TraciC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thank you for submitting your Connect Live application

Googler

Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.Photo Caption: Connect Live 2018 branding which includes a global skyline and fireworks.

Update, 6/13/18: All 151 selected applicants have been notified about their status and all remaining Local Guides will hear about their status by June 20th.

Over the coming days everyone who applied for this year’s Local Guides event, Connect Live 2018, will receive an email about whether or not they have been selected to attend. I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone for submitting their applications and let you know how much fun the team had in reviewing the thousands (yes, THOUSANDS) of applications.

We have selected 151 Local Guides to represent the global community at Connect Live 2018. That’s right: you heard it here first that we selected an extra Local Guide to share information back with the community!

Every person selected was carefully reviewed by the team and chosen for a very special reason. While some may not share their status just yet, we ask you to be patient as they work through their excitement — and the details.

Overall, it was inspiring to see how committed many of you are to the Local Guides community on top of making fantastic contributions to Google Maps: helping your local community by adding new places, creating lists to help others exploring your area, and hosting meet-ups to connect locally, just to name a few. It was fun learning about your specific passions, too. Whether you were one of the vegan foodies, accessibility champions, or rappers (yes, there were rappers!), you help to keep Connect a warm and welcoming place for Local Guides no matter where in the world you may call home.

I’m proud to be a Local Guide and I look forward to seeing our global community grow over the coming weeks, months, and years, especially here on Connect.

Keep an eye on #LocalGuidesConnect here on Connect and on social media to hear what folks are saying about this year’s event!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
3,148 Comments
Level 10

Dear Local Guide Friends

Happy to inform you that I have received mail from Google indicating that I have been selected for Local Live Connect 2018.

Congrats to everyone. 

Level 5

@FrancM wrote:

I still can't believe it but... I'm IN!!!! So excited to meet you all in San Francisco!! 

Congratulations my friend!!!! Great News!

Level 8

Congrats, Sir @ProfArunCM! Well-deserved! So happy for you! Cheers! 😄

Level 9

congraaaaaats @ProfArunCM i am waiting this happy news :))))

Level 8

@OSAMA no sir, I have not gotten the email either way yet. I am hoping that I get the good email of that I am in... 

Level 9

Congratulations @ProfArunCM

You are a real gem of this community, Happy for you Sir 🙂

Level 8

@ProfArunCM congrats sir.... Enjoy your trip. 

Level 10

I am in. 

Thanks everyone.

@TraciC @Dontcry43 @OSAMA @QaziJunaid @carriedeps

Level 9

congraaaats @ProfArunCM :)))

you deserve it :))))

woow woow 🙂

@ProfArunCM wrote:

I am in. 

Thanks everyone.

@TraciC @Dontcry43 @OSAMA @QaziJunaid @carriedeps

Level 8

What a great news to wake up to!!! 

Am very happy I made it! Still under awesome impression! Can’t believe that volunteering by sharing can take to such joy and prospect of meeting likeminded guys! 

Congrats to everybody! Optimism and patience to those waiting for THE letter. 

Cheers!

Level 9
Connect Moderator

@OSAMA wrote:

bro Steve ?? @SP31 any news ?

Nothing yet brother @OSAMA but so so so happy for everyone thus far! 😀

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
Level 9
Level 9

Congrats @ProfArunCM

Have a wonderful time in SF! It'll be a great time!

I'm going to merge this thread to the existing one to keep all of the excitement together!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!

@deepakjhic @Thanks buddy, I will wait till the last day.

SAM
Connect Moderator

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

I'm so happy I was selected @TraciC! I'm really excited and can't wait for the event... These previous months will be very fun!!

Omg yes @ValeriaA_! 😀 Congrats!

Level 10

@Shirley @TraciC @OSAMA @SP31 @NurseitN

Feeling happy and fully satisfied. 

Thank you everyone. 

Level 9

Great news for 151 people around the world . 

It would be better if a extended event in different countries would be better and more people could be included . 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#

@ProfArunCM congratulations you made it..👍💐

SAM
Level 7

I have already been granted the visa of the United States of America, hopefully my dream of being with all the LOCAL GUIDE will be fulfilled. #LetsGuide For me it is very important because I have more credibility in my publications.

Connect Moderator

@ProfArunCM wrote:

Dear Local Guide Friends

Happy to inform you that I have received mail from Google indicating that I have been selected for Local Live Connect 2018.

Congrats to everyone. 

Congrats @ProfArunCM!!!

Level 10

@Sami-ur-rahman @TraciC @Sariga @SP31 @Shirley

Thanks LG Friends. It could be possible only because of your encouragement, guidance. I dedicat it to ALL MY LG FRIENDS. 

Best wishes

Level 10

@ProfArunCM

Congratulations.

