cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

Highlighted
GusMoreira Level 5
Level 5

IMG_0055.jpg

The world is a big and dynamic place — as it evolves, our goal is to keep the information on Google Maps as fresh and accurate as possible.

In order to do that, Local Guides submit edits to ensure their communities are accurately represented. Sometimes, an edit you have submitted may appear as Pending or Not Applied.

Many of you have asked why your edit is shown that way, so we wanted to share more information with you how edits are reviewed and why they may appear as such.

Every edit submitted to Google Maps is either reviewed by an automated systems, local operators, or both, to ensure changes follow our guidelines.

If we are not sure the edit is accurate, it may be listed as Denied. If your edit status is listed as Pending, it means we need to take a closer look at the information, which can take some time to verify through our staff and other users through "Check the Facts".

Don’t take it personally.

If your edit is denied, this doesn’t mean you are a bad mapper (unless you are trying to spam the map!) — we may not be familiar with the region you are mapping and need more information to be confident the edit is accurate. Simply collect more information and suggest another edit.

Thank you for helping to keep Google Maps fresh and accurate for the millions of people who rely on your information when they’re exploring the world.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages.
Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
29 comments
Connect Moderator
Connect Moderator

Re: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? the right one ??

Hi @SATHISH,

thanks for sharing with us (part of) this useful post made by @GusMoreira.

Why don't just share, or give a comment about the original one,(https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Mapping-Your-World/Why-is-my-edit-status-Pending-or-Not-Applie...)

that is pinned at the beginning of the "mapping your world" board?

why.JPG

please read the terms  of Google, that are linked at the bottom of every page of Connect, with particular attention of the "copyright" section.

Then please review your post, to meet the terms.

To review your post, click on the three black dots on the right top of your post, then click on "edit message"

Edit1.JPG

Thanks for your attention

Ermes

NFN Level 8
Level 8

Re: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied? the right one ??

Maybe because we can't reply to the original message?

I still call an abnormality in the system!  How can a single guide go around in South africa changing multiple shopping centres detals/name/emails to FNB ATM....and it gets applied? 

Thats just 🐂🐾!

Then when I try to correct it I get hit with a pending or denied email?

Why doesnt the "system" pic up a serial spammer? Its bloody obvious for a human to pickup but a algorithm cant?   

Give us high level guides the power to or ask us to go check info in our area.

evancp Level 8
Level 8

@GusMoreira@GeorgesHR I read this post "Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?" but the problem is your own map showing the correct name of a City and still the edit is denying. My suggestion is that you can verify it through Indian community guides. In this below image you can see that everywhere city name is mapping as Pachora and I am suggesting the same name but its not working. How can I change this? I am new local guide if I am going wrong then please let me know. Thanks 

https://www.google.co.in/maps/place/Pachora,+Maharashtra+424201/@20.6673664,75.3426162,15z/data=!4m5...2132.JPG

Rezgar Level 9
Level 9

Re: Why is my edit status Pending or Not Applied?

Hi @evancp

Your aswer is here.
Please read it.

Connect Moderator
Connect Moderator

Hi @evancp

It is not possible to edit Names of cities and roads.

If you find something wrong in it, press the hamburger icon of the app, then choose " send a feedback" and select the most appropriate option

Ermes

Jai_banna Level 5
Level 5

when correct or edit and add missing place any detail maximum time always direct place status shows Not Applied 

Tags (1)
Venance Level 10
Level 10

Hi @Jai_banna

The program is growing very fast because of the number of LG in the world .

So you need to be more patient than before .

Also you need to update your application Google maps.

Connect Moderator
Connect Moderator

Hello,

If Google could trust everyone to always make good edits then there would never be denials, but unfortunately those that purposely or innocently add bad data have resulted in the need for filters.  Sometimes those filters will give a false positive, and sometimes those filters kick in due to you unknowingly violating a rule.  You can read more in this pinned post.

In addition to the advice given there, you also have the option of providing all the data including exact GPS location, any existing POI, and exactly what data you were trying to add or edit.  With that mapping experts can look it over and let you know if there are obvious and/or likely issues that you can fix in your next attempt.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Top Contributor, Map Maker TC, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Connect Moderator
Connect Moderator

@BoydK,

If you seek answers to what might be occurring, introducing obvious non-contributory issues to the discussion does not help at all.

If you'd actually like help then the offer has been made for you to post all the details of some edits so that the mapping experts in this forum can make suggestions.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Top Contributor, Map Maker TC, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages