KarenVChin's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: My San Francisco: Being a Local Guide for Another Local Guide

@KarenVChin wrote:

Funny, you should mentioned Marrakech Restaurant @SoniaK! I had my bachelorette party their years ago, way before Local Guides was an idea.

They are famous for handling groups. Fun with belly dancers!  @MahabubMunna will be eating and dancing the night away!

Cheers,

Karen 

Yes @KarenVChin. That's the restaurant I meant. I typed it from my mobile, so could not tag the restaurant name. @MahabubMunna wanted to have our farewell dinner there. But apparently we just missed it, not sure why though. 

Level 10

Dear my Adviser , guide , USA time parent  😉  also respectful sister  @SoniaK

Don't Upset hope in future you , me and @KarenVChin go there . by the way morocco back again 😛

Mahabub Hasan
Level 9

Loved the post @KarenVChin & Thanks for sharing it.

Hope to meet you guys soon.

flagnepal acetreks.gif  - Nepal | YouTube
Connect Moderator

Thanks @TraciC. Glad you enjoyed my post. And for having this post be on the front page of Connect today.

This post (among other LGSummit17 related stories I still want to write about) has been in the back burner of my "Things to Do" for months.  Life got in the way!

I wanted to write about the "hidden" benefits or perks of being a Local Guide that you can't quantify or get from Google directly, but what you make of it and how wonderful things "just happened by random chance" like meeting both @ErmesT @YK1001 in person and hopefully @FaridTDF someday soon.  It's amazing how much Google Translate we use and have learned so much about each other, our cultures, and for me, my own culture, through their eyes via conversations.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@HeyJoe, definitely! Glad you enjoyed reading it!

Thanks

@J wrote:

@KarenVChin i am booking a 4 hr tour in future ha haa!! great post. 

Level 8

Hi @KarenVChin,

Interactions among LGs will bring our LG experience to another dimension.

That is why Connect is such a wonderful place, to allow LGs anywhere to interact with each other.

And the ability to meet in person will be a catalyst for even long time online relationships.

I am really glad being able to meet you, @ErmesT and @IlankovanT in person.  It bring magics among us.

Level 8

Great your very lucky 🖒thanks your sharing 

Bannu local guide
Level 9

Very inspiring walk you both have took, I'm yet to met you all in person but reading through your post feels like I already know you @KarenVChin & @ErmesT 🙂

Thanks for sharing.

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Glad you enjoyed this post @Haseeb! That was @ErmesT and my intent to show our first encounter aka meet-up via our photos we posted here and #ongooglemaps

We learned a lot about each other and became truly friends through our first 4 hours here together while we were here for #LGSummit17. What cemented our friendship is our love for food! Ermes ate chicken feet during our dim sum lunch without any hesitation. That sealed our friendship for me!

“Never say never” is my motto as a Local Guide. You never know what great things that can happen if are willing to be open. You never know who you will meet and click with. I call this the “hidden benefit” about being a Local Guide. If you haven’t experienced it already, I hope you are as lucky to meet other Local Guides here on Connect or in your community in real life in 2018.

Cheers,

Karen

@Haseeb wrote:

Very inspiring walk you both have took, I'm yet to met you all in person but reading through your post feels like I already know you @KarenVChin & @ErmesT 🙂

Thanks for sharing.