💐💐💐

BM63
Connect Moderator

Woooo hooo @ValeriaA_! You and @FaridTDF are going to rock it in San Francisco! 

Congrats to the both both of you. Can’t hardly wait to meet you both finally!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@BakulMehta wrote:

@ProfArunCM

Congratulations.

💐💐💐

Thanks @BakulMehta

Level 8

Heart beats are increasing every minute. Checking, waiting the email every minute. 

Scrolling connect. 

Hope the dream will come true. 

🙂 🙂

Connect Moderator

Congrats @FrancM! Look forward to meeting in Oct!

Your smile must be so huge!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@Prdeep

Let us hope for the best.

Level 8

@ProfArunCM @ValeriaA_ and all,

Wow..... So happy for you.

You really deserve it. Lots of congratulations. 

Level 9

@ProfArunCM

Concentration .

Your review made a difference .

Keep doing .

Share the spots in US too 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/badges/userbadgespage/user-id/21203/page/1#
Level 10

Thank you @Sariga

You and all others have always been a source of inspiration.

@Sariga wrote:

@ProfArunCM

Concentration .

Your review made a difference .

Keep doing .

Share the spots in US too 

Hello all local guides, 

HOPE EVERYONE IS BUSY IN MAKING OUR CITY, COUNTRY, WORLD A BETTER ONE BY CONTRIBUTING THEIR KNOWLEDGE IN THE LOCAL GUIDE.. 8 MORE DAYS TO GO..WHO WILL BE SELECTED FOR THIS EVENT?? THOUGH EVERYONE WANTS YO GET SELECTED BUT ONLY 150 WILL BE.. WHO ARE THEY?? I THINK TILL NOW GOOGLE ITSELF DONT KNOW..EAGERLY WAITING TO GET SELECTED AND MEET YOU LOCAL GUIDES TO LEARN SOMETHING, TO LEARN YOUR KIND OF WORK.. LOVE YOU ALL, KEEP SHARING FOR OUR WORLD TO MAKE IT MORE RELIABLE..KUDDOS TO EVERY LOCAL GUIDE OF MY PLANET..

Connect Moderator

Congrats @MIHashimi! Can’t wait to meet you in October.

Don’t worry! Once you register online via the Connect Live invite email you just received that you want to attend, Google will take your brief info and all those who registered “yes, I want to go to Connect Live,” like you and me, Google will send another email with contact info of the Travel Agency that will work with you to help apply to get a US Tourist Visa and the other related travel arrangements to help you get to San Francisco.

Cheers,

Karen

@MIHashimi wrote:

@TraciC

Wow I feel very happy that I am selected this year for joining Connect Live 2018 from Google.

Now the Question is how Google help me to get visa, will you send me invitation letter or you directly contact to US Embassy in Kabul Afghanistan Please Help!!!

Level 9

@ValeriaA_

Wow Congratulations have fun . Share the nomemo from the event .

Connect Moderator

Congrats @ProfArunCM! Can’t wait to finally meet you in October.

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

True @KarenVChin

@KarenVChin wrote:

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@ProfArunCM

You are the first from India.

Proud to be an Indian.

Happy bon voyage to San Fransisco.

BM63
Level 10

@KarenVChin wrote:

Cheers,

Karen

True @KarenVChin

@KarenVChin wrote:

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

@TraciC thanks for your updates. Pre-congrats for anyone who are selected!

Level 10

Thanks @BakulMehta

may be others will make it, I am sure. 

@BakulMehta wrote:

@ProfArunCM

You are the first from India.

Proud to be an Indian.

Happy bon voyage to San Fransisco.

Level 10

Wooohooo!!!

Congratulations to all who are selected for connect live 2018!

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 10

@TraciC great stuff! Congrats to all who made it .

Love for Food and Landscape photography
Level 8

Congrats to everyone who made it!

Level 10

@KarenVChin LOL. I can understand people not sharing their status yet...SHOCK! Wonderful feeling it can be. 

Love for Food and Landscape photography
Level 6

Aah, still waiting for the email.

Excited-nervous.

Wish me luck

Cheers

Abdul Mannan | Local Guide Level 6|
Level 8

congrats to all who have been selected

Level 8

@OSAMA Whats going on ????

@OSAMA wrote:

@Julien44 @TorM @Anonymous @DavidTito ???

waiting happy news from you

Connect Moderator

Congrats @JuanDubo, getting a US Visa is difficult! 

I am moving your post over to the Connect Live Invite thread so you can share your excitement there.

Good Luck!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 10

@mannanrko

Let us hope for tge best. 

Best wishes to all LG Friends. 

Connect Moderator

Congrats @NickOmondi! Can’t wait to meet you this October= ) Will this be your first trip to the US?

Cheers,

Karen