Bobiisha's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Challenge: Show us your most helpful recent photo on Google Maps

If we had to describe Local Guides with one word, it would be ‘helpful.’ Your honest reviews and great photos include valuable details, and your lists are the best recommendations on where to eat, what to see, and who to support locally. You check the facts and clean the map, and so much more!

That’s why we’re sure our new challenge will be as easy as snapping a photo with your phone. And that’s what we ask: What is the most helpful photo you recently shared on Google Maps? 

To give you some inspiration, here are a few examples from us:

Caption: A photo of the stairs leading to the second floor of The Steps bar with the rainbow flag on the left. (Local Guide @Bobiisha)Caption: A photo of the stairs leading to the second floor of The Steps bar with the rainbow flag on the left. (Local Guide @Bobiisha)

@Bobiisha: I recently added the photo above to a bar called The Steps on Google Maps. I loved the rainbow flag hanging on a column on the first floor, showing that the place is LGBTQ+-friendly. My photo is helpful because you can see that while the bar isn’t accessible, there is enough space for big groups of visitors or several smaller ones. And I also made sure to add a caption to this photo and the other ones I shared with my review!

Caption: A photo of treadmills at the Marriott Park Ridge hotel gym that shows the machine type and spacing of available machines due to COVID-19.  (Local Guide @TraciC)Caption: A photo of treadmills at the Marriott Park Ridge hotel gym that shows the machine type and spacing of available machines due to COVID-19. (Local Guide @TraciC)@TraciC: Two weeks ago, I went on a vacation of sorts: from Brooklyn, New York, I drove the huge (haha!) distance of 35 miles or 56 kilometers to Park Ridge, New Jersey. My cousins and I packed up my car for a weekend at the Marriott Park Ridge. Our requirements were basic: comfortable beds, an indoor and outdoor pool, and a great gym. Why a gym, you ask? Because I’ve been doing a one mile a day challenge, and I didn’t want to miss out! So, my most helpful photo uploaded recently was of the hotel gym, where it shows you the kind of treadmills (LifeFitness) and the spacing they offer due to COVID-19 regulations. I hope this photo helps people looking to get their workout on while away from home. 

Caption: A photo inside the Bishop’s Basilica of Philippopolis showing some of the mosaics, ancient columns, and accessible modern walking platforms. (Local Guide @DeniGu)Caption: A photo inside the Bishop’s Basilica of Philippopolis showing some of the mosaics, ancient columns, and accessible modern walking platforms. (Local Guide @DeniGu)

@DeniGu: Last month, I visited the Bishop’s Basilica of Philippopolis and was stunned by how accessible and interactive the place was. The photo I shared on Maps shows part of the walking platforms that are wide enough for wheelchair users and parents with strollers (I saw some on my visit, too!). Plus, you can see the spiral walkway leading to the second floor in the background. People wear overshoes which they receive at the door, but visitors can bring their own, too. And the photo also gives you a glimpse of the beautiful mosaics on display!

What is the most helpful photo you recently added on Google Maps? Show us in the comments below, share a link to it on Maps, and don’t forget to tell us why you think it’s helpful. We will highlight some of the best entries on Connect!

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
60 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Challenge: Show us your most helpful recent photo on Google Maps

Great post @Bobiisha 

On these days I am traveling around and visiting natural areas, to discover more places to add to the Accessible Life Project

One of my most recent photo, that I want to share with you and the community, is related to the Panoramic Point in Porto Caleri, a wetland at the mouth of the River Po. The place is amazing, easy to reach for a full immersion in the nature of the area. Here is my review

DSC02362.jpgDSC02362.jpg

To make easy to visually understand the beauty of the place, and that it is really fully accessible, I wanted to create the blu line of the path too

This will make easy for everyone, especially for people with limited mobility (e.g. a family with small kids, or a person in a wheelchair) to "see" the place before to decide for a visit

Connect Moderator

I'll put a slightly different spin on my answer... I added a place that wasn't on Maps and included a selection of photos showing the kinds of things you could expect to buy there, none of the photos stand out artistically or are of impressive places but they all support the local small business that I added.

PaulPavlinovich_0-1625562477626.png

You can find the place at https://goo.gl/maps/11tmMgnahLtQ6Wiv7 

Paul

Connect Moderator

Wonderful photos @Bobiisha.

Last week I visited the Jantar Mantar monuments in Delhi that are related to astronomy and are spread over a huge area. This was part of the Accessibility for All initiative.

The facilities for navigation like ramps and well-paved walkways at this place are noteworthy.

A remarkable feature that was tucked away in a corner was the tactile maps and diagrams of the monuments engraved on a metal plate. The facilitates the blind who can touch-sense and get an idea of the real object.

Here is the real object that is accessible and can be navigated from very close.

Besides that, there is also a large information metal board embossed in Braille with the description of the monument.

I saw that such facilities are very helpful for both the blind and the visually impaired besides those with limited mobility.

Level 8

After months of cancelled trips and postponed gatherings, my wife and I went on a vacation to explore more of the area beyond the San Francisco Bay Area. Just an hour and a half outside the San Francisco city limits, we drove to Guerneville, a small community in the heart of wine country. We booked a small escape at a “glamourous” campground called AutoCamp- we love nature, but we also wanted to fully relax after months of being at home, so we went glamping! Here’s a shot of the different options that you can book for lodging-a luxury trailer converted into a camper and the rows of airstreams. But what we appreciated the most and wanted to share is the amazing aesthetics of the area as well as how spacious, ADA compliant,  and inviting each camper is, with their own lounging fire pit areas.

Beautiful lodging with ample personal space perfect for getting away, without being too far awayBeautiful lodging with ample personal space perfect for getting away, without being too far away

Level 8

Thank you @Bobiisha for this post.

IMG_20210706_171358.jpg

It is photo I was posted in a Junction review. This photo showing all of train schedule in this junction.

Traveller and Social Activist.

Read my recent articles here
Level 10

Connect Moderator

I visited Mercado Norte, it is a place that reunites 16 small businesses (restaurants), you can find food from different parts of the world. I added a photo of the restroom entrance, showing that they have a ramp and in the background you can see the "Tree of Life", a clay sculpture which Metepec is known for. It's a tree of life made of various trees of life: Tree of Life-ception.😂

Mercado Norte is located in Town Square Metepec, which is the newest mall where I live in, I like to visit it because almost all the stores have accesible entrance except 5 stores, and it's pet friendly!

IMG_20210603_154848.jpgIMG_20210603_154848.jpg

Connect Moderator

@LaloPadilla 

Absolutely love the way you have captured the photo since I too strive to get the best possible shots of useful places especially those that highlight accessibility features.

Also, the Tree of Live is amazing 😊

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Tushar_Suradkar I always try to capture accessible features in the place and try to make my best.

What I like about your photos is that you capture a lot of important details. 👏