Zino_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Say hello to Strobrie (First Entry) #CommunityFoodFightChallenge

When saw and was tagged in the Challenge post  #CommunityFoodFightChallenge posted by @Velvel , I knew that this challenge was definitely for me because in my spare time I enjoy blogging and photographing food. So let me tell about one of my favorite cafes in Abuja, Nigeria. This is Strobrié By Joanne!

Caption: A collage of photos of food from Strobrie, Abuja caputred by Local Guide @Zino_Caption: A collage of photos of food from Strobrie, Abuja caputred by Local Guide @Zino_

Strobrié By Joanne is one of my favorite cafes because it is beautiful and cozy space which offers delcious sweet and savoury as well as doubles as a plant haven. You can purchase plant pots, plants and even attend pottery classes here.

Caption: A collage of photos showing the plant haven that is Strobrie, Abuja captured by Local Guide Zino_Caption: A collage of photos showing the plant haven that is Strobrie, Abuja captured by Local Guide Zino_

I visited this place with my friends earlier this year and we had a swell time at this plant haven cafe. We opted for the Beef Ragu, Mayo Chicken Sandwich, Beef Burger and Mini carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. The Beef Ragu was delicious meaty, hearty and sweet dish served with an al dente pasta that absorbed the ragu nicely. The mayo sandwich featured sweet and spicy chicken  with hints of fresh citrus in a homemade and nicely toasted ciabatta bread. The Beef Burger had a lovely Hokkaido milk bun and a juicy beef patty. 

The favoitre thing that I tried is easily the mini carrot cake whcich was a treat. It had the rich carrot flavour and was topped with a delicious cream cheese frosting. That frosting is perfection. For drinks, we had lemonade, orange juice and berry ice tea. All of which were refreshing and we liked that they were served in Mason jars.

You can find my detailed review and photos of this plant haven cafe here.

Caption: More photos of food and drink at Strobrie, Abuja captured by Local Guide Zino_Caption: More photos of food and drink at Strobrie, Abuja captured by Local Guide Zino_

Strobrié By Joanne is featured on the following lists that I created on Google Maps:

Falling in love with Cafes in Abuja

6 Amazing Places to eat in Abuja

P.S. This is my first entry for the #CommunityFoodFightChallenge as part of the Challenges for #CommunityLive2020

Abuja, Nigeria
18 comments
Level 9

Re: Say hello to Strobrie (First Entry) #CommunityFoodFightChallenge

@Zino_ 

Wow, so yummy food, nice photo. All the best. 

Connect Moderator

@Zino_ amazing pictures 

The plants add more beauty to this place 

Food looks tempting 😋

Thanks for sharing about this beautiful place 

Level 9

What a yummy post @Zino_ 

your pictures are very clear and great.

Thanks for sharing this with us here on connect. 

best regards 

Connect Moderator

Finally the challenge submission from you my fellow Foodie Local Guide @Zino_ 🤗

Thanks for joining #CommunityFoodFightChallenge .

You're the QUEEN of yummy and comfortable cafe indeed!

This cafe has a unique concept, so the customers are not only could eat and hangout, but they also could enjoy and buy the plant, also attend the pottery class.

Beef Burger with Hokkaido milk bun sounds so interesting!

Level 8

Thank you so much everyone for all your kind words and comments, I really enjoy visiting this place often @Austinelewex @FalguniP @RosyKohli 

I think you all might like my Second Entry for the Challenge which is Teppanyaki at 4GUYS (Second Entry) #CommunityFoodFightChallenge

Level 8

Thank you for the inspiration and motivation to join in on this Challenge @Velvel 

Beef Burger had the perfect Hokkaido Milk Bun however the patty needed some seasoning otherwise it would have been perfect. My second and final entry for the Food Fight is up and I think you might like it too. Once again, thank you for all your kind words, from one foodie to another!

Connect Moderator

The pleasure is mine @Zino_ 

Yes, I've just finished reading your second entry. Very good and yummy as usual!

Former Google Contributor

Hello @Zino_,

Thansk for sharing this nice place with us! Strobrié By Joanne looks like the perfect cafe not only to enjoy a tasty meal like you did but also to take advantage of the green and creative atmosphere, too!

I would definetely love spending some of my breaks there. 🙂 

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

If there's truly a perfect cafe, it might actually be this place. Delicious pastries and sweet treats, savoury dishes, refreshing drinks, plants and also free WiFi.

I think you would love it here. @Giu_DiB