Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Re: My Local Guide time replaces...

Someone have excellent time management here 🙂

@NadyaPN :-)🙂

Level 9

So we know more about our legend @LucioV :-)))

@AkmalB what about you !??

Level 10

Hi @JanVanHaver

The next is my turn, in this post

Before joining the local guides program,I always looking for a quiet place,for reading blogs and news paper columns, history books,

2, YouTube and Facebook addicted

In the meantime,I was finding football and toys from neighbour's roof top,which my kids Thron 😂😂😂😂😂

So the next is @Julien44

Thanks for mention me @OSAMA

Connect Moderator

What I did before?

I was a worker and a good Dad (also during the week). In some organizations strongly involved (e.g. reporting of refugees coming to Germany)

Than I changed my workplace and I‘m in fact only a Dad and hhusband during the week.

I lost the possibility to contribute anything. 

Boring during the week.

once I took a photo with my phone and got a push email from Google, if I like to upload it. I did so (by the way on a wrong place...).

Then I observed that I can do this anywhere. 

Passion leeds to ❤️. I only loaded up pictures and since some weeks I discovered connect 😉.

I‘m happy now and can contribute whenever is time AND no day feels lost.

All the best for You! 

@JanVanHaver

@AkmalB

@OSAMA

@LucioV

@NadyaPN

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Level 10

I must confess that being a Local Guide is truly addictive, especially when you net surfing on the LG Connect.

The first reason is that I can meet, discuss with alot of very funny Local Guides, they are generous and good people.

The second reason is that, I feel I am doing right thing to improve my knowledge to help more and more people via LG Connect as well as Google Maps.

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Connect Moderator

Now that you mention Facebook, @AkmalB, I suddenly realize that the number of times I check Connect these days, is quite similar to the number of times I used to check Facebook (which has dropped dramatically now) 😎

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

@LucioV wrote:

@OSAMA wrote:

Yeah thats true @JanVanHaver , Specialy when we are improving and helping our Communities ,

This post will be more interesting

Well i nominate and challenge mmm

From Moderators @NadyaPN

And from Members

My legend @LucioV 

Thanks @OSAMA!

Previously, i was an active Yelper, TripAdvisor and DooYoo reviewer; so was easy to switch my environment for reviews.

My photos were uploaded mainly on Flickr (I'm a pro since july 2006 and enrolled since 2005!) but, with more than 69.000 uploaded photos, and 4776 public photos, my overall view count is 1.451.232 with the most viewed photos barely over 50K views.

So I switched casual photos from Flickr to maps, for places: can't compare the exposure I have now.

Previously I used to upload 360 and photos on panoramio and, later, on Views.

I was an active (but not so prolific) author on Mapmaker.

I was a reviewer for Dmoz Open Directory project (now is closed).

I... (I have to say) was an online player and Game Operator in ogame and travian... 😞

Now all my online, not working, activities are focused on Google Maps and Google Street View 🙂

I will tag my friend @ShafiulB

@JanVanHaver I love this kind of thread to say my untold story. @LucioV Thanks my legend friend for tag me here. 

Before joining this Local Guides journey I was a complete Travel agency employee where I had no any thoughts to become a volunteer for any program. So I did my job full time then I was a good husband. But rest of time I passed with Candy class saga/soda, Facebook browsing, Suabway surface playing ,Google Earth exploring etc. But Now since 2016 last I am a fulltime Local Guide than part time businessman. I fully addicted here on Connect. I love to collecting photos for Maps, writing reviews and planning for new Meet Ups. Now I feel a biggest family here with my fellows ..

I will tag here @DavidTito @ShahMdSultan @Kamalhasnainee @OmarBD 

Happy Guiding!

Level 10

Hi @JanVanHaver,

Thanks for this good post! It is nice to share a bit of us and to know what are our hobbies outside of the local guides program. There is no days off by now.

In my case, I like Handball, Badminton => sports in general (playing and watching). I used to play squash at high-level (I did the french championship when I was young and I lost against Vincent Lincou who became few years later world champion in 2004).  

I also like fishing (no kill). Here is the biggest fish I caught:

IMG_0487.JPG

I also like walking, discovering new places and the last but not the least, looking after my 2 boys.

Thanks for mentioning me @AkmalB. It is much appreciated.

So next are my friends @Sagir, @Anonymous 

Jul

Level 10

That's great hobbies for kill time @Julien44

That's quite big fish,

Thanks 

Level 7

Hello @JanVanHaver @OSAMA and my fellow LGs

I wasn't tagged in the posts, but couldn't stop myself from sharing my views when I read the comments in the thread. I could easily relate to them since I was one of them before Local Guide happened to me. 🙂 

I feel we always had a Local Guide in us and we must have guided at least one person asking for direction on the street or have recommended a place we liked/visited to our friend / family / relatives. That has always been the case with me.

It's just that now being a Local Guide, I have started documenting these anecdotes and is sharing it with our wonderful community who rely on us for relevant information. This has made all of us much more aware and has brought a sense of responsibility towards our community we live in, which is just superb.

Having said that, yes being a Local Guide is quite addictive. I was recently out for a dinner with few of my friends and the moment I entered the place, I started clicking pictures of the place. I didn't stop there.  I clicked all the delicious food items we ordered that night. And after a point, even my friends realized how engrossed I was in documenting these beautiful moments.  

I feel privileged to be a part of this community. 🙂 

google-plus.pngtwitter.pnggoogle-maps.pnglinkedin.pnginstagram.png