MutiahA's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Here's How To Save The Planet Thru Your Reviews

Hello, my fellow Local Guides friends! 🙂

At this new year, I'm gonna share something that tackles me in a few weeks. It's about ecological damage that currently develops and getting bigger around the world. Like dead sperm whale in Wakatobiturtles that wash up dead in Ecuador with plastic in its mouth, and so on. I didn't mention tons of garbages that left after the New Year's Eve events tonight.  But, I only want to persuade any of us to take part in the recovery: thru writing reviews.

A photo of three Local Guides sharing reviews (Credit to Fahmi Adimara)A photo of three Local Guides sharing reviews (Credit to Fahmi Adimara) First, I personally thank @ErmesT that started his great movement, Local Guides Clean The World. It gives us a chance to literally do something - as my friend @RiverDefender did in his Tjiliwoeng movement - and another LGCTW event that held around the world by many amazing Local Guides. But, without disregarding anyone, I know that not many of us can really do something like cleaning the rubbish, plogging, etc. We also can't deny the fact, that every time we clean it, there's always new rubbish that comes. It's a never-ending cycle - and the impact still didn't stop.
So, I'm thinking about to help this movement thru another side, by persuading people being more aware of the ecological impact thru our reviews.

Currently, I'm editing my old reviews (inspired by what @TraciC did) mostly in marketplaces, where people mainly use plastic bags, to suggest them to use shopping bag instead (I also use the hashtag -> #ecolifestyle). 
Here's what I've done.

An old review of a legendary supermarket in Bogor, Ngesti.An old review of a legendary supermarket in Bogor, Ngesti.

Newly edited review for the supermarketNewly edited review for the supermarket

My review of an old supermarket in Bogor, Indonesia. Using hashtags #ecolifestyleMy review of an old supermarket in Bogor, Indonesia. Using hashtags #ecolifestyle

My review of an old supermarket in Bogor, Indonesia. Using hashtags #ecolifestyleMy review of an old supermarket in Bogor, Indonesia. Using hashtags #ecolifestyle

Started using #ecolifestyle hashtags in places where people mainly use plastic bagsStarted using #ecolifestyle hashtags in places where people mainly use plastic bags

Started using #ecolifestyle hashtags in places where people mainly use plastic bagsStarted using #ecolifestyle hashtags in places where people mainly use plastic bags We can also give tips at other public places such as parks, train station, etc. I give the tips at the end of my reviews as a persuasive message and an affirmation. I'm currently using #Ecolifestyle as the main hashtag, while also use #letsguide and #bogorlocalguides hashtags.
I know it's not a big thing, but I believe if many people take part in this campaign,  share the words, people will start thinking about it. It's a word-of-mouth effect.

Well, that's all. I'm open to any comments and suggestions. Thanks for taking your time reading this post!

Your friend,
Mutiah

--

UPDATE:
If you guys already added the #ecolifestyle hashtag and eco-tips on your reviews, kindly put the screenshot as a comment below. I'd love to see it and give some supports. Thanks for helping me spread the word for our better environment!

Bogor, West Java, Indonesia
43 comments
Level 9

Re: Here's How To Save The Planet Thru Your Reviews

Hello @MutiahA,

Thank you very much for sharing a detailed post about #hashtags in google maps reviews. I still remember that mail from team about #hashtag in maps. Since I always focus on boards where I can help others, I never found a perfect thread for this. But now when I'm writing you here I'll try searching. And found..................

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Announcements/New-Use-hashtags-in-your-reviews-on-Maps/ba-p/11...

In free time I'll go through that post and will encourage others to use #hashtags in their reviews. 

Thanks again #MutiahA

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 8

Bls: Here's How To Save The Planet Thru Your Reviews

This post is very interesting for many issue in our country. Some places become dangerous after change to be a destination's trip.

First about trash, garbage, plastics polutions. Road to reached the places, transportations, and the places itself.

Save the planet with our review would be the solution in the future. We can take care the place always become the save and enjoyable places.

Thank @MutiahA for sharing with us.

Level 10

Nice movement @MutiahA and it also inspired me to do the same: editing past review and add suggestion to bring our own bag while shopping. And add certain hashtag as well. 

In daily life, as an environmental activist, I have started the habit of carrying my own shopping bag since about 10 years ago. We have also been campaigning for plastic bag diets for years, until now. it's about changing habits, which eventually becomes an eco-friendly lifestyle. others, such as carrying their own drink bottles, also need to be encouraged.

And now, invite others to do the same through a review of places on Google Maps. I am sure this will have a broad impact. Let's do it together!

Level 10

you always present there something unique idea and your steps . thanks a lot for share with us @MutiahA

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

That is an awesome idea @MutiahA what you are now doing in your existing Local Guides Reviews.

What a great way to start 2019 right! 

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Karen

Former Google Contributor

Hi @MutiahA. Thanks for sharing this innovative campaign! I hope it reaches a lot of people and makes a difference in the world.

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 10

Terima kasih @MutiahA sudah mendandai saya. 

Saya setuju dengan pendapat Anda mengenai plastik dan sampah turunannya, terutama pada kantong plastik yang hingga kini terus menjadi hantu yang menakutkan.

Juga dengan kampanye dengan memberikan taggar tertentu pada tempat-tempat tertentu. 

Salam

FJoe

Level 9

Hello @deepakjhicThanks for sharing your story. Sure, it'll be great if you can help me spread this movement by encouraging people to start adding useful tips and hashtags. 

Cheers,

Mutiah

Level 9

Bls: Here's How To Save The Planet Thru Your Reviews

Thanks for sharing your thoughts @AgoesSantosa
I also think the same thing. Tourism in our country have contributed tons of plastic garbages every holiday seasons. I have planned an ecotourism project in Bogor, but I'll tell it in another story 🙂
 May people get inspired by this movement.

Regards,
Mutiah