RupendraNeupane's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

MY JOURNEY AS A LOCAL GUIDE - Rupendra Neupane

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth. - Muhammad Ali (British Boxer)

Hello world!  This is Rupendra Neupane, Level 7 (Almost landed to Level 😎 Local Guide and Street View Trusted Photographer from Kathmandu, Nepal.

Talking about Local Guide life, by my contributions I enjoy helping to improve features in Google maps. Doing so I hope to help millions of people in their daily life whenever and wherever they travel with the assurance that they can rely on provided information.  I also use to take part in different meetups and host some so that it can help to form strong community bonding between the local guides and motivates the new fellows. I believe that meetup events provide us a platform to share problems, experiences and knowledge, and has direct impact on real world. Through meetups people, society and communities can be aware and take many benefits.

Talking about other life, I am freelancer. I enjoy travelling and exploring new places. I love outdoor sports and the most favorite one is the football. You can find me happy most of the time, I focus on living in present because past is already past, and outcomes of future rely on present deeds. So stay cool and enjoy your life at present to the fullest.Local Guide ProfileLocal Guide ProfileStreet View ProfileStreet View Profile

Let’s do some serious talk:

What I learned from Local Guide Program?

After joining local guide program I have the habit of using google map and I can properly navigate places using google map. I learned to Add/Edit places, Insert reviews and photographs, and maintain accuracy of information in google map. Previously I didn’t have good photo taking skills but now my photographic skills are good, I feel. Taking 360 photo was a wonder to me, now I can take good 360 photographs easily. I have habit of using Local Guides Connect, write posts and reply to the posts.

What I achieved from Local Guide Program?

My greatest achievement is being someone from no one. I got new way of enjoying life and the new path to help people. Some of my rememberable achievements are below:

• Recognition as a Google Local Guide
  • Listed as Street View Trusted Photographer (SVTP)
  • Earned love and support from the wonderful Local Guides from different corner of the globe
  • Strong network and link up with the people
  • And most importantly, source of inspiration and role model for some of my nearest and dearest.
  • Self-Satisfaction and happiness
  • Platform to showcase my talent
    • I had designed t-shirt for Nepal Local Guides community and I feel grateful that the community accepted my design and printed first Nepal Local Guide T-Shirt. And this gives me happiness that my skill is showcased.
      LGTEE.fw.png

•  I would like to thank @ErmesT for the initiative of #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld Campaign. For the campaign a global logo design competition was announced and I also joined the competition. Though the logo that I had designed didn’t get selected but I feel really lucky to show my talent to the world and learn from elders and experts.
        Local Guide Contest: a logo for a new project
             Local Guides Clean The World Logo designed by meLocal Guides Clean The World Logo designed by me

I wish I could do

This is the story of every under developing country that everything is developing slowly day by day .Technology is also growing day by day in Nepal. While talking about google maps there are still many things to do in Nepal. Places, business, landmarks, alleys, roads and others are not added properly. When people open map and try to navigate place they come up with no road, no addition of place and sometimes even there presence of road where there is no road physically present. That’s why people still think twice before using maps.  All these problems may or may not arise in city area or the area where there is focus of all people but think about the remote area and places.

I wish:

• To go to remote places and at least try to solve the errors and problems mentioned above.
  • To make google maps more accurate and precise
  • To create habit in people to use google map and insist them to improve it
  • To aware people about technology and use of it in daily life.

Let’s have some fun and share my experiences and journey

My first meetup, journey started as Local Guide

Unlike others, I have different story joining local guides. I was unaware about my first meetup. As I was attending other program I knew about the Local Guide Meetup nearby and joined meetup as well as Local Guide for the first time. From that incident I became Local Guide.

First Local Guides Meetup

Date: January 30, 2016 | Venue: Bhaktapur Durbar Square, Bhaktapur

My first international meetup

There were very few Local Guides from Nepal to join South Asia Local Guides Meetup in Darjeeling and I was one of the attendee to represent Nepal. Meetup was held in two different venues and we attended in Darjeeling. I still feel pleased to meet other local guides from Nepal, India, Bangladesh and Sri-Lanka and it was great moment to share my experiences and learn from others.

