MashaPS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself — August 2023

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check previous threads, like July's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from. We’ll merge any “I’m new” and “Hello world” posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

Do you want to be featured in our monthly Introduce Yourself posts? Share your introduction in the comments, following the five prompts below, and a horizontal photo of yourself (in landscape mode). We will select one of the best introductions and include it in our next month’s post. Please note: Your response may be edited for clarity. By taking part in this challenge, you agree to allow us to share your answers and photo(s) publicly here on Connect.

This month, meet @burakozkarakasli! Burak is a Local Guide Level 8, and here’s what he shared.

Caption: A photo of Burak in a suit smiling for the camera. (Local Guide @bozkarakasli)Caption: A photo of Burak in a suit smiling for the camera. (Local Guide @bozkarakasli)

1. Name: Burak

2. Location: Istanbul, Turkey

3. What I love about being a Local Guide: Creating lists for the countries I have visited to share my experiences in a way that everyone can access and see my recommendations.

4. My favorite thing to explore: New restaurants! As a foodie, I love tasting new dishes!

5. Fun fact about me: Travelling is my greatest passion, and before my trips, I love making detailed plans. My travel companions always enjoy the trips with me.

Nice to meet you, Burak! Local Guides, don’t miss the chance to say hi to Burak in the comments below and share your introduction, too.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
İstanbul, Türkiye
130 comments
Level 8

Connect like a chaine

It is a beautiful sight to see the human beings in this world working like a chain from the beginning to the end, each culture and heritage being passed on to other generations.Similarly, our family is moving forward in a very good way and it is very happy to know that people are getting the help they need through us.It gives a great meaning that if there is unity, we can lie beyond everything, and it is something that will be very useful to the people if we continue our work. Stay connected with the world

Connect Moderator

Re: Introduce Yourself — August 2023

Welcome to the wonderful family of local guides @burakozkarakasli and Nice to meet you 🙏

I visited your Google Maps profile and come to know that you like reviewing many cafes and restaurant.

All your contributions are impressive 👍

Looking forward to viewing your lists of places.

Connect Moderator

Re: Connect like a chaine

Hello, @Shafi_k   and

Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

Thank you for your Post on Local Guides Connect. 😊

I am going to merge your post to our monthly topic in

Introduce Yourself - August 2023, where you get to know other Local Guides as well And also about Connect. 

As you are a new one Connect,

Let me share some more helpful links with you which would be useful for your future posts on Connect. 

1. Your guide to Connect to make yourself comfortable and understand how to best use Connect.

2. How do I write a post on Connect to discover how to write great content here on Connect.

3. How do I follow the original content guidelines on Connect to make sure to follow the original contents guidelines here on Connect.

4. For Uploading Photos on Connect, these links  Uploading a photo on Connect

And  How to tell a story through your photography.

Will be very useful for you.

If you need any help you can always refer to our Help Desk.

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 9

Thank you for your compliments @Tushar_Suradkar, nice to meet you too 🙂

Level 8

New to the Connect Platform

Hello All,

I am new to the connect platform where as I am Level 8 Local Guide. Please anyone can help out how to stretch this to further higher Levels ?

Connect Moderator

Thanks @MashaPS  for the Introduce Yourself thread July 2023.

It is always a delightful experience to come across a fresh tale each month featuring an exceptional Local Guide on Connect. 

Hi @burakozkarakasli  , nice to meet you ☺️

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Connect Moderator

Re: New to the Connect Platform

Hello @NawazKader36   

Welcome to Local Guides Connect.

I want to let you know that 

I m moving your post in a Ongoing Post : Introduce Yourself - August 2023. (Click on the Link) 

Here you can follow the five prompts below and share your introduction  In this thread including your photo (in landscape mode). 

1.Name: 

2.Location: 

3.What I love about being a Local Guide: 

4.My favorite thing to explore: 

5.Fun Fact about me: 

A landscape photo of you with a brief description we can use to write a caption.

I also wanted to recommend to you, check Your Guide to Connect for more information on what topics are discussed here,

&

how to choose topics for your posts , and many more

great tips.

Thank you 🙏

Level 8

@NawazKader36 bienvenido a Connect, si solo hay una forma de avanzar en al siguiente nivel y seguir colaborando con Google Maps con fotos,videos, reseñas de buena calidad, preguntas rápidas.

Si puede ir viendo en el foro Hu mucha información como mejorar las fotos, o las reseñas de un lugar. 

Espero que haya sido de ayuda.

Level 8

Thank You for your kind support