ValeriaA_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] Worldwide Photowalk MORENO

Hi Local Guides from all around the world. I hope you are doing very well.

This time I'm writing you to tell you about Worldwide Photowalk organized by @AlejandraMaria and hosted by me in Moreno, Buenos Aires, Argentina on February 24th. It was a beautiful day -the weather was really good- and we had a really good time. Let me tell you more...

At 10am we went to the meeting point with @santiagoirale, 8 people said they would attend the meet up but in the end it was just the two of us. Anyway that didn't stop us, of course! So we followed the map I had created.

20180224_100342.jpg

First we went to the golf Driving Range, had breakfast in the cafeteria and then played a bit. You can rent a bucket of 50 balls and they lend you golf clubs if you need to.

Coffee and croissants, delicious!Coffee and croissants, delicious!WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.31.52.jpeg

Then we went to a church, Parroquia Guadalupe but unfortunately it was closed so we could only take photos from the outside.

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.36.34.jpeg

We then went to three green squares:

• Plaza Bujan (many people gather here in the afternoons, it has attractions for kids and sometimes they set up a stage and bands play) 

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.41.45 (1).jpeg  WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.41.45.jpeg

• Plaza San Martin (it's near the train and bus station, on Fridays there's a fair where local people sell ther handicraft or homemade food)

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.45.33 (1).jpeg  WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.45.33.jpeg 

• Plaza Mariano Moreno (the principal square, around it you can find the main church, the government offices and a part of the train and bus station is linked with it)

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.47.27 (2).jpeg  WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.47.27.jpeg 

The square's name (and also the city's name) is in honor to an important historical figure from Argentina's independence revolution.

Statue of Mariano MorenoStatue of Mariano Moreno

Then we crossed the street and went to the cathedral of Moreno, Catedral Nuestra Señora del Rosario. It's simple but pretty at the same time.

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.58.45 (1).jpeg   WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.58.45.jpeg

Luckily there were not many people so we could take lots of photos. Here are some of them:

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.58.45 (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 21.58.45 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 22.00.38.jpeg

After that visit we went to my house and had lunch, we were really hungry as we had visited lots of places!

We then tried to go to ecological reserve Los Robles and Roggero dam but the area is actually really dangerous as it's too far from the centre of the city and many robberies have been reported there. So we just got a bit close with the car and couldn't take photos 😞

After that we went to Nine Shopping mall, walked and took a lot of pictures (360's too!). Here are some of them:

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 22.21.35 (3).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 22.21.35 (2).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 22.21.35 (1).jpegWhatsApp Image 2018-03-01 at 22.21.35.jpeg

And then... Last stop: Kabys brewery. Two friends joined us so we finished the meet up with a delicious beer.

Cheers!Cheers!

Thank you very much for joining this meet up virtually! I had a really good time and we contributed a lot to the map! Of course I can't upload every picture I've taken here, so if you want to see more, here's the shared album with photos by @santiagoirale too!

Hope you liked this recap, let me know if you have any advice so I can improve my next meet up 🙂

See you around and happy guiding!

@OSAMA @Justine2807 @KarenVChin @ErmesT @Sagir @HelloSamsonR @Surendra @BishowvijayaP check this out!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Moreno, Buenos Aires, Argentina
44 comments
Level 8

Re: [RECAP] Worldwide Photowalk MORENO

It sure was great @ValeriaA_!!

It was super fun just travelling around our city as if we were tourists and showcasing it to our fellow local guides and the rest of the world.

Thank you for putting this together so awesomely 😁. I will never miss any of your meet ups 💙

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hola, mi amiga @ValeriaA_

Very nice meet-up, Congratulations!

And it is summer time in your city. It's been cold here in Japan. But spring is coming soon.

I can't wait!

Cherry blossoms in 2017

Hope you enjoy it.

Toyo

Level 10

Well @santiagoirale I wouldn't have done this without you 🙂 I'm happy we had a great time, it was actually really fun, seeing our own city with another eyes.

Thanks for supporting me ♥

santiagoirale ha escrito:

It sure was great @ValeriaAumasque!!

It was super fun just travelling around our city as if we were tourists and showcasing it to our fellow local guides and the rest of the world.

Thank you for putting this together so awesomely 😁. I will never miss any of your meet ups 💙

Level 10

Thank you very much @Anonymous! Yes the weather was great, actually more than 30 degrees Celsius.

I will check out your post on cherry blossoms 🙂

ふぁんトント_toyo ha escrito:

Hola, mi amiga @ValeriaAumasque

Very nice meet-up, Congratulations!

And it is summer time in your city. It's been cold here in Japan. But spring is coming soon.

I can't wait!

Cherry blossoms in 2017

Hope you enjoy it.

Toyo

Level 9

Beautiful recap post @ValeriaA_ & @santiagoirale you both looks nice in the pictures & video.

Connect Moderator

Lindo recorrido @ValeriaA_, es un sitio que no conozco de Buenos Aires, lo tendré en cuenta para cuando este por allí, parece que lo mejor fue el café con leche y  medialunas, se veían sabrosas. El golf 🏌🏻‍♀️ mmm no jejejej , me gustaron las fotos de la Iglesia , se lo perdieron los que se anotaron y no fueron, bueno no importa, tu por lo menos estabas acompañada 😀🍀, esto es una de las cosas que más admiro de los chicos de Asía o África, cuando ellos organizan una Meet-Up, se juntan jajaja. Es una buena experiencia ya viene otra pronto. 

Saludos Farid.

Level 8

Hello @ValeriaA_

Thanks for sharing this awesome photo walk recap along with the beautiful photos. You both are looking great in the selfie. Stay blessed always. Hope to see you both soon in Nepal.

Greetings from Nepal. 

Connect Moderator

Nice Recap, @ValeriaA_

I am happy that you had a great time. Beautiful and interesting photos. Thanks to @santiagoirale too for the nice experience

Ermes

Level 10

Well done @ValeriaA_ Good to see the beauty of your city. Thanks for sharing them with us.

@santiagoirale am glad you are motivated as well for @ValeriaA_ to continue to host more and more meetup. Let me share you little saying of mine. " All of us are visitors in the city we live not until we become Local Guides". I say this because the Local Guides program brings out the best in us and make us to dig in deep to discover our city & the hidden gems in them. The more and many meetups we organise the more better & better we know our city and also connect with similar Local Guides who share the same passion with us. The beauty of the Local Guides program is so much that we have to discover them everytime  such way. Am glad you had a great experience. Looking forward to seeing you around here as well on Connect :).

Kind Regards