Charleybaits's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

[RECAP] Worldwide Photowalk Ogbomoso

Hi, Local Guides! This is a brief of our Worldwide Photowalk event in Ogbomoso, Oyo State Nigeria.

Background: The idea for the event was conceptualized by @AlejandraMaria during the local guides hangout chat. The motive for the Photowalk was to showcase the beauty of our cities to the world. We made a pre-event post then to spread awareness and to get more people to participate. You can check it out here.

My Motivation: Ever since I joined the local guides program, my motivating factor is to put my community on the global spotlight, and so I see the local guides program as a privilege to achieve this. Also, one fun thing I've enjoyed over time about hosting local guides event is that each time fellow motivated local guides gathered together more places are discovered and explored.

Event Date: 25/02/2018

Event Location: We had the event in Ogbomoso, a city in the Oyo state of Nigeria. 

Event Summary: The event was really a fun one. Four Local guides from Ogbomoso were present for the tour. And all arrived at the meeting point Takie Garage Ogbomoso. We quickly form two groups, each consist two people.  Each of the group walked on the different side of the road. Our aim was to explore the Takie street until we arrive at the most famous radio station in Ogbomoso called Parrot FM radio house. 

While moving down the street each group were spotting popular buildings and with a quick name search on the map to see if they already exist. If they have, we upload their beautiful pictures that follow best practices and if they have not, we then add the place on the map together with a good picture.   

During the tour, one thing I noticed was that most small shops along the street are not yet added, so we added them up, while we continue the stroll until we reach the radio house.

One of the thing that attracted us to want to explore the radio house was that, despite its popularity, none of us as a local guide has been there. So we see it as an opportunity to visit the radio house together. 

As we got to the radio house we introduce ourselves, not long after one the staff approached us to walk us around. We visited all their studios, get to see their garden, and also had the privilege to see the parrot named after the radio house. The local name for the parrot was  'Ayekoto' meaning people reject the truth.

We added the radio house on the map, recorded some videos and also take some selfie before we find our way to the restaurant.

It was a such an exciting Sunday, exploring our city and showcasing it to the world. Looking forward to our next meetup. @OSAMA @Osaka78forTRUMP @Justine2807 @HelloSamsonR @ErmesT @U-royFelixA @ValeriaA_ @Sagir @NareshDarji 

PS: Sorry for the late recap post. I've been quite engulfed with final year project in school. Will be a graduate in a short time 🙂 

Local Guides SelfieLocal Guides SelfieOdo-ru Baptist ChurchOdo-ru Baptist ChurchPhoto BombPhoto BombGroup PictureGroup PictureAt the radio station :)At the radio station 🙂This is the Ayekoto ParrotThis is the Ayekoto Parrot

21 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] Worldwide Photowalk Ogbomoso

Very very nice meetup bro @Charleybaits with great Members from your Community and all looks happy and smily 😁👍😁👍😁

Greetings from JORDAN 🙂

Level 10

@Charleybaits This is a great photowalk. Lost of palces added and new people meet up. I really like the radio walk. Must have been a cool experience to discoved this world.

We see nice smiles on your faces which is also great.

Was the parrot at the radio station?

I hope he wasn't otherwise he wouldn't stop speaking all the time 😉

Thanks for sharing

Jul

Connect Moderator

What a lovely meet up... @Charleybaits congratulations on a successful meet up.. 

I can see you guys had fun together.

Kind regards

Sagir..

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 9

I love that parrot in your picture @Charleybaits 🙂

Level 7

Thank you bro for your sweet comment @OSAMA. Ogbomoso Local Guides are always full of energy 

@OSAMA wrote:

Very very nice meetup bro @Charleybaits with great Members from your Community and all looks happy and smily 😁👍😁👍😁

Greetings from JORDAN 🙂

Level 7

@Julien44 Yes, it was such an exciting experience exploring our city. We discovered the radio house and the experience was worth it.

The parrot is at the radio house, it has been trained to only signal occasionally. I couldn't believe such a composure at first.

@Julienpaul44 wrote:

@Charleybaits This is a great photowalk. Lost of palces added and new people meet up. I really like the radio walk. Must have been a cool experience to discoved this world.

We see nice smiles on your faces which is also great.

Was the parrot at the radio station?

I hope he wasn't otherwise he wouldn't stop speaking all the time 😉

Thanks for sharing

Jul

Level 7

Thank you @Sagir, it was indeed a fun filled event for us.

@Sagir wrote:

What a lovely meet up... @Charleybaits congratulations on a successful meet up.. 

I can see you guys had fun together.

Kind regards

Sagir..

Level 7

Thanks @Haseeb it's extremely endowed.

@Haseeb wrote:

I love that parrot in your picture @Charleybaits 🙂

Level 10

Awesome meet up @Charleybaits! I liked the fact that you divided into 2 groups and each one walked on different sides of the street, very good idea! 

Thank you very much for tagging me, I really enjoyed reading your recap 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG