InaS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Google Vendor

Meet a Connect Moderator: Isha

Caption: A photo of Isha and an illustration with the words ‘Isha’ and the Local Guides pin inside a yellow frame with an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook with a magnifying glass, and a camera.Caption: A photo of Isha and an illustration with the words ‘Isha’ and the Local Guides pin inside a yellow frame with an email, a light bulb, a globe, a notebook with a magnifying glass, and a camera.

Connect Moderators are Local Guides just like you and me. They apply the knowledge they’ve gained as active members of our community to moderate Connect and help improve the experience for everyone. You may see them welcoming newcomers, explaining the program, answering questions, and sharing their knowledge with others.

Each month, we share some personal insights from one of our amazing Connect Moderators. This month, meet Isha @Globe_trotter_Ish. Isha lives in London, UK, and speaks English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, and some German.

Name: Isha

What I love about being a Local Guide: As a Local Guide, I have the amazing opportunity to help people not only in my local community but also around the world by using Google Maps. The satisfaction of knowing that my contributions help millions really gives me a boost to do better, and I feel extremely delighted when I receive emails saying that my added places or photos and reviews have [made an impact]. 

The best thing about the Local Guides program is its diversity! You get to meet passionate people with similar interests even from other parts of the world and learn something new every day and grow as a person! No matter where you are from, no matter who you are, and no matter how you live, you can help others on Google Maps. 

As a Local Guide, I feel fortunate that I can make inclusive contributions on Maps, write posts, and host webinars and meet-ups that increase awareness on important topics like accessibility, clean oceans, supporting small businesses, and more. Being a Local Guide gives me the chance and power to do something worthy for the community and make this world a better place to live in!

Caption: A collage of screenshots taken during different virtual meet-ups that Isha has hosted and attended. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Globe_trotter_Isha)Caption: A collage of screenshots taken during different virtual meet-ups that Isha has hosted and attended. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Globe_trotter_Isha)

Why I’m a Connect Moderator: Being a Connect Moderator is an honor! It gives me a chance to connect and interact not only with Local Guides and Google Moderators but also with Googlers who make amazing features possible on Maps. 

I love adding quality content on Connect through my posts and meet-ups, and I love sharing How-tos posts that encourage new and existing Local Guides to improve their Connect and Maps contributions. I believe that Connect Moderators are some of the most active Local Guides who have contributed well on Connect, and I’m happy to be a part of such an enthusiastic bunch to learn, share, and grow with!

Caption: A photo of Isha in front of a wall with the lettering, “Tower of London, World Heritage Site.” (Courtesy of Local Guide @Globe_trotter_Isha)Caption: A photo of Isha in front of a wall with the lettering, “Tower of London, World Heritage Site.” (Courtesy of Local Guide @Globe_trotter_Isha)

My favorite things to explore: I love exploring culture, food, traditions, and the best places to see and experience. So I visit restaurants serving local and international cuisines, museums, parks, kid-friendly places, and tourist spots in the city to add photos and accessibility information and help local businesses on Maps. 

Caption: A photo of Isha holding a book and sitting behind a desk with a Local Guides backpack and a tumbler on it during her meet-up for book lovers. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Globe_trotter_Isha)Caption: A photo of Isha holding a book and sitting behind a desk with a Local Guides backpack and a tumbler on it during her meet-up for book lovers. (Courtesy of Local Guide @Globe_trotter_Isha)

My favorite type of contribution(s) to make on Google Maps: I love taking photos and writing detailed reviews to help Maps users know exactly what to expect when they visit a place.

Languages I read/speak/write fluently: English, Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, and some German.

Places I’d like to visit: I would love to see all the seven wonders one day! Also, I would love to visit many friends who live across the world and see some of the best places in their cities.

Fun fact about me: I love music, and I like learning to play instruments. I can play some harmonium, piano, and drums. I’m currently learning to play the ukulele. 

We hope you’ve enjoyed getting to know @Globe_trotter_Ish. Say hi or ask her a question below as she has a lot to share about Google Maps and Connect.

Interested in becoming a Connect Moderator? Want to learn about other Connect Moderators? Find out more here.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!
London, UK
57 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: Meet a Connect Moderator: Isha

Thanks for this post @InaS 

Great to know more about you, @Globe_trotter_Ish . We are waiting for you to come and visit the Colosseum, if you missed it.

It will be an opportunity to meet, and on the meantime to guide you in Venice (even if it is not one of the seven wonders, it is amazing).

It is beautiful to have you as a moderator, Isha, and I believe you have a lot to share in Local Guides Connect

Connect Moderator

Hello @InaS 

Thank you for introducing @Globe_trotter_Ish to us. Nice to know more about her as well. Of course I follow her on the maps and have been in some meet up with her. Congratulations anyway and thank you for all you do on connect and the maps

We have something in common and that's music,I love music too.

Cheers 

Liberia, Love of Liberty brought us here

Proudly Nigerian but loves Ghana.

Warm greetings from W.Africa.

New on Connect? Please see my welcome-card

Selected Connect posts: My local guide lamp | Nigerian Digital History Museum | West-African dishes | Gwarimpa/Abuja Food Crawl | My first post on Connect | I'm a community builder | Find all my Connect posts here

TRAC Badge
TRAC Badge
Connect Moderator

Glad to know more about you @Globe_trotter_Ish

I wish that when you come back to India, we will go together with other local guide friends to visit the Statue of Unity, the eighth wonder of the world. I hope you too will be eager to visit SoU. 

Thank you @InaS for sharing this post. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello...@InaS thank you for sharing this amazing news...

Many many Congratulations to you @Globe_trotter_Ish ..💐 warm wishes from India....🇮🇳

Level 9

Congratulations @Globe_trotter_Ish !!!! 👋👌 So happy to hear this for you!!! खूप खूप अभिनंदन !! 

Thanks for sharing @InaS !!

Cheers!

Level 10

Congratulations... Dear @Globe_trotter_Ish 

Best wishes...

🤝🙏

Thanks for publishing this long awaited post, @InaS 

Warm regards...

Oh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform meOh...sorry... if the Photo is missing, kindly inform me

Level 7

@InaS wonderful ❣️❣️🎖🇮🇳

NitishG
Level 1

your hardest step and effort in the future be glorious for everyone exited to see the honor of local guide. Thanks. Ved Prakash Chaturvedi Varanasi City localguide 7th level headed congrats to you. 

Level 8

Hello @Globe_trotter_Ish ,

Your contributions are very informative and helps the user(Goigle Maps). I had learned new things on Accessibility through your post and meet-up also.

Thank you @InaS for this post.

================================

Accessibility Champion- Kalyan Pal