PriyankaU's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Empowered Women of India meet up

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow.” — Helen Keller.

Women can move mountains with their spirit.Women can move mountains with their spirit.

Hello LGs,

Taking inspiration from my previous post Click here and after discussion with @MortenSI and @SalmaanN. As a  local guide we are planning to start this initiative called Empowered women of India meet up.

NandaTai, personification of women's grit, spirit and hope. Despite facing soo many difficulties, she is slaying life with her smile!!NandaTai, personification of women's grit, spirit and hope. Despite facing soo many difficulties, sh...

Indian women are legal citizens of the country and have equal rights with men. Because of lack of acceptance from the male dominant society, Indian women suffer immensely. Women are responsible for baring children, yet they are malnourished and in poor health. Women are also overworked in the field and complete the all of the domestic work. Many of the Indian women are uneducated.

Although the country’s constitution says women have equal status to men, women are powerless and are mistreated inside and outside the home. And according to, the World Economic Forum estimates gender parity globally may now be over 170 years away.

Despite this, there are women who defy all the odds and shine. Let's acknowledge such women so that they can be role models for others. Let's map all the business run by women on Google maps under the hashtag #empoweredwomen.

I request Local Guides across India to support this cause by organising a dedicated meet up between 10th to 20th December 2018, in support of women who chose to not give up.

Pointers for those planning to join in :

1. Submit a meetup for the period 10th - 20th December. The format should be read :: Empowered women of + Your City  (E.g.  Empowered women of Vapi ). 
  2. After the Google Team approve your meet-up a post is created.
  3. Make a comment here a add the link to your post.
  4. Share the meetup information on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Google+ to attract participants from your community.

Awareness : Highlight the problems faced by these women, make them aware about their rights. And tell them they an inspiration in themselves 🙂

Let's spread positivity and hope in this cynical World.

I nominate @NareshDarji  @SalmaanN @vvbellur @rajuroyal to support this cause by organising this.

You guys tag/nominate your friends living in other cities of India to organise the same.

Let's celebrate the undying spirit of women.

"The question isn’t who’s going to let me; it’s who’s going to stop me." - Ayn Rand

P.S - Incase of any queries, you can contact @SalmaanN or me 

Approved Meetups

1. Bengaluru Meet up

2. Delhi Meet Up

3. Hyderabad Meet Up

4. Mumbai Meet Up

5. Rajkot Meet Up

6. Vapi meet up

Meet up Recap :

1. Recap : Delhi meet up

2. Recap : Vapi meet up

3. Recap : Mumbai meet up

4. Recap : Rajkot meet up

5. Recap : Hyderabad meet up

6. Recap : Bangalore meet up

India
78 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Empowered Women of India meet up

Once again, or I should say in Urdu "ek key baad ek zaberdast initiative"

Proud of you "Badi behen" @PriyankaU.  🙂

You are thinking about not only problems but solutions too, that's great of you. 

Keep it up . 

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 10

Namskar..

@PriyankaU

Thanks for being a Inspiration for All Of Us..

Inspired from you I would like to Part of This Initiative..

Being a Woman It's my Pleasure too..

Regards From Mumbai..

Level 9

This is beautiful. I agree with what @KashifMisidia said, you're not only stated the problem but also offer the solution too. I can feel the urge of this meet-up. Good luck for the meet-up(s) and stay on the restless spirit for helping others.

Cheers,

Mutiah 

Level 8

This is really nice amazing initiative, @PriyankaU. Thank you so much for what you do. I will organise a meetup in support to your initiative. Let's spread it to everyone. Thanks again.

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Hello @PriyankaU

Thanks For Tagging Me, Good idea

I share my Meet up link soon.

Level 10

Great idea Delhi Local Guide Chapter 100℅ will take part in it and I am tagging some active female member of Delhi Local Guide Chapter @RashmiM  will tag some more and sharing this link in our group

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

Great initiative @PriyankaU. This helps women vendors recognized across the city. I'm with you, please let me know on which date to organize meetup. 

#Geowalk

Level 9

@KashifMisidia Thank you. Aap bhi karein ye meet up organise apni city main. 

Level 9

@Shrut19 ji, You are an inspiration in yourself, Spearheading the local guides Mumbai group. Thank you ma'am for being a part of this initiative.