EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Shiro: A Place to Eat Japanese Delicacies in Lagos

beautiful scenerybeautiful scenery

When I got an invitation for a surprise party organized for my sister. I thought it would be the normal restaurants springing up in Lagos. Shiro, was different. It's perhaps the first restaurant to pique my innermost curiosity. A Japanese themed restaurant in the heart of Lagos!

This place is different. Immediately I stepped inside the facility, I was hypnotized! Oh my goodness.

It's a shrine! A luxury shrine for classic minds.The lighting, aesthetic, upholstery and bar were Japonic more like from the Edo period.

The gigantic statues were staring us from above, like guardian angels. Wonderful artistic impressions

lamps, light, lounge and luxurylamps, light, lounge and luxurywatchingwatchinggiant sculpture at the bargiant sculpture at the bar

East Asian aesthetics- the bar, seat arrangements, outdoor lounge, elevated lounge, staircase, lamps and aroma glaringly epitomized the essence of this place. Here culture, tradition and contemporary art mingle to give you some fabulous environment.

...and the Japanese stuff - sushi...and the Japanese stuff - sushi

cocktailcocktail

beef-in-a-basket et albeef-in-a-basket et al

We tasted several items on the menu, out of curiosity. I was literally asking the waiter details of each menu before we could order. We were all scared and excited at the same time. aha! The cocktails got me. The bartender or mixer got some magic.

folks and birthday girlfolks and birthday girlbirthday girlbirthday girl

sometimes, I just love to wander away by myself. If you are like me, then you'd love the outdoor seating close to the Atlantic Ocean!

cool breeze but mosquitoes!cool breeze but mosquitoes!

Go see this for yourself. Experience Shiro! Here are other lovely places you could eat in Lagos

Have you tried cuisines from other countries or culture? Where's your favourite place to eat outside your home? What's the best food you savored?

@ErmesT @Julien44 @KarenVChin @HelloJess @OSAMA @BruceDM @AlexVee @ArielleM_ @SanyaOdare @ValeriaA_

xoxo

Emeka

Lagos, Nigeria
15 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Place to be

@EmekaU wrote:

beautiful scenerybeautiful scenery

...and the Japanese stuff - sushi...and the Japanese stuff - sushi

When I got an invitation for a surprise party organized for my sister. I thought it would be the normal restaurants springing up in Lagos.

This place is different. Immediately I stepped inside the facility, I was hypnotized!

It's a shrine! A luxury shrine for classic people....

Level 10

Re: Shiro: A Place to Eat Japanese Delicacies in Lagos

Hi @EmekaUlor,

Thanks for sharing your experience at Shiro Lagos. It is always great to discover others culture. Food is a good example and your post about japanese cook remind it to me.

I love eating foreign food and to discover new tastes, here are few of my experiences:

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/FOOD-LOVERS-CLUB/m-p/677318/highlight/tr...

Chorizo ice cream, Black pudding pancake, Squid, Parmesan emulsion:

20180309_212611.jpg

Cabillau curry sauce mango avocado (Asian taste)

20180309_215052.jpg

A crème brulée dessert

20180309_221509.jpg

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/FOOD-LOVERS-CLUB/m-p/693243/highlight/tr...

Salad with ricotta cheese:

Starter saladStarter salad

Fish with boulgour tabbouleh:

FishFish

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/FOREIGN-FOOD-What-do-you-like-to-eat/m-p...

Papaye salad from Thailand:

20170714_200823 (2).jpg

Pizza nutella from Italy:

20160723_142541.jpg

Indian food from Dubai:

20170728_132742.jpg

Asado from Agentina (made in France):

IMG_7156 (2).jpg

Scallop with garlic butter:

ScalopScalop

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/FOOD-LOVERS-CLUB/m-p/633175/highlight/tr...

Here are photos of Thai food!

IMG_1566.JPG20170706_171540 (2).jpg20170714_191911 (2).jpg20170717_131859.jpg20170706_165725 (3).jpg

A+

Jul

Connect Moderator

Hi @EmekaUlor

thanks for tagging me. It is surprising how, every day, our planet is much more global.

Even in the small town where I live, I can find Mexican, Japanese, Chinese, Argentinian, Indian, Ethiopian food, and more.

Food exchange is one of the most powerful way of friendship and culture exchange, so I am not surprised to find an Italian Restaurant in Changsha, or a Cinese restaurant in San Francisco

Thanks @KarenVChin for guiding me in exploring food

Ermes

Former Google Contributor

@Julien44 and @EmekaUlor - You have both shared some wonderful pictures. Excellent work and i'm sure your stomachs were thankful as well!

@ErmesT and @KarenVChin - I haven't had Chinese food for a month now (i'm on week 4 of 6 of the Whole Life Challenge.  Once it's over, i'll be back at my favorite Chinese food spot making up for lost time.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Connect Moderator

Interesting lifestyle challenge @BruceDM. Has it been easy or a real challenge?

I successfully did the 30 day 1 gallon water challenge in January. Had great skin. Lost a few pounds.

It would be hard to give up dim sum though.

Caption: @Ermest eating braised chicken feet, City View Restaurant, San Francisco, CA. Photo: Karen V ChinCaption: @ErmesT eating braised chicken feet, City View Restaurant, San Francisco, CA. Photo: Karen V Chin

Caption: Dim Sum is life, City View Restaurant, San Francisco. Photo: Karen V ChinCaption: Dim Sum is life, City View Restaurant, San Francisco. Photo: Karen V Chin

Ask @ermest. I ordered for us my go-to dim sum favorites.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@KarenVChinoh! Thanks for this photo. I see @ErmesT having mouthful already. Makes me hungry.

Your tip on water challenge is interesting. I take a lot of water, maybe I should have a targeted quantity per day/month. It may help this sunny season.

Thanks for sharing.

Connect Moderator

@BruceDMReally, it was a nice experience. I just got to know about the Whole Life Challenge. Maybe I can take it up too.

Thanks for sharing.

xoxo

Emeka

Former Google Contributor

@KarenVChin - It is hard if you stick to it fully (which I haven't).  There are 7 daily challenges and some of them have come pretty naturally for me but being completely disciplined on food and drink choices is the hardest part.  I promised myself I would at the very least avoid Chinese food and I have been able to do that for the most part.  The good news is that I have certainly made better choices as a whole.

@EmekaUlor - I would recommend doing it with a few friends as the challenge involves a points tracking system and it offers the chance for some healthy competition.

I am not available to respond on the weekend
Connect Moderator

@BruceDMthank you for the advice. I'll work on this. The website has detailed information too.

Looks tough but doable. 🙂