Briggs's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

A gallery of ridiculous questions (and answers!) asked on Google Maps

Caption: An unsettling question that has garnered plenty of amusement to Google Maps users. Note that this has been reported and taken down since this was posted.Caption: An unsettling question that has garnered plenty of amusement to Google Maps users. Note that this has been reported and taken down since this was posted.Last Updated: 16 June 2018.

As you all holistically agree one way or another, the 'Questions and answers' feature on Google Maps has been met with mixed success. As ideal as it may have sounded and thought of at the beginning of its inceptions, legitimate reviews have unfortunately made its way into the form of questions, complaints, comments and plenty of undesirable content have funnelled well into the eyes of potential customers, and the inherent dullness that puts Google Maps users and even Local Guides into light is discouraging for several different parties.

It's pretty sad how we would've expected the questions like we saw in the feature announcement as "What are the must-see special exhibits?" and instead get something completely stupid like "goirla imt", "Dangerops prangent? Will it hurt baby top of its head?" or whatever what that means. I have read many Google My Business owners who have even requested to turn off the feature, I'm pretty sure that's easily doable though, but for the interim, it's interesting to see how the general population uses the questions and answers, should've used it for some sort of social studies.

Inspired by Lucio's Review and awareness post, I thought it would be a little bit of an icebreaker just to give a few laughs or chuckles. Here I will compile a whole bunch of ridiculous, dumb, strange, and funny, yet all real questions that people have actually asked, and even to an extent some of the strangest answers and trends that somehow people could even slightly think of! I can assure you I have reported probably 90% of questions that get asked whenever I get the notification that someone has a question about a listing, that most likely I haven't visited.

These are real questions and answers asked on Google Maps listings

Spoiler
Strange questions
Abbey Road Studios: Im from syria ...gave me visa
Abbey Road Studios: What
ALDI Erskine Park: I regularly buy my regular soy milk from you.And over the holidays i opened 3 that had the seal broken so had to tip it all out.
Apple Sydney: What is the closest place I can buy a Samsung? (top question)
Beulah St Wharf: Hi...the place look very nice and quite for fishing.
Big W: Satuarday opening time Q
Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope: Have a trainning Soccer for a 12 years old boy Please
Bureau of Meteorology:
Lithgow Weather (always changing)
Celebration: Hallo, uhh I'm can u-- wait nvm
Centrelink: Is there anyone who can teach me to read my electricity meter
Chemist Warehouse Epping: Why is it that the art of "Customer Service" is close to the point of extinction..? What happened to manners & politeness..? "Social Media", in all its forms, has caused this mass wave of social narcissism..! Disagree..? Why..?
City of Sydney Council: Last night I saw a number of dead ducks in Kipax Lake Moore Park. I just read article about dead bats. Maybe Sundays heat.
Coles Supermarkets: Piping bags
Costco:
 Great products very bad customer service . 👎
Costco Wholesale: I have bought drinking glasses that they were all broken
Costco: What time close today (people always answer the day they read the question, so it's bound to be wrong one day during the week)
Cubby's: Restrooms say boys & girls on both. I am only one of these. I don't know where to go.
Custom Teez: How do I buy
Foxtel: Taree
Google: Those numbers are valid for Dhaka and Chittagong only.
Greenfield Public Library: lol yeah yeah that's i want to see my mother and tomorrow he so
Harvey Norman Broadway: y u rip off us is like mean bois
HisStory Church: 
I'm part of Islam
IKEA Rhodes: Sundry closing time
IKEA Rhodes: Hi, Sushma here
Ivy Complex: Sir please send me supposer for management vatter from India
Kansai-Airport Station: No bus over night, very trouble
KFC: is your chiken vegetian or HALAL
KFC Kings Park: Isn't everything halal these days? No one gets a choice anymore so too bad if your not of the religion who eats halal. Because apparently we all have to eat it now
Koorong: As i do not have credit cards just need to buy with cash
Kumars Taj: What is the telephone number to call? (already listed on the listing)
McDonald's : Is the Mac Donald's join with the other Mac Donald's , the 1 inside the centre is great but had to go to the other 1 omg never eat there again no 1 there cares how the food comes out or how there customer service is a joke it's like there own private get together
McDonald's Bathurst: Confused Kelso Bathurst same owner We normally use kelso Q???n Seniors coffee and raisin toast...
Milsons Point: samoa
Morning Glory: i hate snakeu.

