YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Local Guides Clean The World - Related Media News

Hi @ErmesT,

I hope you will want to collect Related Media News for our #LocalGuidesCleanTheWorld project for easy reference.

A BBC Story:  

Companies sign up to pledge to cut plastic pollution

More than 40 companies have signed up to a pact to cut plastic pollution over the next seven years.

The firms, which include Coca-Cola and Asda, have promised to honour a number of pledges such as eliminating single-use packaging through better design.

They have joined the government, trade associations and campaigners to form the UK Plastics Pact.

54 comments
Level 8

Local Guides clean the world - thinking to make iconic features from all plastics recovered

Hi @ErmesT,

Here The King of the Plastic Castle did find a good use of all those plastic bottles.

It should be worth considering to make some iconic feature for all the plastic we will be clean up in this project.

Here is the link to a BBC story:  http://www.bbc.com/news/av/business-43825834/why-i-live-in-a-plastic-bottle-castle

@KarenVChin @IlankovanT @FaridTDF @SoniaK

Connect Moderator

Re: Local Guides clean the world - thinking to make iconic features from all plastics recovered

That is an awesome video find @YK1001!

All that used plastic can used to build a house and keep it naturally cool too! 

@ValentinaCaldito, have you heard about this? Do you know where this is exactly In Panama? 

@Anonymous, check out this interesting  video.

Cheers,

Karen

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Local Guides clean the world - thinking to make iconic features from all plastics recovered

WOW, thanks for tagging me @KarenVChin, this is so inspiring video! ☺️

@YK1001 thanks for sharing King of bottles. There are so many excellent massages in the video - so inspiring!

At the end King says that he is shamed to live in the world where the situation with plastic pollution is so bad - so good observation!

We really don't live in a Stone age anymore, this is Plastic era!!!

Connect Moderator

Gracias por compartir @YK1001, es una propuesta muy interesante, la de construir casas con las botellas de plástico, creo que es viable y fácil de concretar este tipo de cosas. Ojalá que ponga en práctica en forma generalizada.

Saludos Farid

🤚👇

For the case that has difficulty, in reading my answer, in the upper right part of the screen, in the drop-down menu of languages, you can select the language, in which you want to read the post.

Level 9

Beautiful castle @YK1001, 40,000 plastic bottles!!!

I think we also can build a small house with 10,000 plastic bottles, I saw a video last week and they used plastic bottles filled with sand and used as bricks.

Thanks for sharing this link with us 🙂

Connect Moderator

Wow @YK1001, you made my day today, thanks for posting.

You are recalling to my mind the story of the "plastic king". you are right, we absolutely need Iconic Feature.

There is a company, where I live, that makes sculptures with plastic bottles

Recalling the plastic castle to my mind, you recalled to me also another story, that I want to show you: the "Hand Made Solar Plastic Bottle Light Bulb"

I am sure @DavidTito will love the story of the Plastic Castle story to

Ermes

Former Google Contributor

@YK1001,

This is a great example of how we can spread awareness about this huge problem. I also really liked that children in this area can exchange plastic for food vouchers. 

Thanks for sharing!

Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Yes, @ErmesT, I remember watching that video clip about the Plastic Bottle Bulb as well.

I also remember reading something like using old Li Battery back to power up LED as well.  Those old Li BP might be too old for their original device, but still have enough juice for LED lighting.  Which is extremely help to light up the house during power outages.

Level 8

Hi @IlankovanT,

At remove villages in HK, using Glass Bottles (beer, soda, oil, any bottle of same size and shape) to build walls is very common.  However, I seldom see them have the opening sealed.

In tropical area, having the inside temperature 17C lower than outside is a very good cooling effect.

This type of applications are good examples of re-use part of pollution control.

Reduce<>Reuse<>Recycle