SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

An unexpected visit to Lalbagh Botanical Garden

Hi wonderful Local Guides !

I am Mohammed Salmaan Nawaz from India. I am going to share about my experience on an unexpected visit to Lalbagh Botanical Garden. I am sure that my friend, @BishowvijayaP know why my visit was unexpected. Today(11 Jan 2018), I was about to go to my class but reaching near to my institute I founded that I was nearly an hour late to my class due to heavy traffic. So right there I decided to plan my day to visit somewhere and I chose Lalbagh Botanical Garden to visit since I was planning to visit it from a long time. Guess what, I opened Google Maps and reached Lalbagh Botanical Garden with the help of it.

Places to visit in Lalbagh Botanical Garden..Places to visit in Lalbagh Botanical Garden..

I got entry fee and I was so excited to visit it. There is a small hill inside and I visited it. Then I saw The Nurserymen Co-Operative Limited(a wing of Horticulture Department) and I went inside. I was so amazed on seeing the numerous flowers, plants and I was like Wow. On seeing that much different types of flowers, @ErmesT first came in my mind. 

Eye catching flowers..Eye catching flowers..Me with beautiful flowers..Me with beautiful flowers..

Different types of plants..Different types of plants..

After taking number of photos, I decided to move to next spot. Then I seen Bonsai Park inside the garden and I visited it. I get to see different types of plants and its age displayed in it. I founded World's Tallest Earthen Pot, The Melting Pot of Culture represents the culture of Nature.

The Melting Pot of Culture..The Melting Pot of Culture..

Then I took some photos of flowers on the way and I continued my walk. I seen number of big trees and a lawn. There are some shops inside the Garden for visitors to buy snacks. There is a facility to pay for a trip to travel inside the Botanical Garden where visitors get to travel in a electric vehicle to have an overview of Garden. I bought an ice cream and had a break sitting near to lawn inside. Then on continuing my walk, I seen Glass House of Lalbagh Botanical Garden described as presently used to conduct flower shows twice a year in Jan 26th and Aug 15th which is on the eve of Republic and Independence day of India.

Glass House..Glass House..

I seen a tallest tree near to Glass House which just mesmerized me.

Tallest Tree..Tallest Tree..

Then on my walk, I founded a lake which added much more joy to my visit. It is described as it was established during the year 1760 and it has spread over 30 acres which includes an island of 2 acres in the center of Lake.

Me at Lalbagh Lake..Me at Lalbagh Lake..

I took some great shots in Lake. It has been around three hours I came here, I decided to end up my visit since I was little tired and decided to continue the remaining places to visit of Lalbagh Botanical Garden some other day. I enjoyed the visit much which was an unexpected visit. I am sure that my life became much adventurous from the day I joined the Local Guides Program so thank you Local Guides Team for making my days memorable. I hope you all enjoyed reading my experience on my visit. I am sure many of my unexpected visits will be coming in the upcoming days and I am waiting to share it with you. I thank some of my wonderful friends and moderators, @TraciC@OSAMA@HelloSamsonR@NareshDarji@ShafiulB@AkmalB@IlankovanT@DavidTito, JustineOBrien, Umashankar, Osaka and others. 

Photo Album - https://photos.app.goo.gl/1qofzaZMKcuRVxKL2

Check out my video recap on this visit below

Take care. Happy Guiding !

Vellore Local Guides
33 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: An unexpected visit to Lalbagh Botanical Garden

Oh @SalmaanN, no one with five pethals? (haha, just kidding).

Thank you so much for this post, so today I can say, thanks to the heavvy traffic.

Wonderful post, the photos in the album are perfectly showing how the garden is, so I want to show you a trick. Dou you know that you can add text to your album, so to create a kind a mini blog? (that means no photo limit). Look at this one, made by my menthor @KarenVChinhttps://photos.app.goo.gl/mDpWTUnpPxdnTTD82

Thanks again for sharing but remember, I'm waithing for a 5 pethals flower.

Sincerly

Ermes

Connect Moderator

@SalmaanN, I love walking through botanical gardens. Your garden has so many flowers and cactus that you can find were I live in California and in Hawaii and Mexico!

I see roses, anthuriums, poinsettias, geraniums, and chrysanthemums (including what is in your Google Photos album).   

Can you share who founded Lalbagh Botanical Garden. Was it very crowded? How much does it cost to visit?

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Very nice botanical garden and pictures @SalmaanN thanks for sharing.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Hey bro @SalmaanN, my comment is expected one. hahahaha

As mentioned in previous comments by @ErmesT, @NareshDarji & @KarenVChin your post is nice, everything is fine and informative for me.

I know the beauty attracts everyone and especially the natural beauty not only attracts but also diverts the path of Mr. @SalmaanN😀😁

Now I am dreaming that I could plant a series of flowers on both sides of roads from there (your place) to here (my place) so that you would unknowingly join me. 😉

Thanks for sharing the inside of Lalbagh Botanical Garden.

Finally, I liked the name 'Lalbagh' very much.

(Lal = red, Bagh = garden) 😍

Connect Moderator

@SalmaanN Hi !! Thanks for tag me here my friend. 

I like your story writing as an one man army meetup hoster.

This is a complete or informative post ...

My friend it seems you missed my last 2 topic on connect . If you want you can visit and comment there .

01 or 02 

Happy Guiding !!   

Level 8

Hi @ErmesT.

I am glad to hear such a great comments from you. Here is a flower with five pedal IMG_20180111_115349.jpg

It was very difficult to find the flower with five pedal in my album and I even thought to visit it again to capture flower with five pedal. 😁 But luckily found it. 😊 And thanks for sharing the link about making like mini blog in photos. I will check it, bro. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Thanks for your comments, @KarenVChin. Lalbagh Botanical Garden created by Mysore ruler, Hyder Ali in 16th century and was developed further by Tipu Sultan( son of Hyder Ali)and he developed Lalbagh Horticulture. Lalbagh spread across 40acres. The entry fee for visitors is Rs.20/- per person for age above 12 years. And camera is allowed inside for an extra charge of Rs.50/-.

It is not much crowded but we can see more visitors mainly in weekends and less in week days. 

On seeing your expertise in flowers, I am sure you will visit here someday. Thanks again. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

You are most welcome, dear @NareshDarji, bro. I am glad you like it. 🙂

@NareshDarji wrote:

Very nice botanical garden and pictures @SalmaanN thanks for sharing.

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Honestly, @BishowvijayaP bro. Your words are magical. And you are right, I always prefer natural beauty especially when I am late to my classes 😁😁. On my visit to Nepal, I will first come to meet you, bro. Thank you so much for your beautiful comments, bro !

Vellore Local Guides