ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: Summer Holiday - Where do you go? - Share your photos

@ErmesT, first your photos are like looking at tranquil picturesque postcards. Secondly, stop posting here on Connect and enjoy your vacation! Relax, unwind, drink wine and eat delicious food.  = )

Post when you come back!

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Hahaha @KarenVChin

KarenVChin wrote:

Throughout the island, wild chickens, in particular roosters, are all over the place. If you stay with locals, they start crowing around 3:30 am!! Not so peaceful during the wee hours. The birds start around 5 am! 

Here in the Sibillini mountains the wolves starts to howls at 4.00 am. 

If you are not used to (and I'm not) it is impressive 

Connect Moderator

Bueno es verdad, los mosquitos son un problema pero un poco de repelente soluciona el problema, a la noche refresca @KarenVChin, pero durante el día es húmedo, en verano estamos en época de lluvias. El paisaje y la tranquilidad soluciona todo 🙂

Level 9

@KarenVChin Thank you 

we learn something new form you even from simple Reply , 'lanai' , don't worry about me when it's sleeping time its just dropping Mobile phone and sleep like a baby , you know Connect all the time until sleep 😁😁😁👍

Or the best way is to sleep at the sleeping time of the birds and wake up with 😁

I think this is the way of local there 👍😁

@KarenVChin wrote:

@OSAMA, the view is from the "lanai" (Hawaii word for covered patio, porch or balcony) of the condo resort that I like to stay at. The sounds of the birds and cicadas can be as loud as car traffic noise!

Throughout the island, wild chickens, in particular roosters, are all over the place. If you stay with locals, they start crowing around 3:30 am!! Not so peaceful during the wee hours. The birds start around 5 am! 

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Haha @ErmesT, Sunday night we heard a few coyotes howling faintly around midnight.  At least three.  Kinda soothing in sound.  We have to keep pets indoors at night for obvious reasons. = )

Wolves would definitely sound impressive. 

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@FaridTDF - I am human bug bait!  = ) No need for citronella sprays or candles if I am around.  I am the magnet.

Cheers, 

Karen 

Connect Moderator

Hi @KarenVChin, @OSAMA, @TraciC, ok (even if really it wasn't a rest, but a full immersion of life)

Now, back from my 4 days in Sibillini Mountains, I want to show you something.

Castelluccio di Norcia is a strange area. Now Castelluccio is a famous place (more than in the past) because completely destroyed by the earthquake.

To have the possibility to visit Castelluccio entering from Castelsantangelo sul Nera has been a big present that a friend gave us (the road still closed). We had to do it very quickly, so most of the photos were taken from the car window's.

Visiting the Castelluccio's Plain in August is like landing on Mars.

Here a preview

DSC02450.jpg

and here the album for you to enjoy.

I'm inviting a friend to this post, @Anonymous. (do you understand, Nando, what I mean?)

Ermes

Level 9

THE PLACE IS VERY BEAUTIFUL , AND AM SORRY FOR THE BUILDINGS ON THE PHOTOS @ErmesT 

Connect Moderator

Red Blades (Lame Rosse)

Lame Rosse is a strange place, a piece of Arizona Desert in the middle of Sibillini Mountains. 1:15 hours walk's from the Fiastra dam, it is very easy to reach following a very easy track. (well, with 38°C is a bit harder).

The landscape is completely unusual for Italy.

Lame RosseLame Rosse

If you like to see more, follow the link to the album

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Thanks @OSAMA, this is the situations now in that area. We can cry, or we can start to do something. I've decided to spend my short holiday in here, to se how we can help.

One of the way is to share the beauty of the area, and this I'm doing.

Ermes