JanVanHaver's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: My Local Guide time replaces...

@Anonymous lol, we have the same in common yes Facebook was my Media spike but Google maps have always been in the background for me it was the satellite mode that inspired me  and spinning the earth around lol, I joined Google+ and Mapmaker not long before it ended I was disappointed, I got sick of Facebook, I told myself 20 times

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank @Haseeb bahi to mention me here, haha same case here, my son also snatch my smartphone to play his favourite moto and car games, so mostly i able to write the Recaps of most my Meet-Ups at mid night when he usually slept 🤣

Otherwise i hardly just check notifications or use Local Guides Connect at office at free time 😊

Before Local Guides Connect, i usually spent time on Google Maps and Map Maker and before that Facebook and before that Orkut

@JunaidKamal @DavidTito @ShafiulB @AkmalB what about your story?

I'm going to delete it, but now I just use facebook to stay in touch.  

Level 10

Thanks for tagging me @BishowvijayaP!!

Interesting post @JanVanHaver. Actually I don't really remember what I was doing before becoming a Local guide... I've been a local guide for more than a year now, so it has just become a lifestyle for me. I remembering reading interesting articles about technology, or posting photos in Instagram/Facebook... But I sincerely didn't have any hobby until I discovered this community 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 6

Lol I did the exact same thing, I would always go to places and kind of do a review to help people who has never been there know the feels of the places. It started with food places for me, then I started traveling more like site seeing, and fun places to go alone or family\friends trips. I wanted to share stuff through my eyes so that people who don't get out a lot can enjoy them. I am glad to meet people like you as a local guide:)

Level 8

@HANEN_I agree to the fact that the local guide stuff is addicting.

Kwesi Kuwornu.
Google Local Guide L8
Accra, Ghana
Level 10

You were doing what you are doing now also @ValeriaA_.😉 Its your acedamic study. 😂

@ValeriaA_ wrote:

Thanks for tagging me @BishowvijayaP!!

Interesting post @JanVanHaver. Actually I don't really remember what I was doing before becoming a Local guide

Connect Moderator

Hi @NadyaPN, thank you for tagging me in here. This is an interesting topic to discuss about, indeed. Thank you @JanVanHaver, for starting the thread. Before being a local guide (in fact I do that even now) I would write a lot from my life experiences on my free time, when I am not hanging out with my friends or traveling. I used to maintain a secret blog which is restricted and would write a lot of things there. I loved doing that. I also used to do a little pencil sketches and water color. I used to sing too. I would record my own songs and would share it with my friends. But other than just writing, none of those hobbies are in practice anymore nowadays. I am more of an outdoor person now, and I enjoy feeling the rain and sunshine more, than seeing it in a photo. The only thing that is still consistent in me is, hanging out with friends. When I am with my crazy friends I am the best version of myself. And I love that version the most. 🙂