Soy_Tato's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Helping Guatemala

I want to take advantage of this forum (perhaps is banned doing this, sorry if I break the rules) to promote help to our brothers and sisters in Guatemala. As you may know they have been going through a terrible situation because a volcano. So I think we can organize the collection of food, medicines and other things that they might use.

Thanks for reading me! hope we can help as a community!

Cheers from Mexico City

CDMX, México
7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Helping Guatemala

Thanks for taking care of the terrible situation in your country, @Soy_Tato.

I was watching the news last night, thinking about how to be in contact whith some Local Guide.

Yes, there is a lot that Local Guides can do, apart of volunteering for helping.

The first things, in my mind, is to giving support for the coordination, using Mymaps, shared in all social.

In mymaps you can add, and update, information related to all the help structure located in the area, giving information about position, function, contact numbers, and more. Sharing a link through the socials, you can provide real time data, where needed.

another important action is to submit immediately to Google Maps, through the "send a feedback" function, related to all the closed road. A lot of people, trying to drive to reach their families, or trying to escape, need to know the status of the roads in real time. For more information click on the link here below, related to "mapping in Emergency areas.

For collecting Food and Goods for urgent needed, please stay in touch with the local NGO. They can help you in giving indications about what is really needed, and how to manage it

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich

Thagging @DavidTito, that is a good Mymaps expert, if you need support for managing it

Hope this can help you. Feel free to write back for support from my side

Ermes

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @Soy_Tato it is fine to wish well for the victims of a natural disaster. Fellow LG @ErmesT could give you some ideas on how you could help them through a positive contribution based on his experiences helping in Italy.

Connect Moderator
Solution

I was watching the news last night, thinking about how to be in contact whith some Local Guide.

Yes, there is a lot that Local Guides can do, apart of volunteering for helping.

The first things, in my mind, is to giving support for the coordination, using Mymaps, shared in all social.

In mymaps you can add, and update, information related to all the help structure located in the area, giving information about position, function, contact numbers, and more. Sharing a link through the socials, you can provide real time data, where needed.

another important action is to submit immediately to Google Maps, through the "send a feedback" function, related to all the closed road. A lot of people, trying to drive to reach their families, or trying to escape, need to know the status of the roads in real time. For more information click on the link here below, related to "mapping in Emergency areas.

For collecting Food and Goods for urgent needed, please stay in touch with the local NGO. They can help you in giving indications about what is really needed, and how to manage it

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich

Thagging @DavidTito, that is a good Mymaps expert, if you need support for managing it

Ermes

Level 7

Thank you so much for the tips Ermest! I'm not from Guatemala I'm from México so I was thinking about how can we help our Guatemaltecans brothers. But Ilooking back on what happenned to us in september the 19th your advices are very helpful! 

So thank yo very much!!!

Greetings from Mexico City

Level 7

Thank you so much @PaulPavlinovich and @ErmesT! I think if all the world would act as if there were not borders (as you are acting) it would become better day after day!

Saludos desde la Ciudad de México! 

Connect Moderator

Yes I know you are in Mexico @Soy_Tato, (even if I read it too late 🙂

In my experience, food and goods are always welcomed in an area involved in a natural disaster.

My note about talking with Local NGO was in fact related to this, because a lot of people with good intention but not coordinatd, can create a lot of confusion.

After the earthquake in Italy, we were coordinated by a local guide in the area ( @manulele81), so to find the best way for helping

Ermes

Level 7

Thanks again @ErmesT! i will take in to practice your advices!

Level 8

@ErmesT Thank you for tagging me here and yes @ErmesT is right @Soy_Tato anything that My map related I'm defiantly your person and have high reference to Maps and my regards to @PaulPavlinovich @ErmesT thank you.

@ErmesT wrote:

Thanks @PaulPavlinovich

Ermes