Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Re: Italian Local Guides are Rock n Roll

You all deserve this!

Level 10

You guys deserve all the respect @ErmesT .what you are doing for community is remarkable and memorable. Feeling proud to be part of this dedicated family. 

Thanks 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @AkmalB, everything is possible when we want to.

I'm proud to be part of this wonderful worldwide group, in which being all humans is a value , diversity is a value.

We still learning from each other everyday, helping to make this planet a better place to live.

Ermes

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, muchas felicitaciones por el gran trabajo que realizaron, es impresionante, el espíritu Local Guides, llevado a su máxima expresión, solo aplausos y felicitaciones por todo, marcan la diferencia y dejan una huella, con esto la Bara queda mucho más arriba 🙂

Level 9

This is very very motivational post @ErmesT

I like all the post we are all very happy and excited , remember that's Meetups when you release photo by photo and write stay tuned 👍😊👍

The video is incredibly nice @LucioV @manulele81 and all perfect 👍😊

Huge thanks to  @AntonellaGr for inspiring @ErmesT and all of us ,🙏🙏🙏🙏

And of course many many thanks to 🌹 @DanielaBP 😊

Big Huge many Thanks to @TraciC for sharing on G+ and for everything 🙌🙏🙌🙏

Googler

@ErmesT I have loved following along with your efforts and congratulate you all on being such amazing Local Guides and Italian citizens. It's an excellent example of how kindness and technology can help so many, and warms my heart beyond words. 🙂

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Former Google Contributor

Ciao @ErmesT

My warmest congratulations!

Solidarity and technology came together to give hope. This is a remarkable effort and it is having a great impact, too. I am so happy for you and each Local Guides which joined the meet-ups in the local areas and brought to life this amazing project. And personally very proud of the amazing work the Italian Local Guides have done in the earthquake's areas.  

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

you're pretty lovely @OSAMA ❤️

Connect Moderator

Thanks @ErmesT for the mention, but I didn't do anything!

I read your news link (with Translator) and from my own experience going through earthquakes all my life.

The biggest one here in the SF Bay Area was in 1989. I remember it clearly because it was in October during the  Baseball World Series between two local Bay Area teams - SF Giants and Oakland As on a beautiful warm day around 5 pm. I was watching the baseball game on TV

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_Loma_Prieta_earthquake

My parents' house shook so hard that I actually went under the dining room table (which I never went under pior). The 6.9 (felt more like a 7+) earthquake destroyed many  parts of the Bay Area and killed and injured many:

• collapsed double-decker freeways, which people (commuters going home) died crushed between the concrete freeway 
  • part of the top part of the Bay Bridge collapse which meant that many couldn't get across to the East Bay
  • apartment buildings in SF's Marina District collapse with major fires were among

It was amazing total strangers were helping each other that night, and following nights.  We only had live TV and actual telephones (aka landlines) at the time to get our news and to talk to our love ones.

Of course, there was no Google, no Internet for that matter., but I can only imagine the power of trying to put and/or edit places on Google Maps now is so impactful, not only for fellow neighbors but for communities as a whole and for the outside world wanting to know what is going on.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

😀 @KarenVChin, the positive support that you give is the kind of help that we need. 

Believe me, what the people more need in the areas of the earthquake (they need everything of course) is the human contact.

We are talking about small villages, in the middle of the mountains. What mostly I do (and as Local Guides we do) is listening, watching, talking to every person. Everyone have his own story to tell us, and we help them to feel in a community again. I'm really surprised reading and watching in TV , answering to journalist, being invited to conferences (we will be in one in less than 20 hrs from now).

We do a lot of small things, but it is surprising the respect we are getting in these day, for being Local Guides.

So, first of all, we are rebuilding communities, but I hope we will rebuild town soon (something is on the air, but it is too early now to talk about this)

Ermes