Zino_'s post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Making Dalgona Coffee Shots

Being at home because of the quarantine in my city has made me spend more time trying out new recipes and food challenges. One of such challenges I tried is the Dalgona Coffee Challenge. Dalgona coffee is a Korean coffee trend which started on Tik Tok and eventually got to all social media. I decided to try it out but instead of a full sized coffee I opted for coffee shots with hints of irish cream liquer. The ratio for Dalgona Coffee is 1:1:1 which is equal parts coffee, water and sugar. I initially shared my recipe on Instagram but decided to also share it with our community. It's a fun and really easy coffee drink to make especially since some of my favourite coffee shops are temporarily closed.

My homemade Dalgona Coffee ShotsMy homemade Dalgona Coffee Shots

Here's what you'll need:
1 tablespoon of instant coffee
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 tablespoon of hot water
1½ cup of milk
A shot of Baileys (optional)
Shot glasses

Overhead view of my Dalgona CoffeeOverhead view of my Dalgona Coffee

Directions:
Mix the coffee, sugar and water in bowl then whisk it until it is thick and creamy. You can use either an electric mixer or a hand whisk, I used a hand whisk and it took about 10 minutes to get the texture I wanted.

In a separate bowl, mix the milk and the shot of Baileys together.

Pour the combined milk into each shot glass about ¾ way then spoon the whipped coffee on top of the milk.

Gently stir the whipped coffee into the milk and enjoy! 

Up close with my homemade Dalgona CoffeeUp close with my homemade Dalgona Coffee

IMG_20200418_110948_381.jpg

Fun fact:

Dalgona Coffee doesn't have any dalgona in it. Dalgona is a type of Korean honeycomb toffee.

Crisp shot of Homemade Dalgona Coffee shots by Local Guide Zino_Crisp shot of Homemade Dalgona Coffee shots by Local Guide Zino_

P.S. Have you tried Dalgona Coffee before? 

Abuja, Nigeria
29 comments
Level 8

Re: Making Dalgona Coffee Shots

Hi @Zino_ 

Looking delicious 😅🤭

berbagi tidak akan membuat ilmu kamu habis melainkan satu ilmu lama yang kamu bagi satu ilmu baru bertambah terhadap dirimu.
Former Google Contributor

Hello @Zino_

Just to let you know that I've moved your post out of the spam and it is now visible publicly. Some posts are being automatically marked as spam, apologies for that. You can visit this article to learn more - Why was my Connect post marked as spam?

I also want to add that this looks delicious! I have yet to attempt making a Dalgona Coffee, but I think it is time I do. Your post motivated me even more. 🙂 

P.S. @DanniS is a big fan of Dalgona Coffee. Maybe, she can share some of her photos?

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Level 10

Thank you @Zino_ .

I should try your recipe.

Keep calm, stay healthy and always be happy

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 8

You should try it, I'm sure you'd enjoy it @BudiFXW. Also, thank you for your kind words, I wish you same.

Level 10

You are welcome @Zino_ .

For your information your Dalgona coffee now trend in Indonesia, a national television is talk about it couple of hours ago.

Tag (@BudiFXW) in your post or comment, I will happily to connect with you.
Level 8

Level 10

@Zino_ 

Hope you will not change profession after quarantine ? 

These your cups deserves commendation