TPattanaik's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Lists for Google Maps - Meetup Challenge

PPT Google Meetup Approval Banner Template (1).jpg

First of all I would like to thank @KarenVChin @Kwiksatik for the meetup and the tips on making list on map. The session was superbly managed by you both and explained perfectly about the necessity of making lists. 

For the first time I learned why the map listing is required and which purpose it is really used. Especially the three causes for fun, for a cause and for a community made me realised that by this time I could have made 50 listings in map which is very easy for me now. 

I am a foodie = Can make a lists for local restaurants.

I look for discounts in restaurants = Can make lists for local restaurants who offer discounts and with the discount slabs.

I am a social worker= Can make a lists for local Orphanages, Old age homes to help others also to come forward and help.

I am a frequent travellers = Can make a few lists for attractive turist places, list for good hotels to stay, list for good travel agents too.

I am a strong God believer = Can make a lists for Temples, Churches and Mousques too.

and the lists goes on...really Google lists are best way to guide others too.

I normally exlore different food outlets for quality and hygine foods..while adding photos, reviews and more details in to map I can add them as a new lists too , which I can keep in private mode untill it is ready to publish. 

Keema Biriyani from Shimla Biriyaani, KolkataKeema Biriyani from Shimla Biriyaani, Kolkata

If the ambience and inner decorations of restaurant/food outlet is good then I usually add it in review and the photos too. Now it can used in a new list called "Best Decorated Resturants". 

Natures Basket, Park Street , KolkataNatures Basket, Park Street , KolkataBanchharam Sweets, Rajdanga, KolkataBanchharam Sweets, Rajdanga, Kolkata

I tried to make many lists, but finally I have decided that I will make list for few restaurants of Kolkata which serves authentic and traditional bengali dishes and that listing made in my national language "Hindi" which can be very helpful for turists and other peoples who are here in city and they really wants to explore the food some day. 

My list link : https://goo.gl/maps/9bXL9Y1hj5i6ZcSq9

@KarenVChin and @Kwiksatik please let me know your feedback on my list.

I  look forward for more such sessions with you guys. 

Good Day!!!

Kolkata, West Bengal, India
14 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Lists for Google Maps - As learned from the Meetup with @KarenVChin and @Kwiksatik

Hello @TPattanaik,

Thanks for sharing this interesting post with us! Your list of restaurants looks very interesting and helpful, too. For anyone interested in doing as you did, I suggest this useful article: How to make great restaurant lists on Google Maps

I also wanted to let you know that I've just recovered your post from the spam folder. Our automatic filters run 24/7 to protect the community from unwanted content and they can be a little harsh at times, I apologize for that. You can read more here: Why was my Connect post marked as spam?  

Due to the high volume of private messages, Google Moderators do not read or respond to them. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
Level 8

Re: Lists for Google Maps - As learned from the Meetup with @KarenVChin and @Kwiksatik

wow @TPattanaik dada! you have done an interesting list. Just loved it.

And after seeing the photographs I am hungry. Aha! the biryani picture is awesome!

Waiting for more from you

Have a great day!

Level 10

@PritishB why dont you plan to come and meet me one day..we will have Keema Biriyaani together...thanks for liking 

Level 10

@Giu_DiB thank you for the restaurant list tips. Surely it will help me .

Connect Moderator

Re: Lists for Google Maps - Meetup Challenge

Nice lists and pictures @TPattanaik 

Kolkata seems to have some very interesting food joints 😊

Connect Moderator

You are very welcome @TPattanaik

@Kwiksatik and I had a great time planning for this virtual meet-up, thinking of how many useful ways (or tips) a Local Guide will need to create useful Google Maps lists. We are strong believers of “teaching people how to fish so they never will go hungry again.” 

You definitely have “the skills to fish!” From what you described here, you are on your way to creating many fantastic lists! 50 lists — WOWWWW!!

Now, for the important stuff. What is Keema Biriyani made out of?  I love eating biryani. I know there is chicken, lamb, fish, seafood, vegetarian, etc. biriyani.

Also, I would be very happy to try out all your bargain restaurants in Kolkata on your list. 😋

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@TPattanaik I am so happy that you took away so many wonderful points from the meet-up. Your reasoning on creating lists (foodie, social worker, believer) are all perfect sets of information to add to lists. More than that, your extra details on those places provide a level of personalization as to why you choose the locations you do. I really enjoyed looking at the locations you added to your list. Thank you so much for tagging me, and thank you for participating in our List Challenge.

Connect Moderator

Thanks for sharing the list @TPattanaik dada and the photos make me want to visit them ! I will share it with my friends from Kolkata so that they can enjoy authentic Bengali food restaurants in Kolkata ! Thanks !

Thanks ! In case you wish to reach out, kindly send a private message on Connect. Feel free to tag on interesting posts by adding  '@' before my Connect profile id : globe_trotter_ish and I will respond as soon as I can !

Connect Moderator |  Guiding Star 2020 |  Guiding Star 2022Meet-up ChampionAccessibility Champion

Read Accessibility awareness posts here  | Accessible life - Google Earth projectInclusion and diversity series  | #GoGreenWithMaps series

My Instagram profile 

Level 10

@Kwiksatik thank you very much for the encouraging words and boosting my morale. Looking forward for more such sessions with you.