Prdeep's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

My life as a Local Guide

Hello Local Guides and Connect family members all around the world,

This post is about me and my experience, journey and my life as a local guide. 

About Me

My name is Pardeep and I am Entrepreneur, Engineer, Writer and a Local Guide (Level 😎 from India. I speak English and Hindi. 

My daily routine and work give me the chance to communicate with lots of people, listen to them, share knowledge and experience, grow together and keep myself and the people around me updated with the latest technology. Doing good works and helping people is my hobby and is in my nature and now it has become my passion after being a local guide. It gives me pleasure.

IMG-20170710-WA0011.jpg

My small contribution in Maps and Local Guides Communities

“yard by yard life is hard , inch by inch it's a cinch”

My life is running in very busy mode, but still I have enough time to fulfill my moral responsibilities. Snapshot on right hand side shows my small contribution on maps. I have got badges for Master Reviewer, Master Trailblazer, Master Fact Finder.  

On Google Plus, I am an active member of many Local Guides Communities (snapshot: left hand side).

g+ commune.JPG

How and why I became Local Guide 

Three years ago, I was totally unknown to local guide and other similar programs. At that time I had no idea that my little contribution might be so meaningful or helpful to anybody. One day, Google map prompted me to join Local Guide program. I read all the terms and conditions carefully and found it good. I joined and started contributing with more energy. After crossing some (three) levels, I had Local Guide Badge. Once in a post on Google Plus, I came to know about Local Guides Connect and entered in this world of local guides. Now it was a jackpot for me to grow in knowledge and having worldwide local guides with me. Points are increasing slowly, but a precise analysis (of places) and true work takes time.

Whenever I tell, remind people to use these amazing  applications (specially Google Map), they feel happy and always thank me with lots of blessings. Levels of happiness and public faith is increasing everyday. 

Now I can live my whole life as a Local Guide.

My journey as a Local Guide

After spending time on LG Connect, I was full of energy and was learning everyday. Initially I provided reviews and ratings to the businesses nearby my home and workplace. After that I started contributing on map for other places, parks, shops, educational institutions etc. in my city Karnal (till August 2016). I felt I must visit and would do mapping for more places. So I started travelling and contributing for other cities as well like Panipat, Ambala, Kurukshetra, Yamunanagar and all the towns, some villages coming under these districts (cities) of Haryana. Points, levels were increasing and were delighting me.  Now I am on Level 8. 

Meetups 

Moving alone with self experience was not enough to grow and fun was limited. So it was the time to have some meetings with other local guides.

I have attended four meetups and these are described as below starting from the last one.

Delhi The "36" Photo Walk - Worldwide (nice idea by @PaulPavlinovich .

Recently on 22-April-2018, Lucky to be the part of this meetup. I met top contributors @Amrendraanupam @ProfArunCM @JMD9 @Cphogat  and Deepak Kumar (Host).

I learnt from Parvind and Sooraj Patel that even very young Local Guides can be the inspiration for anyone. I liked their enthusiasm and perpective towards the life. We all visited around Red Fort, Jama Masjid and all the nearby markets. Captured photos, met shopkeepers, shared ideas, had tea/snacks/lunch meanwhile we were walking. We spent huge time sharing knowledge, ideas, to know about each other and our contributions at various platforms.

Delhi COLLAGE.jpg

If you will walk around Red Fort to Jama Masjid, you will visit Red Fort ↔ Jain Mandir ↔ Temple ↔ Church ↔ Gurudwara ↔ Jama Masjid. You will definitely feel, "Yes really, God is One".

RECAP LINK here

KARNAL Geo Walk (Worldwide)

GORGEOUS KARNAL CITY -GEO WALK (idea by @AlejandraMaria) was hosted by me on 25-Feb.-2018 in Karnal, Haryana. This was one of best meetup. Deepak ( @deepakjhic ) was with me. We visited, walked for, captured more than 10 major places in Karnal.  Click here for RECAP link . You will surely enjoy watching  Recap VIDEO . GORGEOUS KARNAL CITY - GEO WALK (Worldwide)GORGEOUS KARNAL CITY - GEO WALK (Worldwide)

Malaysia Visit and Kuala Lumpur Meetup

Since many years, I was planning and trying to spare time for a foreign visit specially in SEA (South East Asia) countries. In August 2017 @AkmalB posted about KUALA LUMPUR GEO WALK on 26-Aug.-2017 which was the part of worldwide meetup idea by @OSAMA . It made my mood to visit Malaysia and to attend meetup. 

I met a wonderful guy Akmal Bajwa and we had a good memorable meetup. It was life's pleasant experience. Great time with a great local guide Akmal. Unfortunately I could not visit Thailand and Singapore due to time constraints.

RECAP link is here. Akmal's effort is really appreciable preparing this lovely Recap Video .

(Right) ME and Akmal (left)(Right) ME and Akmal (left)

Sonipat Meet-up

My first ever meetup of life. This was hosted by Deepak. We will remember this meetup lifetime. 

Before this meetup I applied 3 times for hosting meetup at every 2 months interval but none was approved unfortunately. After I had attended this Sonipat Meet Up, I was full of confidence and my experience was double as I and Deepak had lots of discussion about how to do accurate and precise mapping, click nice pictures, how to make good use of connect forum and other apps of Google.

Me as a Local Guide today 

Like we brush teeth and bath daily at least once, same way spending some hours of free time daily by contributing as Local Guide has become my life's most important part and daily routime life. I am loving such life and also getting respect in everyone's eye. All world (of Local guides) seems like a family now. 

Many many thanks to LG Family.

I am always thankful to all the members in Local Guide family, all Moderators, Googlers. Without you, I would not have been able to achieve this level of happiness and touch this ocean of knowledge. I have gone very long in knowledge and still leaning from you as Learning in life never ends. 

Warm regards and happy mapping,

Pardeep

Haryana, India
23 comments
Level 9

Re: My life as a Local Guide

Nice life as a local guide. I remember when you were there(in Malaysia) only for a meet-up. 

@Prdeep

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Hi @Prdeep

It's an amazing journey with local guides program and being a great local guide,

Thank you so much for your kind words,I really appreciate,

I haven't forgotten the taste of that homemade sweets which you brought for me from India.

It was pleasure to meet up with you

You are such a nice guy,

Wish you best of luck

Have a nice day

Level 9

Loved your post @Prdeep, best of luck for Connect live!

Level 9

@AkmalB @SalmaanN @deepakjhic @AslamMo

its tears 😢 and 💓 touching season on Connect , bro @Prdeep i like your simple honest words , yeah i remember these wonderful memories , you travel to attend Kuala Lumpur Geo walk with Akmal 😊 

You are great Respectful member am very proud of your friendship 😊

Level 10

Great job @Prdeep. Keep on progressing up. 🙂

All the best.

Level 10

@Prdeep great write up. All the best for your application. 

Level 6

@Prdeep

It was great reading out ur experiences, so exciting!! I am level 5....thanks for the amazing information. Local guide for me is sharing the information I know about the places, which will help others. Same time excites me that my shared information remains for sometime or may be for a long time. 

Thanks and lot more to learn and share with yu guys.

Cheers!!

Shiv

kumar
Level 8

@Shiv7 Glad to have a nice guy like you.

Thanks for your kind words. Wish you success in all your future endeavors.

Should you require any help, we are always present for each other.

Keep the good works ON.

Level 9