Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

My story I introduce myself to you

Dear friends 

dears moderators 

dears Googlers   

and the friends  who follow me 

I'm GIO ', I'm from 1966, I'm passionate about photography since 1974, I take pictures from 1974 to 1990 with cameras of the past, from 1990 to 2007 I use a Canon camera, from 2007 to 2014 I use a Nikon digital camera, from 2014 to 2017 I use the camera of the Ipad Air 2, from 2017 to today I use the camera of the Samsung Galaxy S 8, have always been fond of trains and railways, railway modeling, and technical and landscape issues, since 1982 drawing three-dimensional city with only the 'use of the 20 cm ruler and a ballpoint pen on smooth sheets 50 x 70, pure invention artistic vein, the three-dimensional 3D is my passion that I report creatively and graphically on drawing paper, I drew and colored continuously until 2005 era in which I took the pc because of a change of work. Internet changes my way of living, on the professional profile I make big steps forward, in the profile of interests and hobbies I do the same, when I design the port cranes, the internet images are useful to make them perfectly represented compared to what I did not before of 2005; as well as the facades of the buildings of my cities invented at random as it is born in 2008 my round the world without itinerary, another epochal change of my life: the arrival of Street View ...

Exploring and traveling the world in one life is impossible, but with Street View this concept became more and more ... it's possible! ...
Maybe not meter by meter, but from 2008 to today with SV I have traveled a lot, but not yet be able to say I completed the tour of the world and now I do another ... it is very important this program SV .. I do not I could live without SV now my life is set that every day compatibly with work commitments and private, I walk thousands of miles with a full screen PC and mouse along the darts of navigation and every day I see so many new things ... 

For some time I thought to share these images screenshots of places of general interest (tourism, culture, customs, tradition, history, technology ...) with the people of the web and in fact in 2015 I opened a dedicated page on Facebook that had little success, in how much did not take the audience that could understand / appreciate the contents, but did not disperse I continued my round the world with SV as well as a normal daily activity, including important holidays.  

In my professional career I worked as an assistant to complex construction sites (motorways, railways, maritime works, medium-large pipes) from 1987 to 1993, and from 1993 to 2013 I was a commercial consultant for 20 consecutive years. 

Since 2013 I am a web consultant (websites, e-commerce, app, communication, marketing, development) and passionate about My Business products since 2015, I use the PC since 2005 to today with quite high computer skills (I'm not a programmer), with the arrival of the program "look at the interior" my passion for Street View strengthened, my laps were in the streets and in the commercial activities of the whole world, I can never forget a candy emporium in South America! 

From November 2017 I downloaded the Street View app and I started doing 50 spheres (to date I have published and approved 70) to obtain the Certificate Photographer Badge that I obtained a few months ago, to date I have not proposed the sale of any no virtual tour because I also started studying Adwords and other Google products as well as implementing other business arguments with lead generation and more. 

From the end of the year 2017 I am enrolled in the Local Guides program, to date I am at level 9 almost 10 because I have little more than 90000 points and all Master badges, only the photographer badge is Easperto, but it is a matter of little time now to become a Master.
As LG I can say that I have done many to get to level 9 as I followed the guidelines and today I have only changed the way to review following some tutorials of Local Guides on You Tube I'm just refining my way of review:
detailed reviews
accompanied by photos and videos. 

The goal is to reach level 10 and continue with the same philosophy of current review, giving the readable maximum information so that he can freely choose a location / store or other by deciding on a wealth of useful information. 

To become a Certified Photographer and to solve problems related to technical connectivity of the program such as loss of LG points or other, I have to publicly thank three people who have been very supportive and who will never stop thanking: 

@LucioV 

@VicL1

and @ErmesT  which made me solve a technical problem related to the ceiling of images that can be uploaded to the Connect (you can not upload more than 1000 images per user) and since I was recently SVT I was advised to publish the SV directly. 

