cell phone following me around and an active Google Maps app that's been really helpful for me, it is unavoidable that I get "tracked" sometimes when my GPS is on. Slowly, when Google Maps prompted me to share about the places that I've been to, instead of freaking out, I would just share the information.

I genuinely love contributing and love sharing with others. It was a joy and I did not expect anything in return. I was elated when I received the email that I am eligible to apply for the Local Guides Connect Live 2018 at level 5. It wasn't what I expected at all! Of course I applied, and yes I didn't get a place. But it's okay, because it is not what I expect when I started contributing. Getting to go will be a bonus, but I expect no payment out of my contributions at all over the duration that I've been contributing so far. I'm grateful for Google Maps... for it gives us a platform to share with others and also to find genuine reviews and helpful photographs when we need info on places.

Over time, I have gotten used to snapping photos wherever I go to and then sharing them on Google Maps. I only write reviews when I have patronised a place and truly have something to say about the place, so I haven't been writing excessive numbers of reviews. However, I take abundant amount of photos and enjoy sharing them with others on Google Maps.

Unexpectedly, as I go on with my life and sharing every now and then, I'm already almost halfway through level 7! 

My Public ProfileMy Public Profile

I am not actively contributing because I want to level up or want to go for events, but genuinely because I love sharing information with everyone. Same for my YouTube channel, where I share educational, motivational, and other stuff... anything that I can share, I love to share!

I hope to continue to share with everyone on Google Maps for as long as I get to access the app on my mobile devices! 😄

And this is my story on how I started and how I become level 7 today. What's your story?

Singapore
21 comments
Level 10

Re: My story as a Local Guide... share yours!

Thank you for sharing @mdmkoo

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 8

Thank you @Rezgar! Looking forward to becoming level 9 like you! 😄

Level 10

You're welcome, my dear friend @mdmkoo

Best Regards
Rezgar

Level 9

Wao @mdmkoo,

Nice story it is. Thank you so much for sharing.

share yours!

Here is my story with local guide program. My Journey With Local Guides

Thank you

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Nice story @mdmkoo, and I really like your attitude: not scoring points or getting rewards is the main thing, but adding useful information (or - as is often the case for me - improving the quality of the information already on the map).

My story is here

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Level 8

Yes, my main aim is to contribute and share... Thanks for sharing @JanVanHaver!! 😄

Level 10

I really like this sentences : "I am not actively contributing because I want to level up or want to go for events, but genuinely because I love sharing information with everyone"
And then you share everything well, without any strings attached.
Greetings from Indonesia.

Level 8

Hi @mdmkoo thanks for share with us.