MarinSt's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Introduce Yourself - August 2018

Hello everyone!

Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to our community.

As “Introduce Yourself” threads can be lengthy, we start a new one each month and lock past threads. You can check past threads, like July's, to see who recently joined and where they’re from (simply search for "Introduce Yourself"). If you аre new, please use this thread to post your “I'm new” or “Hello world” posts. We’ll merge any posts we find elsewhere with this thread to keep things organized.

So I’ll kick off the August intros. 

1. Name: Marin
  2. Location: Sofia, Bulgaria, but originally from Troyan (small town in the Bulgarian mountains)
  3. What I love about being a Local Guide: I find Google Maps one of the most helpful apps that people nowadays use in many aspects of their daily activities. The fact that all the info I get from it is added by travellers and Local Guides like myself, motivates me to share my knowledge of places with everyone. If my contribution helps someone, it makes me very happy. And Connect - it is another level of collaboration, and I enjoy being here with all of you!
  4. My favorite thing to explore: In the recent years I have visited mostly common tourist places and cities with cultural or historical importance (museums, monuments, cathedrals, art houses, etc.). However, my all-time passion is nature and exploring wilderness, especially mountains, lakes and rivers. Exploring foreign cuisine is one of my travel goals, but further than that, at home I’m trying to reproduce whatever I’ve tasted during my travels. It’s never the same but I keep trying.
  5. Fun Fact about me: I like mixing my two hobbies - travelling and sports. So wherever I go, I bring some sport apparel and equipment with me for running, and find somebody to play tennis or football. In the winter I don’t usually go out of the city except for skiing. However, during the other seasons I like long distance cycling and exploring mountains by bike.  

See you around! 

Skiing in Rila mountain, Bulgaria.Skiing in Rila mountain, Bulgaria.

Biking in Stara Planina mountain, Bulgaria.Biking in Stara Planina mountain, Bulgaria.

Hiking in Rhodopes mountain, Bulgaria.Hiking in Rhodopes mountain, Bulgaria.

Sofia, Bulgaria
647 comments
Level 7

LETS MEET

IMG_20170404_155418.JPG

Level 5

Coburg Treffen

Hallo! Sind hier Coburger im local guide Forum?

Level 7

Re: Coburg Treffen

Hi @Petey Good to have you here. You may check out this link to learn more about how you can effectively use connect.

Cheers!

Level 5

visit as a local,Tel Aviv!

hi all local guides!

im itai, live in tel aviv, israel. 

im here to invite you guys to get in touch with any question, help or guidance you need in the best city of tel aviv! if its about places to travel, must seen, hangouts, foos and drinks ofcurse or any other question you want to know from a local, im here for you (:

IMG-20171117-WA0005.jpgScreenshot_20171229-140521.png20180130_172827.jpg

Level 4

Bangkok

I want introduce my self

I'm new here, I'm a Dutchmen, living for many years in Bangkok / Thailand

Running a Travel business and a Restaurant.

Level 7

Re: Bangkok

Welcome to Thailand. I m in Tak, north of Thailand.

Please LIKE and Subscribe MY Channel Here || http://www.youtube.com/c/ChernMaTak
Level 4

Hi I also in Bangkok. 

Level 4

Yes, I know where Tak is.

I lived before in the middle of Thailand, for 7 years in Phu-Wiang on the lake.

The named the village Pattaya Song (2)

Level 7

Local guide from Hungary

Hello, 

I'm Agnes.  Come and visit Hungary. 🙂 I could suggest you special and nice places. 🙂

Beautiful towns, places, buildings and people. 

If you like hiking, walking or running, I can suggest you competitions and events.

Be active and try the most things in my country. Ask me if you need help.

By the way, I have a small online marketing agency, so I'm very familiar with any online platform.

IMG_7204.JPGIMG_20170322_171810.jpg0-02-05-c46cecca23efa4f4178ee26774d9752010ead5bc2af2d2d29ecede9b591346c6_full.jpg0-02-05-2fa5200d440c20cae58a7b37471c8db51d242fe570965dc53849d77ab16f22d0_1c6d8fb288fc79.jpg