StephenAbraham's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Removing tripod or self from the nadir of a 360 photo using Snapseed

This probably has been shared at least a few times by others previously in Connect. I was responding to a post and made a short video on how to remove the tripod or yourself from the nadir of a 360 photo. Since I made it anyways, I thought I might as well share it as a post. 

This is a short video on how to use Snapseed (free app) on your phone to remove the tripod or yourself from a 360 photo.  Video is in portrait. Best to view in YouTube client in portrait orientation. Have fun. 
Whilst this may not be a perfect way, (I tend to go back to Photoshop on Desktop for edits), this is a free and easy way to do it without needing licensed software.

For removing in a more professional way, using Photoshop, please refer to this post

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Photography/GUIDE-Removing-or-cloning-out-the-tripod-on-a-THET...

The video was to reply to the post below

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Italiano/hiding-camera-and-tripod-form-photos/m-p/684012/highl...

Tagging some friends who may want to share/reuse this video: @Haseeb@LucioV@DavidTito .. feel free to share/tag others who may find this useful.

17 comments
Level 9

Re: Removing tripod or self from the nadir of a 360 photo using Snapseed

@StephenAbraham,

Thank you for this awesome post. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing this useful information @StephenAbraham

It's very useful for new STV photographers. You are always inspired us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@NareshDarji @deepakjhic Thanks for your kind words always.. Do share or tag people who may benefit from this. And save the link in case someone needs this in the future. 🙂

Connect Moderator

You are most welcome @StephenAbraham

Hello friends have look this post.

@BishowvijayaP please read this thread it's very useful for you. 

@RupendraNeupane @Surendra @iDepp  @ayaan @NarenChandra @NirajBhusal

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

I will try it @NareshDarji. Thanks for this informative post @StephenAbraham.

Level 7

Thanks this is really great if you dont have any pro edit software.

keep up the good work 🙂

We come into this world with our eyes closed
And most of us choose to live their whole lives that way
Level 8

@NareshDarji thanks for the tag,  really helpful post @StephenAbraham

Level 10

Thanks, @StephenAbraham, great way to quickly get rid of the tripod or self. Certainly the result also depends on the floor / ground you are standing. I tried it with a panorama that was taken in a room with wooden floor (and on top of it, arranged in a pattern) so obviously the result is not as nice as on your photo. If I am on a grassy ground, it can even be much better of course.

Level 8

@StephenAbraham that's a nice presentation  I've never used snap seed but from there does this mean it will be automatically saved bach to camera roll because I'm wondering how I'm going to get back to the Street View app to upload it like you have shown