SEA Meetup with Local Guides from Nepal,Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and IndiaSEA Meetup with Local Guides from Nepal,Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and India

South Asia Meetup

Date: March 23-29, 2017 | Venue: Kolkata and Darjeeling

Recap Part 1 | Recap Part 2

My first Meetup hosting

It was wonderful experience to host a photo walk in the UNESCO world heritage site, Swayambhunath. I would like to thank all attendees for helping me in making my first meetup successful.

Swayambhunath Meetup

Date: December 2, 2017 | Venue: Swayambhunath, Kathmandu

Recap

Some of other meetups that I have attended

Patan Photo Walk

International Month of Monuments

Basantapur Photo Walk

World Wide Geo Walk Taudaha

Kathmandu Food Crawl Meetup

Thamel Amble World Wide PhotoWalk

World Wide Review Hour

First SVTP Meetup Patan

Patan Water Walk - Earth Day

Some of my posts on Connect

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Modifying-Driving-Directions/m-p/179796

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Font-Used-in-Local-Guide/m-p/538595#M148439

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Place-added-not-appearing-in-maps/m-p/32732...

Some of my photos

Basantapur Photo WalkBasantapur Photo WalkTaking Photos: International Month of MonumentsTaking Photos: International Month of MonumentsDiscussion at First SVTP MeetupDiscussion at First SVTP Meetup

Me taking photo at Thamel AmbleMe taking photo at Thamel AmbleThamel AmbleThamel AmbleThamel AmbleThamel Amble

Kathmandu Food Crawl - "Bara"Kathmandu Food Crawl - "Bara"Kathmandu Food crawl group photoKathmandu Food crawl group photoWorld Wide Review Hour Group PhotoWorld Wide Review Hour Group Photo

Swayambhunath MeetupSwayambhunath Meetup

Its time to thank: 

I am grateful and would like to thank google for providing this wonderful platform and opportunity to be part of Local Guide Program and Local Guides Connect. I have learned a lot and achieved a lot. I hope I could help more people through Google maps and other tools and make their life easy as well as convenient. I would like to thank all my Local Guide friends, brothers, sisters, mentors and elders for staying by my side and help me and show me the right way.

Thank you so much 

@SovitaD , @Sarojdhakal@BishowvijayaP@LaxmiG1@Surendra@PushpendraKhadka@NirajBhusal , @OSAMA,@ErmesT@NunungAfuah ,@HelloSamsonR,@JustineOBrien ,@Sagir, @SalmaanN, @NareshDarji , @ValeriaAumasque, @DavidTito, @AnuradhaP, @Alejandra and other wonderful local guides i forgot to mention, 

for your support and help. I wish and pray that we will always stay as a LG family together.

With best regards,

Rupendra Neupane

28 comments
Level 9

Re: MY JOURNEY AS A LOCAL GUIDE - Rupendra Neupane

i enjoy reading your post bro @RupendraNeupane , many many thanks , wish one day to meet you 🙂 

Level 8

@OSAMA thank you for your time. Hope to see you too..

Level 7

Nice writeup @RupendraNeupane. After reading this, I can now say that true local guides have the same passion and motivation all over the world. Thumbs up and wish you all the best with your connect live application 

Level 10

@RupendraNeupane Nice post and Good Luck!!!

Level 10

wonderful! wonderful! @RupendraNeupane 😃

You are active, co-operative, highly motivated, supportive & Creative. I am not saying this but my experience.

It's been very happiest moment for me to work with you as a local guide.

Wish you all the best for connect live ! ✌

Level 10

I love this @RupendraNeupane, and thank you for sharing your achievements and what you've done for Nepal, for sure you'll be one of the people who'll tour me around Kathmandu. Keep on learning and growing in your experiences, and I'm stoked for what's next. Wishing you the best for Connect Live, perhaps I'll see you there brother!

Level 10

Hello @RupendraNeupane

Very nice application dear. Wishing you all the best.

bhupal shrestha
Level 8

@Charleybaits thank you very much for your kind words bro. And thank you for reading my post. 

Level 8

@AnuradhaP bro thank you for your time to read my post..