Novartis Pharmaceuticals: 
Hi we r a group of TAFE teachers looking at education.
Opera Bar: If i can get fresh camel met
Oroton Birkenhead Point: is open tomorrow and is start sal
Pier 39: Nice place I want to visit i am from Goa India can i able to come this side ?
Powerhouse Museum: How much togoin
Quaycentre: How long does it take to get from campsie to there (they should be using the directions feature instead)
Richmond Club: Overnight camping
Rooty Hill Star Kebab & Pizza: This shop is open today??
RSPCA Care Centre: Excuse me can someone tell me how far this is from Auburn?.
Saint John the Beloved Church: 
Times of mess
Shangri-La Hotel, Sydney: ČOKOLADE (literally means Chocolate in Croatian)
Sister Disciples of the Divine Master: Cost of a stole
Space Weather Services: At your  home
St. Aidan's Parish: I want to know what is the,time the midnight mass on.Dec.24.
Starbucks: Do you have mugs that are 3-dimensional?
Sydney Harbour Bridge: Where it is
Sydney Harbour Bridge: Can I have it
Sydney TCM Accupuncture & Massage King: hehe
Sydney Theatre Company: Hay barry is sam carr at home
The Mint
: would the museum have all types of ice cream scoops
The Star Sydney: Where is nearest big W?
USS Pampanito: Is there wheelchair access
Venus Fitness For Women: Who much does it cost
Woolworths Ermington: Y ARE THE PEOPLE THAT WORK IN THIS WOOLWORTHS TALK ABOUT THEIR CUSTOM'S & THEIR VERY RUDE EVERY TIME I GO IN THEIR

Objectionable questions
Australian Taxation Office: Hello I need help for my late grandmas deceased estate application her TFN is [actual tfn] could you please call on (phone number)
Big W:
 I hate y'all
Club 220 Gentleman's club: I am a paraplegic looking at s*xuality as an essential service for those with a disability... This is the oldest profession known to man/women.
H&M: Do you feel any responsibility and remorse over your penchant to consistently undermine the integrity of black people?
Meat & Livestock Australia: Watch us murdering, bashing, punching, kicking and raping our victims. Our redneck hillbilly hicks dont care how much blood we have on our hands
Mirch Masala: Worst customer service ever. Pathetic food quality and the person who stands at front doesn't even have manner how to serve customers. Always have less option on food items
Nick's Takeaway: The worst customer service ever. The lady behind the counter just wants to talk to the other girl about her private life. What a miserably human being.
NSW Trustee & Guardian: my mother is in a nursing ho mum has 2.8 million dollars from a sale of 1 property. She has another property that is now ready for sale. i live on this property and my brother ([name]) lives on this property with his family. It is 5 acres with 2 dwellings on it. this is about 12 million dollars in value. about 2 years ago my other brother took myself and [name] to tribunal because he wanted to control mums affairs. Because the tribunal saw what a nutjob he was they took power of attorney off him. The tribunal gave [name] the resposibility of looking after mums affairs with the stipulation that the trustee oversees all dealings.. my question is this...the truste has stated that no money is to be accquired by us (children) until after mums death. I am in severe financial hardship.....i am on newstart from centrelink... i am nearly 63 years old and full of chronic arthritis. can i get some money to help thru this crisis. what avenue can i take?
Pizza Hut Parramatta: I got problem here with my piza today .....my name is harsh living at [street] [suburb] this is ridiculous I know if I ll contact you gonna bribe me but I am not I am going to send this boxes to your main and I ll lodge complaints in customer ethics of Australia ....
Ripples Leisure Centre: Little pit in pool pooping pot holes
The Ranch: S***? Staying in this (so called hotel) was the worst experience of my life. (this is the only question and is clearly visible because it has likes)
TPG Telecom: TPG is rubbish and s*** crap too much corruption they dont't care about customer and not sloving problems and issue.. last week i pay for new conection for adsl broadband its cost me $289 for connection and modern and monthly pakade  and they said the... (mobile number at end of review)
Westfield Sydney: Hi I saw the materials nearly fall. , please see the attached pucture.  I dont want anything. happen. please fix ASAP.

Generic questions no one will ever ask again
Free wifi
Are there vegetarian meals?
hours
open
Are you open on Labour Day?
what is phone no (when the phone number is listed already)

Questions and responses
Abravanel Hall: Do you have handicap setting.
- I don't think any of their upcoming performances will be of a handicap "setting" however I do believe they do have handicap seating.

Art Gallery of New South Wales:
I can put my drawing in art gallery ?
- Have you got blu tak?

Birkenhead Point Outlet Centre:
  why is it caled berkenhead pount?
- That is right
- Hahaha its Birkenhead Point

Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope: What time is the canteen open till
- Dont know

Bunnings Minchinbury:
 do you stock batteries for ride on lawn mowers
- Ride on dïldos
Bunnings Minchinbury: Can you do a home delivery for a BBQ in mount druitt and charges please?
- We deliver but we do not install there's a $50 charge for delivery P.S you are very beautiful

Car City: Can a stay at home mother get car Finance?
- Only if you lick the vehicle to claim it as your own first.