This is because my passion for Street View for some time gave me an idea: share with the community of Connect the places that during my rounds in the world with SV with the PC and mouse, attract my attention and could be of general interest, places that reflect individually settings that can be of common interest represented today in every single thread that I have opened. 

The threads that I have opened take up many aspects of the world in which the peoples of different countries live, there are architectural sectors that are subdivided into subsections (many years ago I worked several years in highway, railway, maritime, river works and bank defense constructions , drilling, construction of viaducts, tunnels, tunnels, excavations and earthmoving, great passion also for construction vehicles, and then still excavations for aqueducts and piping, even medium-large ... a passion in the passion) and therefore the architectural and construction is very broad, in the sense that the construction and construction sector is a single thread while the architectural types are divided into other threads that differentiate a building style Gothic example from the type of an alpine village in stone and wood. 

Other threads are dedicated for example to people in the world (non-public children or families with children, rather I make frequent reports of images that must be blurred) people are the people who live the earth, a different people in every nation, different for styles of life, culture, tradition, history, it is endless to discover and know the multitudes of types of people in the world and enriches me culturally, and so many other things like vehicles, or landscapes, various types of landscapes even singularly the difference between a forest in Canada and one in Bavaria. 

the number of threads is high but do not load SV every day because the upload of the single thread depends on the lap I do with SV, yesterday I visited Osaka in Japan on the suggestion of @Anonymous , today I will go for a tour in Spain where the activity of my friend is based @HUMBERTO_V , every day I also publish SV from Italy from where I write and live. 

My threads are like many boxes where when I find an interesting SV for example the van of a courier DHL and a truck carrying boulders from the river, the courier van goes in a specific thread dedicated to couriers and logistics around the world, the truck that carries the boulders from the river (being the construction sector) goes in the thread of the construction sites and construction means.  

If a person is walking on a street in Rome he goes in the thread of the people around the world if another person is on a coast guard patrol boat goes in the thread that tells the emergency vehicles and the uniforms with their colors and the means of emergency in the world. 

For example, many threads are almost empty, contain fewer than 5 SV published, some only one, some zero, because if in my journey without itinerary I can not find something to publish, not the public and the thread can remain empty even for a very long time ... depends on where I go and what I see, today in the land of @HUMBERTO_V I have no idea what I'll see, every day I say: if I'm lucky I'll meet the Google car to which I dedicated a special thread where in addition to the cars there are other SV instruments installed to photograph landscapes in the snow or in water or railway lines (example the Google Collection RHB) 

And for more knowledge of how to do what you can do with the SV tools I also have to thank: 

@Vvincent 

@davidcox 

and @PaulPavlinovich that moved me the threads in Photo and Discoveries and sent me a link to a beautiful miniature railway in scale 0, an outdoor railway that carries people, families, amusement park type, but that also links some places, where SV has done a Virtual Tour by installing the camera on a railway wagon. 

To which I thank you for reading, I wanted to talk to me, because you will often see my threads are happy with the Connect because I found a place of happy sharing and cultural enrichment (from each of you every day I learn new things) from today in this thread I will write the name of the friend / aa to whom my daily lap will be dedicated with SV and then I will thank you in a special thread that I created that is the thanks Google Connect friend in which I will write you two words for the places you have me made known ... 

thanks to all even the untagged, I embrace you all from my heart,

I finish my job and then I start the tour in Spain almost at the border with France.

if any of you do not receive my kudoes in real time know that I put them there anyway with the smartphone as I have a problem of command communication of the mouse. Thanks also to the kudoes you gave me and see you soon ...

good day...

GIO '.

251 comments
Level 10

Re: My story I introduce myself to you

@BakulMehta 

@YasumiKikuchi 

@ValeriaA_ 

@Rezgar

@John2boyz 

@BishowvijayaP 

@JohnnyE 

@TorM

@N4speed77 

@Akhmadsss 

Dear Connect friends present who more 'less than in my posts where I publish the SV of the world, I invite you to read the post I just published, in which I describe better who I am and why of my threads.

the link is: 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/My-story-I-introduce-myself-to-you/m-p/8...
Connect Moderator

Hi @Gio51x that wasn't a miniature railway, that was a real one that people ride on every day 🙂 www.puffingbilly.com.au

Mate, I know you're enthusiastic and I welcome and encourage that, but please please please don't tag me all the time

Capture.PNG

on this post alone 7 notifications in only a few minutes...

