MashaPS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself — June 2023

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check previous threads, like May's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from. We’ll merge any “I’m new” and “Hello world” posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

Do you want to be featured in our monthly Introduce Yourself posts? Share your introduction in the comments, following the five prompts below, and a horizontal photo of yourself (in landscape mode). We will select one of the best introductions and include it in our next month’s post. Please note: Your response may be edited for clarity. By taking part in this challenge, you agree to allow us to share your answers and photo(s) publicly here on Connect.

This month, meet @Passiontracker! Ananya is a Local Guide Level 6, and here’s what she shared.

Caption: A photo of Ananya sitting on a rock and looking in the distance. (Local Guide @Passiontracker)Caption: A photo of Ananya sitting on a rock and looking in the distance. (Local Guide @Passiontracker)

1. Name: Ananya R (Passion tracker)

2. Location: Bangalore, India

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I pursued a Master’s degree in Tourism and Travel Management. I love traveling to new places and discovering new things along the way. Google Maps is the most important for me to find locations. I keep my Location History on at all times to keep a record of my travels. Initially, I reviewed some places because I faced some issues there. That seemed to interest people, and they told me that my reviews helped them. That's how I started my journey as a Local Guide. I felt happy to guide people so they can be worry-free when they visit those places.

4. My favorite thing to explore: I'm a travel and adventure kind of person. I love to explore new places, food styles, and local stories about my destinations. Knowing about the world is fascinating to me. I prefer traveling with local transportation to feel more connected to the place.

5. Fun fact about me: Most of the time, I like to experiment. Connecting with people and making memories by traveling the world is my life's ultimate goal.

Nice to meet you, Ananya! Local Guides, don’t miss the chance to say hi to Ananya in the comments below and share your introduction, too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
165 comments
Level 3

اختيار الافضل لا المشهور

دائما اختار مايعجبني وما اهوى لااهتم بما هو مشهور ..قد اجرب ولكن لا احكم .

Level 6

Easy to find your eart.

Hlw I am Marjan sameen. 

I am a local guides of Google map.

Sbismsnssjkwosjsnamanabsyoamabsvsjsnaja

Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce Yourself — June 2023

Hello @Passiontracker and welcome to Connect

Wow a Ananya, with a Master’s degree in Tourism and Travel Management you are certainly super qualified to be a Local Guide. Like you I'm a travel and adventure kind of person and prefer to travel with local transportation to get the best possible feeling of connection with the place and local people, and for this reason when we were in the Sahara Desert we travelled by camel.

Caption: Local Guide @AdamGT and partner on camels in the Sahara DesertCaption: Local Guide @AdamGT and partner on camels in the Sahara Desert

Connect Moderator

Hi @Passiontracker 

Very nice to meet you. 

All the best from Denmark

Morten

Connect Moderator

Welcome to LG Connect Ananya @Passiontracker and nice to know more about you. 

Are those the huge rocks on the outskirts of Bengaluru city? They are undoubtedly magnificent just like your ambitions. Hope you scale new heights as a traveler. My best wishes 👍

Level 6

First Post!

Here for the first time exploring new stuff,

looking for like minded people to help em out and Vice Versa.

btw it's a Logo for my Photographs.

cheers!
my Alter Egomy Alter Ego

Connect Moderator

Re: First Post!

Hi @Rushi7 "Welcome to Connect! If this is your first visit, you’ve come to the right place. This post will serve as a guide for everything you need to know about contributing content and engaging with the Local Guides community on Connect". This is the first of the information that you will find in "Your guide to Connect" , the introductory Guide of the community. In there you will find all the necessary information to know how to better contribute in here.

You are welcome to tell us more about your experience as a local guide by Introducing yourself here: Introduce Yourself — June 2023 

Do you have a doubt about how to do something? The Help desk is here for you,with a long list of post with detailed indications on how to post.

Which kind of contents we share in the community? What are Connect topics? will give you an explanation

Level 7

@Passiontracker  Hello and welcome to LG Connect. Thanks for the introduction. Nice to know about you.

Hello, @MashaPS Sharing my introduction following the five prompts.

A tea garden at Mirik, West BengalA tea garden at Mirik, West Bengal

1. Name: Munmun Sarkar (MissGypsy)

1. Location: Kolkata, India

1. What I love about being a Local Guide: In the past, I had written a few reviews as and when I visited any place but I was not very regular. A few months ago I noticed one of my reviews had over a thousand views. I realized my reviews are helping others. And this motivated me. On exploring more, I learned about the Local Guide Program and then found that there is a huge community called Local Guides Connect. It lets you gather knowledge about other parts of the world and allows you to introduce your place too. This creates a sense of belongingness and makes me feel proud whenever I share my reviews. Since joining, I’ve added and modified a couple of places on Maps and also created a list of restaurants within Kolkata that are great for breakfast.

1. My favorite thing to explore: I often merge long weekends with my leaves and find some time outside my corporate life. I love to explore offbeat places which I find using Google Maps. On long weekends I mostly go on hikes with my husband or with my friends. I am fond of adventure activities may it be scuba diving or paragliding. So whenever I plan to visit the mountains or the sea, the first thing I search for is the kind of adventure activities that place offers.

1. Fun fact about me: To date, I have not used any travel agency services and I’ve traveled only using my self-made itineraries. Recently I took my family of five for an eight days pilgrimage to Uttarakhand, India. For those who might not know, Uttarakhand is a state in northern India known for the Himalayas and religious significance. The best part is Maps helped me a lot in building my own itinerary. From booking my stays to planning my whole day during the trip, Maps has always been handy. Last, but not least, another interesting fact about me is, I’m a travel vlogger and I document my experiences on my Youtube channel.

Level 8

Hello @Passiontracker nice to meet you Thanks for the nice introduced @MashaPS 

Mohammad Palash, Bangladesh Local Guide

Read my recents Post Here