TravellerG's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

#. Reviews for More Views - 3

PPT for Google.jpg

@DeniGu@LucioV@Rezgar@NandKK@StephenAbraham@AmbrishVarshney@davidhyno@aka_Rὁn@JanVanHaver@Anonymous

Oh..Sorry.. we left those “STARS” - This is a very serious topic.!

I will start with a mobile screen shot; first, pl read, then, I will explain.

Did your lips widen up?... Do you feel light..? After all, we are human beings… The “star” value, to us, is a FEELING. Is it not? (This is just one out hundreds of comments, I come across)

NO..NO..NO.....!  dear Google Local Guides…

This is the MOST…Most.. Important Responsibility, contributed by a Google Local Guide.! Do you know..?

Why..???  Please think..

We all use Google to search a restaurant (or a place), then look at the “STAR VALUE” (Rating) of that place, to take a decision.. Is it not? YES..!

In our Review, for Google, these “STARS” (Rating) given by the Local Guides, like us, are the most important part! The written part is only for the readers to understand / enjoy.

Google takes these RATINGS (number of stars per review) you give and, using Google’s proprietary algorithm, process this data and, gives the most ‘precious & vital’ data called “The Rating of a Place”..! (Technically speaking, Google’s algorithm is based on Bayesian average or interpretation).

Don’t you think, we should be VERY, VERY RESPONSIBLE in giving the Rating (Number of Stars)???

Rather, we all, together, decide the “Fate” of a place, by giving our rating / star value.

Please review (ask self or your friends), How many of us are, fully aware of the above fact?

How many of us are, consciously giving the rating, bearing the above fact, in our mind?

According to me, we need to educate, every new Google Local Guide, about this fact; also, it is our moral responsibility to bring the awareness of this responsibility, to the current Local Guides (I am sure, many will be knowing this – but, still, for others, this is important).. is it not?

I am sure, there are other experienced Moderators and Guides in our forum, kindly contribute. If you all feel this fact is important, let us share the fact and make our Google rating, more valuable & accurate. The above screen shot is not an accident, it more, because of ignorance, to me.

The next post is equally important…

Do you know, how Google has defined the ‘Star System’ ? Please read.

In case, if you are interested to read the previous post, pl, Here it is, for you.

And for the next post, it is Here

Thanks…

PS:

A Photo from Karaje Lake Aviary, Mysore, Karnataka, India.

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

12 comments
Level 10

Re: #. Reviews for More Views - 3

Eheheh I remember that chat. Noticed sometimes the users are confused about the rating system.

Level 10

Rif.: #. Reviews for More Views - 3

Nice post @TravellerG !

Honestly I do not understand the sense that a person puts the stars randomly or not appropriate to the experience lived!
But we are in almost 7 billion people and understanding everyone is a bit tiresome! 🙂

Fortunately, we can also count on your helpful work! 

Bye,

David

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dear @TravellerG @LucioV This is really responsible job many times I observed some of Local guide rating just opposite to their review they don`t clear about rating Negative review but positive rating and positive review and negative rating this thing need to understand and make right for writing review and rating about a place.

Level 10

Dear @Anonymous

I am trying to bring this point to notice.. of all..

This globe has different levels of people...

New Local Guides, should get what Google has defined..

Please read the next post, you will understand.. the reality..

Thanks

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much @TravellerG

It would be better understanding in your upcoming post I am waiting 

Level 10

Yes you are right @TravellerG we should understand the value of star rating and soon I m going to arrange a seminar and webinar regarding what is google local guide, how we work, what is the rules and regulations, and what is the benefits of Google Local Guide program?

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

Great, dear @AmbrishVarshney

Assure you, all the support for the Seminar; if a part of the seminar is Webinar, I too can join, if you want.

Thanks

Level 10

Kindly have a look, dear @Anonymous

Thanks

Level 10

Another post which is very interesting as well as educative. Thanks for enlightening us about something new. Many things like Google algorithm etc I was not aware about. 

I do agree with you that we should be more careful while giving the rating by choosing numbers of 🌟 to any business centre.

I am eagerly waiting for another informative post, sir @TravellerG

PS:- My comment on the above chat was just for joke.