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

Thank you @Gio51x for letting us know a bit more about you

I am very well aware of your daily exploration of the world with the use of Street View, even if I am not responding / replying to all posts, due to a lack of time.

In a recent article that we wrote about Google Maps and Street view, our definition was: "Street view as a witness of memory". You wonder why?

Well, it seems that not everybody is aware of the "history" funuction. A kind of time machine, that I love to explore when a have time.

Try to explore this image in Street view, moving back to 2011. It will be interesting to see how it change

Or this one, to see how in nine year nothing is changed

Ermes 

Level 10

@PaulPavlinovich 

if I repeat the post sharing it to make it read to those who follow me every day and gives me the kudoes, being there your name is the post that multiplies the tag even if I in the content in which I wrote about you and the railroad, I appointed you once? Because I posted the post only once, now I was in Spain with SV.

is the sharing of the post ie publish the link: 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Share-Your-Photos-and/My-story-I-introduce-myself-to-you/m-p/8...

even if addressed to 10 people of the Connect in the only fact that inside I have nominated you can be as re-tagged another 10 times? 

anyway thanks the same waiting for another railway like that of the other time.

many greetings

Gio '.

Level 10

Dear friend 

@ErmesT 

thanks for your SV and what you taught me in the use of Connect,
know this string function in the upper left corner with the sign of the clock in which you can see the same SV of previous times and indeed it is a very important thing to know a place today as it is and also know what it was like after an urban transformation or as in the most serious cases after catastrophic events see our Italian example of the recent earthquakes, SV is useful for a new map, for example, I saw with great regret the ancient city walls pulverized and knowing deeply the various construction systems I understood that the earthquake was very strong (even towards 8.5-9 by Richter).
Regarding your SV are very interesting the first one sees that there was a factory (another my passion industrial archeology .... you gave me another idea); and the second the phases of the construction process reminds me of Turin and the railway pass 1988 -2018 still to be completed in part, those that are not seen because they are under the city,
today I will also take a tour in these two locations ....

I would like to write for Street View, my passion and the advantages that the program that everyone uses, but not all know all the aspects and functionality, such as this function to go back in time, I do it out of curiosity, how it was and how it is today.   

GIO'. 

Level 9

Thank you @Gio51x

for your mind-blowing introduction. We got a great person in the connect forum. Hope you will share your experiences with us and we can learn a lot from you.

Level 10

@AbdullahAM 

thanks to you who are present in my posts.

Level 10

@ErmesT 

@LucioV 

@AbdullahAM 

@Anonymous 

@BakulMehta

@VicL1

@HUMBERTO_V 

@TorM 

@ValeriaA_ 

@Sariga  

Good morning everyone and goodnight to those who are already night, today I'm about to resume my journey with Street View, destination Bruges in Belgium, a small town called the Venice of northern Europe, a city suggested to me by a person outside the Connect who is excited about my tour without itinerary, enthusiasm of strong intensity I read it also from your kudoes and participation in these temporary journeys where then I collect SV of general interest in the places where I go.  

why do I travel without itinerary?
it's a question a director of an Italian newspaper made me a week ago.

I make this trip since 2008 because Street View is a program that has changed my life for the better, improving it, enriching my culture, traveling the whole world in one life is impossible ... with Street View this concept of travel becomes .. possible! 

every day I will write in this thread the reasons, the personal enrichment that I had and I have, and all the advantages that Street View offers ... lived by me both in front of the PC and away from home with the smartphone ...

hello friends of Connect, thanks for being there ...

Level 10

departure for Bruges from my city, Turin, which was once the capital of Italy, here Vittorio Veneto square, adjacent to the historic center and close to the famous river Po the longest in Italy.