ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

TIME FOR NATURE - World Environment Day 2020 - Share your Nature

Biodiversity: The variety of life in the world or in a particular habitat or ecosystem. *Source: Oxford dictionary

Caption: seven different species of birds in the Venetian Lagoon - photos, @ermestCaption: seven different species of birds in the Venetian Lagoon - photos, @ErmesT

On June 5, 2020, we celebrate The WORLD ENVIRONMENT DAY.

Time For Nature is the topic of this year, to celebrate the biodiversity.

Biodiversity is the variety of life that we see all around us, and show the capacity of the life to evolves, and to adapt to the environment.

Caption: a view of the Venetian Lagoon - Photo @ermestCaption: a view of the Venetian Lagoon - Photo @ErmesT

Five days ago, finally going out after a long time to take some photo for this post, I wanted to visit the Venetian Lagoon, to show what is biodiversity for me: on the cover photo you see seven different kind of birds. Everyone has adapted, in a different way, to life in a swampy environment like the Venetian Lagoon. The long legs of the waders allow them to walk in the shallow waters of the lagoon, while the webbed legs of the ducks and seagulls allow them to move quickly in the water. The evolution of each of these species has meant that they adapt to the conditions of the environment.

This is one of the reason why I love this lagoon: because it is a perfect place to study the evolution related to the climate change

The entire northern area of the Adriatic Sea is a very special example: due to the low depth of the seabed, with a consequent very rapid heating and cooling of the water caused by the change in air temperature, many of the species that inhabited the Venetian Lagoon have been replaced in a few years by others.

Caption: a green lizard blocks my way, convinced not to be seen - photo @ermestCaption: a green lizard blocks my way, convinced not to be seen - photo @ErmesT

In the lagoon there is now a large group of pink flamingos, who spend the winter there instead of migrating south, to warmer territories. Sorry for the poor quality of the photos, they were more than one Km away

Caption: a group of Flamingos on the Venetian Lagoon - photo @ermestCaption: a group of Flamingos on the Venetian Lagoon - photo @ErmesT

Other species have adapted to the new climate. Adaptation seems to be the keyword for evolution, and it is extremely interesting to see how the life evolves.

I want to show you a photo I took on August of 2019 on the Sibillini National Park

Caption: a group of plants with the trunk deformed by the wind - photo @ermestCaption: a group of plants with the trunk deformed by the wind - photo @ErmesT

Look at the shape of these plants. How is it possible that they all grew up with the same shape, with the same exact arc?
 All of them have adapted to the valley wind and, trying to grow vertically, have changed shape based on the thrust of the wind.
 This impulse, this wind that tries to bend them, while the plant resists and adapts, are the basis of evolution and changes.

Everything we observe around us, the multiple forms of life, are the result of this push. A life that adapts and evolves, creating biodiversity.

With this post I am sharing the nature around me, a nature that I want to enjoy and to keep clean.

Caption: a flower of Japanese honeysuckle, captured on my first day out after the lockdown - photo @ermestCaption: a flower of Japanese honeysuckle, captured on my first day out after the lockdown - photo @ErmesT

What is the nature you want to share with us? What kind of biodiversity do you see around you?

Feel free to share your photos of the Nature here, and to tell the community about “your view of the biodiversity

How do you celebrate the Environment Day 2020? If you are at home, what about  to join this amazing meet-up by @Sagir ? World Environment Day VirtualI would love to attend too, but I will be at work at that time, so I can only send a Virtual Hug to Sagir

Can’t wait to see your photos

Venice, Metropolitan City of Venice, Italy
89 comments
Level 7

Understand a mother's mother mother. And always take care of the birds.

IMG_20200412_061550.jpg

------------
Connect Moderator

Re: TIME FOR NATURE - World Environment Day 2020 - Share your Nature

Hi @ErmesT 

Nature is always awesome and very diverse...

I love your shots...

Check out what I capture yesterday from my balcony 👇👇👇

IMG_20200602_225857_677.jpg

 Blackspot African Dove

As mentioned join us to celebrate Biodiversity 

Kind regards..

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

Beautiful shot, @Sagir 

As I said, I would love to be able to join you, but due to my work activity and some personal issues I unfortunately can't.

BTW, please check your link, as it doesn't work.

Connect Moderator

Thanks  @ErmesT 

There is no problem your hugs and motivation is well received and appreciated...

I have fixed the link.

Thanks..