Central Intelligence Agency:
 Should we take them out next?
- Yes +++

DFO Homebush: Is there City Beach? (note it is an actual clothing store)
- There is a beach nearby at Cabarita Park, some people swim there but its not the greatest.

HOYTS Wetherill Park: What movies are available at hoyts cinema witherall park
- Yes, very clean and simple.

Humayun's Tomb: Full information about humayuns tomb
- Go on Wikipedia

IHOP: Found a hair in my food waiter cambe back with my drink and then gets all mad
- This is NOT for leaving your comments or reviews! This section is for questions only!!

Ikea: How to draw up kitchen plans
- pencil and paper

Jack and Jill Lanes: RYAN
- HAROLD

Kebab Express Pizza Pide and Kebabs: Does anyone wanna answer the d**n phone? Been calling and no answer r it's either "user busy"
- Nice food

Kingswood Sports Club: Is it able to look after cat or dog all my life..horse too big at my unit..lol   ..i know...
- Some mother's do have them Ah!!!

Kinkaku-ji: King
- Kaku-ji

McDonalds: Hi
- Ok
- service was bad do not go here !!

Mount Druitt Police Station: are you after me
- If you need to ask....

Neeta City Shopping Centre: هل تبحث عن مركز تسوق متنوع وباسعار مناسبة؟
- Yas slay fam

PDQ Restaurant: Nutrition
- Ingredients. This is kind of a lame game.

Pokemon Center: Any tip for pokemon cards
- India
Pokemon Center: How would I know what money to pay them or how to speak their language
- Interpretive dance.

Queen Victoria Building: Has the queen victoria building been sold
- No you idiot

Reading Cinemas: it always smells like vomited
-💩

SS Jeremiah O'Brien: 
I love it place

- It is a landmark! A must-see that needs public funding to keep it in to shape!

St Andrew The Apostle Catholic Church: How do I subscribe to you weekly bulletin??
- Good

The Cook: What's on to nite. Any music.
The Cook has closed and has been re- opened as the Cook Street Social.

White Bay Cruise Terminal: How do you get to white bay terminal from central station
- Get from central to white bay

If you have any other strange questions and/or answers you would like to add to the collection, feel free to comment them (place, question and/or answer[s]) below! I constantly add to the list as I find more hilarious questions and/or answers, and so I will post once I have updated.

Stupidiotic, South Las Vegas Boulevard, Las Vegas, NV, USA
25 comments
Level 9

Re: A collection of questions asked on Google Maps Q&A feature

@Briggs  I do not know where it is but there was a twitter post by Joy Hawkins I think that showed the Russian language questions on the CIA Google My Business page. I was like a crazed robot was spamming the listing. I can not find the original post and I may be cleaned up.  I will look for some crazy questions for you.  Interesting they have not claimed there listing. 

Level 10

Touché.

Found some notable questions, but not the Russian one. I'm gonna go on a hunt to find some more. Thanks for the heads up @davidcox!

Level 9

@Briggs  Careful, you may descend into a world of insanity.

Level 10

@Briggs I think its enough for today. .. hahah. ...

.....I have few interesting questions and answers .

But let me laugh out loud first.

@OSAMA check this POST OF THE WEEK. 

Level 9

@AkmalByeah bro i open this post today and laugh laugh :)))))))))))))

then receive a call :)))

good you mention me her again :)))))))))))))))

what am sure about that @Briggs is still warming up on connect :)))))))))

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the collection @Briggs

Some other member was suggesting a change in the Q&A concept, because most of the questions are in fact addressed to the business owner, and it is not clear to everyone that the question are for LG to reply.

In one side this is nice, because LG can show their knowledge of the places, but for a lot of questions is impossible to give an answer.

In the other side, addressing the question to the owner, can be possible only if the owner is identified (Mybusiness). 

What about to move your post to the Feedback-and-Feature-Requests board, for the Googler to have a look? Do you agree? 

Ermes 

Level 10

Hello @AkmalB and @OSAMA! I'm glad you find the collection of random Q&A hilarious. Whenever I get a notification when I'm on the go, I'm almost ready to take a screenshot so I can humiliate it in a form like this in the future. And @davidcox, what's to say that I haven't already descended into insanity? 😉

@ErmesT, I do agree. There are some things that this feature has opened up, but calling it a 'question' is not exactly accurate, but more of 'post, thread or discussion'. While I have already made such suggestions in a previous post, this post's intent is to just gather a collection of hilarious and extremely off-topic questions. Heheh.

Connect Moderator

Level 10

LOL @Briggs really a cool collection!

This is one of my favourite: Costco: What time close today 😄