Gabuu's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

The meaning of Local Guides program in my day by day

The meaning that Local Guides program has in my life is more than I thought it could be. Going out to lunch, dinner or just for an ice cream is not the same for me and my family now that I'm a Local Guide, sometimes I could be kinda anoying haha🙈 because I MUST to take a photo of their food before they can even touch it LOL🤣. People usually take photos of food and friends to share in their social media, I never took any photos of my food(Before I became a Local Guide), just a few photos with my friends and if I was with humor I shared it on my social media (a very few times). Now I take photos just of my food to share it on Google Maps 🤣😅

For me, The Local Guides program means friendship, empathy and share your passions

A pic collage of friends and our adventures  for Connect Live 2018A pic collage of friends and our adventures for Connect Live 2018

It means friendship, because thanks to Local Guides program I could meet people from all around the world. Make an awesomes friends and know that I can count with them any time, even if I go to visit their cities and viceversa.

It means empathy, because as a Local Guide I am always thinking in how many ways more I can help others with my contributions on Google Maps. Even when I go to the hospital!. All of us do the same wherever we are. Now I take pictures of the opening hours or specific instructions for a lab (in the hospital for example) or details about legal procedures.

A caption of my contributions of a hospital in my city, with time attention photos and others indications.A caption of my contributions of a hospital in my city, with time attention photos and others indications.

It means share your passions, with the different contributions we do every time as a Local Guides, I share places with good food because I am a food lover, others Local Guides show amazing photos and are passionate with photography, even they share their nature passion with meet ups, photos and more.

the first one is one of my passions I love to share, food, the second one is my child acting like me LOLthe first one is one of my passions I love to share, food, the second one is my child acting like me LOL

Even now my kids are acting like me LOL, or every time y try to take a photo if I am with them I have to take a photo of them first😅 😂

Cheers!

Gabu
Santa Cruz de la Sierra, Bolivia
21 comments
Level 10

Re: The meaning of Local Guides program in my day by day

Hi @Gabuu 

That is so good and espacially the way your kids are acting.... To be honest, I think they are not as crazy as you are!

I miss you so much my dear Gabu and I wish you all the very best for this year application.

Hopefully, we will meet this year, I will keep my fingers crossed!

Kisses from France

Jul 

Connect Moderator

I can't wait to see your smile again @Gabuu .

Well done !!!!

Caption: Local Guide @Gabuu at Connect Live 2018 - photo @ermestCaption: Local Guide @Gabuu at Connect Live 2018 - photo @ErmesT

Level 9

@Gabuu brilliant as always. Great read

Level 8

hey @Gabuu good to see you here, great post, so fun just like you😎😍

good luck for us 

Luciana Velasques Cervo
Brasil!| ospetsprecisamde! Blog
Level 8

@Julien44 LOL!!!! hahaha maybe you're right, they are a bit shy sometimes.

Thank you so much!!! I wish the same for you and I will love to meet you again!!!

A huge hug for you!!!!😘

Gabu
Level 8

@ermest hahahaha Thank you so much!! I have a pic of you smiling too?

Ermes smile! :DErmes smile! ?

can't wait neither!!! ?

Kisses!!

Gabu
Level 8

@Phunky Gracias!!! Espero volver a verte y escuchar tus risas malévolas de nuevo!!! jajajajaja

Gabu
Level 8

Thank you so much @lucianavelasques !!! and yes!!!! good luck for all of us!!😃

Gabu
Level 8

Hiiiiivanaunana gabuuuu 😄😄, so nice to read your post! Good luck my dear friend. Fingers crossed we all meet again!

Cheers!