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

First Stop of Photo Walk in Nature At Village Goth Baloch KhanFirst Stop of Photo Walk in Nature At Village Goth Baloch KhanStart of Autumn in Karachi, Photo By @kashifmisidiaStart of Autumn in Karachi, Photo By @kashifmisidiaRoad to Thaddu Dam by @kashifmisidiaRoad to Thaddu Dam by @kashifmisidiaDaman-e-Koh LGC Anniv WalkDaman-e-Koh LGC Anniv WalkLocal Guides from Pakistan Cleaning the beach with great DedicationLocal Guides from Pakistan Cleaning the beach with great DedicationTracks of Turtles and the point where they lay their eggs and safety precautions by Beach Authorities.Tracks of Turtles and the point where they lay their eggs and safety precautions by Beach Authorities.Plantation of 40,000 mangroves Plants By Local Guide @ujjan, @sharjeelS and Team TenagaPlantation of 40,000 mangroves Plants By Local Guide @ujjan, @sharjeelS and Team TenagaSunset at Kohchang ThailandSunset at Kohchang ThailandWhite sand beach of MauritiusWhite sand beach of MauritiusClear sky at Kohchang ThailandClear sky at Kohchang ThailandFrozen mahudand Lake PakistanFrozen mahudand Lake PakistanOn the way to Mahudand LakeOn the way to Mahudand Lake

Hello @ErmesT 

Thanks for sharing about World Environment Day, as a member of team #cleantheworld I should always remember this day. Because I learn a lot from Clean the World project. And I m sorry I shared too many pictures in my comment post because your post made me excited. 

I would like to convey my message to all my friends, who are doing wonderful work all around the world, that our efforts, small or big, it will definitely matter. Never think that if you are doing in a small effort and it will be useless. Maybe your little effort can give a big message to the people who are watching you at the spot. For example, you are on the beach, and you just pick a plastic bottle or plastic bag from the beach and put it into a dustbin or at the right place where it should be. So maybe a person is watching you and his mind will change just because of this great action.

Clean environment, clean beaches, and marine life are for us, for our future generations.

Let's make this world clean together and environmentally friendly together.

I would like to tag my friends whom I discussed a lot about ideas about Environmental issues.

@ravindus  @kasunaaa, @JaneBurunina, @MSulaiman, @Bilal_shaikh @br14n 

Shukriya 🙏

Please type @ before username to mention/tag me so I can reply to you quicker. About me |Guiding Star 2021 | Follow me on Maps |  | Instagram |   

Gems Of the World - A Connect Travel Post Challenge

Level 8

@ErmesT thanks for sharing this post with us. Indeed everything comes from nature. We can't imagine our survival without the survival of nature, and it's evident in these lockdown days as the canals, beaches, and waterfalls are much cleaner than the usual. We failed to take care of mother nature and we saw a reset activity from the mother nature itself.  

Unfortunately, I couldn't go out to take pictures but I will definitely share in the next couple of days.

Thanks, @KashifMisidia Bhai for tagging me and giving me the opportunity to share my views.

Level 8

@ermest , beautiful post and beautiful pictures colouring up the Environment Day. If it weren't for the COVID-19 I'm sure we could have spend the day out in the environment. Or maybe do something to help nature.

But in a way this year we did that we never could before. We stayed home, reduce our consumption, production and parked our vehicles for months. Which gave some time for the environment to heal. 

@KashifMisidia , thank you very much for tagging me here my friend.

20200521_175829-01_compress53.jpg

Green paddy fields near my home

inCollage_20200502_004535015_compress74.jpg

Wangedigala mountain

Level 9

My place is an eco - friendly !!!

Dear connect community friends, 

Today is World Environment Day, so I found an occasion for conversation with inalienable friends about the plants to make environment more eco-

20200604_071527.jpg

friendly to us .

As we know plants are an integral part of environment and help it in healthy way and in turn, we find it very supportive to live with. 

In this context, I would like to share a picture of my place, i.e, a mini - jungle without wild animals. Interesting to note here that my place is situated in city, but once we enter into my lane ,the temperature suddenly drops to 5 degrees Celsius. 

Due to these big and small plants,  we always listening the singing of birds. In all ,it is a kind of paradise for us ,trust me .

Please view this place through a my post. 

Thanking to all my friends. 

Level 8

Re: My place is an eco - friendly !!!

@ShekharMuz_5 чудесные растения

Svitlana Churina