Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Re: Introduce Yourself — April 2018

me and the naughty one :)me and the naughty one 🙂

1. Name: Ivan
  2. LocationSurabaya, Indonesia.
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I always feel great to be able share something to the other. I can do many things to help people. With Local Guide, I not only can help some people. With Local Guide, I can help EVERYBODY in this WORLD.
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I am a vegan, so it must be vegan food to be my favorite. Wait until you taste vegan food in my town such as vegan satay, bean salad, SOTO, RAWON. I guarantee you will eat until you can't anymore 🙂
  5. Fun Fact about me: One of my hobby is gardening and orchid. It is quite weird in my country since I am a male and not a senior citizen.
Level 8

1. Name: Vernice
  2. Location: Singapore
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I love helping others, sharing with the community and taking photos. Being a Local Guide gives me the opportunity to do all of them!
  4. My favorite cuisine to explore: I can't pinpoint one. I love all kinds of food from pizzas to sushi, kimchi to laksa.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I am starting a YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6HzU650LapPnnXSah-N91Q

A photo taken by me in Taiwan, in March this year, when we were there on our first family trip 🙂

connect.jpg

Editing to add this link! https://goo.gl/maps/jiniXYwaQk82 that's the map location where I took this photo 🙂

Level 7

Re: Conseguir insignias de Google

Por cuestión de calidad, me habría gustado comprar directamente en la tienda de Google...
Level 5

DSC_2646.JPG

1 Name: Jonathan

2 Location: Bangkok Thailand

3) What I love about being a local guide is I get to contribute to Google Maps which I use everyday and a critical tool for when I travel. I also like to express my opinions and recommend great places to other people.

4) The traffic in Bangkok being so congested, checking on the traffic information on Google maps had become a daily sport for me. After a major Google maps update last year, the traffic lines have become too thin and difficult to see. I was the person who wrote in to suggest the traffic lines be thickened. Engineers at Google fixed this shortly and thanked me for my feedback.

Former Google Contributor

Re: Introduce Yourself - March 2018

Hey @ibrahimf265,

Welcome to Connect! So glad to see you're ready to add more to Google Maps. I'm going to move this post to the Introduce Yourself - April 2018 board to better organize the forum and so that your fellow Local Guides can have the chance to greet you.

Since you're fairly new to posting on Connect, you may find the pointers below useful. Keep this handy!

Can't wait to see what you post next. Happy contributing!

Level 7

Goals! Inspiring.. 

Level 8

@CorMango wrote:

Goals! Inspiring.. 

Vegan cheezy burgerVegan cheezy burger

I just had this vegan mushroom burger with cashew nut cheese here! https://goo.gl/maps/Zt2zWtSbyJu

Keep on inspiring!

Level 6

Introduce Yourself — April 2018

altaf_ashruf-1524669562088[2].jpg

1. Name: Mohamed Althaf
  2. Location: Dharga Town, Sri Lanka.
  3. About Myself: I'm an accountant of a Restaurant in Beruwala Sri Lanka. My restaurant is actively very famous for South Asian Foods. And I am looking after business development and operation of my restaurant
  4. Being a Local Guide: I am really busy with my regular job and. Meanwhile I'm really interested in Social Media such as Google, Facebook, Twitter and so on. In these media's I really interested to Google maps because when I'm travelling every time I find my locations with the help of Google Maps. After sometime I learned about Local Guide Contribution, So I started doing the same what Google Maps did to me with an intention to help people around the world.In my country its so unusual to take Snap of a place or a Road or somewhere else when I'm gonna take picture people really think that I'm doing an useless work it never stops me of contributing to Google maps. when I tried to point out a location, I took pictures in different angle from road side so observing a picture can guide someone to found location easily. Also, for any tourist spot its necessary to get the right pictorial understanding either someone will be interested or should avoid the place. And today I know I am contributing many people without knowing them individually. It is really a great achievement being a local guide for Google.
  5. What I love to do: I love to capture some beautiful snaps when I visit a place, so not only picture rather some additional information may support the evidence and I Review them Publicly.
  6. Fact about me: I love to explore new place, new country, new people. So, as I am fully dependent on google map, others as well. So, I do not necessarily take pictures on specific place rather take pictures while travelling so it’s a tracking of full map.
  7. Looking forward: I want meet GOOGLE talents, explorer, around the world through this Forum #ConnectWithLocalGuide   
Level 6

Hey you all guys! 

A friend who came to visit Veracruz, I have him a full tour in the city. Before he came I had only been in touch through the internet.A friend who came to visit Veracruz, I have him a full tour in the city. Before he came I had only been in touch through the internet.

Me on the beach after a long day at school.Me on the beach after a long day at school.

I've just sign up in LG connect, but it's been a long time since I started to be a Local Guide.

Let me introduce myself 😊

1. My Name is Mike Hermida 
  2. Location: and I live in the city with the most important port in México: Veracruz, and I'm so happy about thatx even though in summer we reach the 40°C 😎😥 that's too hot.
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Help people and being helped, cause I'm sure that all our reviews together help others who don't know a place or a City, to make an idea of how it does look like, how people move, how peolpe live and everything. And I say that I'm sure, because i've checked places' reviews before visiting them, and when I go, I realize that what I read, is what I'm living. I also love to be asked by friends in school about a place, about my experience in other city and also to hear what they can tell !e abpua other places I haven't been yet. 
  4. I love to share:  I love to share everything I can, photos, reviews, and everything.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: On Google maps, I used to have another account and I was in local guide with that one too, then I had to use this new one, and one of the first things I did was to become a LG again.
Former Google Contributor

Re: My Experience with the Local Guides Program ♥

Hey @best2049,

Welcome to Connect! This was such a fun post to read, I'm glad you're enjoying being a part of the Local Guides program. Your aerial pictures are absolutely stunning too!

Since you're fairly new to Connect, you may find the pointers below useful. Keep this handy!

Additionally, did you know there's a chance you could become a Street View trusted photographer for Google Maps? Feel free to learn more about the program here

Can't wait to see what you contribute next!